VAG-hag

VAG-hag's Corrado, beautiful addition

Haha no worries, I've had my full car in bits at one time or another so hope I know my way round a rado. I may well treat myself to a biscuit though!

I reckon it deserves a ride in vrt ;)

It's great to learn more about them. First time for me tackling the dash and its hidden treats :)

No worries re ride. It's a hoot

Good luck with it! Seems to be a rite of passage for Corrado owners these days. Damn thing.

I've just done mine. Swapped everything over from a P plate polo heaterbox as everything fit perfectly and its a better foam. I did put some pictures up. Quick, easy, work's and all genuine

I'm looking forward to getting this done over the weekend. Thanks cressa but I think I'm going to upgrade the originals mate, I have what's needed and I don't need to find a polo :thumbleft:

If you want an extra pair of hands Saturday morning im happy to call over. I've had my dash out twice this year. Getting used to it now

Good luck with it! Seems to be a rite of passage for Corrado owners these days. Damn thing.

lol indeed Jim

if you take your time its not too bad a job really though. I think the thought of it was worse than actually doing it

Agreed. I was mortified when mine popped - didn't think I'd have the skills to do it but actually it wasn't so hard. Took a little longer than I expected though, that's for sure :) At the point I have attached / pictured, I was seriously thinking I'd made a huge mistake :)

Agreed. I was mortified when mine popped - didn't think I'd have the skills to do it but actually it wasn't so hard. Took a little longer than I expected though, that's for sure :) At the point I have attached / pictured, I was seriously thinking I'd made a huge mistake :)

ha ha ha I remember that point in your photo very well m8 & feeling the same!

I found one of the hardest bits was to get the drivers side bulk head nut back on the bolt due to the it being in such a tricky place to get your hand in

TBH when I changed the radiator in the VR I recall looking at it after the first day, when it was all apart, & thinking 'oh dear, this is going to end up on a trailer to the mechanic' lol

fortunately that didn't transpire BUT I may have to face that again so as to change my rad fans which seem to have gotten noisey recently

I'm looking forward to getting this done over the weekend. Thanks cressa but I think I'm going to upgrade the originals mate, I have what's needed and I don't need to find a polo :thumbleft:

just to check chris, have you got a good guide with pictures?

It actually gave me nightmares last night. been up since 0300!!! yes that looks very familiar :lol:

just to check chris, have you got a good guide with pictures?

I stole the guide from Corrado club Canada Andy. Its OK but could do with re working..... would you like me to take some nice pics of flap improvements etc?

I stole the guide from Corrado club Canada Andy. Its OK but could do with re working..... would you like me to take some nice pics of flap improvements etc?

I have the one Kris did on here & I managed to find all but a couple of the images , very similar to the Canada one but more pics I believe.

if you would like ive got it on word document if you want to PM your email addy m8. I found it invaluable as it shows where all the screws & bolts are located etc

yes pls on the flap improvements m8 - I would find that very helpful

PS don't loose sleep over the task in hand, patience & organisation makes it ok. FYI I used lots envelopes to put the screws of the various sections in, sealed them & labelled the front. takes time but made it so much easier to put it all back together

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Bit late for that screw idea :lol: but I didn't go at it without thought. Most screws and nuts are back where I found them to make it easy to know which goes where and will help avoid missing any out.

The doc would be ace please bud. I'll pm you. Thanks kindly

Hi Andy

I'd appreciate that Word document, it's a job I'm going to tackle in the near future, not had any problems but think it's worth doing as I'm not sure if its ever been done and sods law determines once the cars on the road it'll pop!

I'll pm you my email details if that's ok.

Cheers - Paul