VAG-hag

VAG-hag's Corrado, beautiful addition

Looking excellent there. Will get myself some Black Hole- lots of people seem to be very impressed with it 8)

Cheers for the kind words guys!!

@ Wendy - the alarm is behaving for now. Fingers crossed!! :lol: xx

---------- Post added at 2:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:45 PM ----------

@ Cazza - got mine from ebay: double sized bottle for £20 delivered. Inlcuded some microfibres & app pads too :D

How have I never seen this in barnsley!?

Think seeing it would take me over the edge to buying one, and putting the mk1 into retirement. Paint looks spot on :salute:

cheers buddy!!

that pic was taken in Locke Park!! :D

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Black hole and nattys blue is a good combo

So I hear Jake.... need to hold off buying more wax though!! :lol:

Im after opinions where to start finding the fault I have with my stereo. I had the door cards off for the paint job & since replacing them the drivers side speaker does not work at all. So Im thinking this would be a good place to start fault finding..... is there a chance ive disrupted some wiring in there or am I wasting my time??

cheers folks

First port of call i guess mate, has it not worked since the respray then or did you fit new speakers too?

Also check that the wiring to the speaker/tweeter in the dash. Make sure both cables are in securely as if either of these is out it wont allow the door speaker to work. But id imagine its probably the cable inside the door itself. :)

Kippy - got new speakers too but i have tried both speakers on the passenger side and they work just fine.

Dumptyboy - there is evry chance ive upset the wiring in the tweets because I had them out too!! how are they configured mate? im surprised that they stop the door speakers though.... blooming corrados!!

Any ideas on how to replace the dash tweeters with the ones i got with my compos?

happy to help you try and sort it one eve mate my day off is wed's also so if you are free too let me know ;)

we have a winner!!! thanks gents: dumpty for the heads up re tweeters & Kipax for offering to join in the fun..... its never sounded better - whooop!!

giddy = me, Im pretty sure my car is in PVW this month on a show report - Fueled Society. Does anyone have a copy they could check please?

While we are at it..... FS was a great show last year, well worth a look! :thumbleft:

OK, its been a busy year for the old girl & I have pics to prove I can use spanners too! :lol:

Ill be uploading them soon as I cant load them from my tablet or phone. Ah well.

Today I was actually quite pleased to be sending some money to the HMRC pot in order to drive her on the roads & everything....... quite a novelty!

Done:

Subframe coated & back on with fresh bolts

Wishbones as above with R32 bushes & new bolts of course

DB9 Yellowstuff pads in the callipers

Custom brackets to suit the above

SS tank straps

coated inlets & other bits under the bonnet

injectors cleaned & checked/ flow tested

loads of bolt swapping for SS

chrome door mechs (only had them about 4 years!!)

24v sump

oil & filter change

new gaskets around oil heat exchanger, serp belt etc etc.....

looking forward to giving her a good clean tomorrow night & all being well enjoying the nice weather we have been promised!!

Wow, you have been busy Chris, good work!

Nice about the PVW pic too (didn't know about that til now) and not trivial at all. I think that's awesome :) How many copies did you buy?!!

Cheers Faye.... I didnt get one in the end which is a shame. I was fair giddy about it at the time.....

Its great being able to work on the car & learn more about it as I go - some swearing & sleepless nights but I am currently happy :)

You off to CCGB Nat day?

Really?!! You didn't buy one?!! I think I would've ended up with at least 2 copies, (one to look at and one to keep immaculate!) if it was mine! Back issue?

Great to hear that you're as full of enthusiasm for the car as ever and making great progress. All the blood, sweat and tears are always worth it in the end, especially on a good drive on a sunny day... shades on, windows down, roof open, spoiler up, engine singing!!

Yep, I'll def be at the Nat Day (always with the caveat of nothing breaking in the mean time!) and also going to Stanford on Sunday. Will you be there?

Thanks mate! And you are so right, like when chatting to so many 'rado owners we seem to have/ get the the same feelings for them on the good driving days....... im so giddy about the potential of nice weather & giving her a clean/ drive :)

Ill not be at Stanford im afraid but will see you at the Nat day all being well. Im off to a kit car show this weekend which im hoping will be a fun change. take care, C

Kit car show sounds interesting! Hope you'll be posting some pics... Enjoy the sunny driving and I look forward to catching up at Castle Combe

so im off to the ring next week and after all the work ive been doing the car felt not quite right, fair play really as ive been messing with a fair bit of stuff underneath. It was planned to go into the garage for wheel alignment anyway but I didnt think it would be so far out. Now feels great :)

Took a couple of pics while it was on the ramps - quite pleased with how clean it looks from here!

& a beading shot for those who like that sort of thing.....