Sean_Jaymo

Sean Jaymo - Grey Scale!! Pg8 - Go on have a look!

Ruddy hell seany! that looks awesome! you managed to get it fitted pretty sweet...

i need to see this in the flesh sometime soon! :shades:

just seen this on edition and i was thinking, hang on... im sure hes on rado forum but how have i missed this!

that install is beautiful, looks loads better than the TT or mk4 dash! absolutely stunning, may have to ask your help for a future project. been considering putting the mk4 clocks in for ages but don't know where to start. guessing you have to find something along the lines of a very early mk4/cabby 3.5 for the clocks?

how was the dash for fitment, i presume it needed trimming

Thanks mate! I thought that it would be rude to not post it up there seeing as it is more of a 38 thing than a Corrado forum thing! Been reading that site for years and have made a total of 4 posts or something like that!!

The clocks are early mk4 ones, anything after 1999.5 runs more on can-bus so become more a nause to fit if you want to keep standard sensors and the like. There is still loads to sort out but have been commuting my 60 odd mile a day trip and all is good so far :) 1 Rattle in total! Result in my eyes!

another point... luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve that steerin wheel!! the more i look at it the more i want it... but it won't go with the standard dash... damn you sean for making me want that!!

any fabrication that you had to do with regards to the dash fitment? or did it just slot straight in?

I really cannot get over how nice that looks and sits!

do you have any wiring diagrams for the clocks?

what have you done about the mileage, did you just find some random clocks and record the mileage on both?

i presume you found some gti 98-99 clocks with 160mph on them?

If its alright i might have to badger you with some questions about my possible install?

Ask away! Willing to help... I can get you some pin out diagrams from instrument clusters and you can work from there. The new clocks are showing a nats over 51k at the moment but I recorded the old mileage in my folder for when I get the right software to add the old mileage to the new.

Kris, The steering wheel will physically fit on the old column but you need to fit slip rings so that the horn will work. Size wise, it is the same size as the old one give or take a few mm! The new wheel is awesome to drive with, the flat bottom gives a great feel! :norty:

Ask away! Willing to help... I can get you some pin out diagrams from instrument clusters and you can work from there. The new clocks are showing a nats over 51k at the moment but I recorded the old mileage in my folder for when I get the right software to add the old mileage to the new.

Kris, The steering wheel will physically fit on the old column but you need to fit slip rings so that the horn will work. Size wise, it is the same size as the old one give or take a few mm! The new wheel is awesome to drive with, the flat bottom gives a great feel! :norty:

Yes please, that would be great! For most of the wiring was it just a case of redoing the existing wiring or did you buy adapter wiring?

think kris was asking about the dash fitment, im also wondering about that, it looks like there wasn't any fabrication needed but what do i know lol!

Yes please, that would be great! For most of the wiring was it just a case of redoing the existing wiring or did you buy adapter wiring?

think kris was asking about the dash fitment, im also wondering about that, it looks like there wasn't any fabrication needed but what do i know lol!

Let me know what dials you have and I'll get you some pin outs...

Yeah sorry missed that question from Kris completely! Must have been side tracked at home at the time!

The fit is pretty reasonable. I only had to cut out a 1.5 inch strip in the length and cut the door cards to fit. The doors are going to be covered to match in the near future so will deal with the cut away part then! Also need to sort out a few more panels to neaten stuff up.

Well managed to get a few hours spare this afternoon to replace the clutch slave and master cylinders! Clutch pedal now feels great but when I select reverse, 1st, 3rd and 5th, the gears seem to slush into place but work perfectly well?

Any ideas?

Well managed to get a few hours spare this afternoon to replace the clutch slave and master cylinders! Clutch pedal now feels great but when I select reverse, 1st, 3rd and 5th, the gears seem to slush into place but work perfectly well?

Any ideas?

Synchromesh?

just a stab in the dark...

Any ideas?

Synchromesh?

just a stab in the dark...[/quote:u4zq85o1]

Cheers for the stab Kris, Not that tho! It's sorted itself out now after I fiddled a bit with the linkages! Must have tweeked something on fitting the slave cylinder.

Thanks for taking the time to read OSV, Most appreciated and glad to know you didn't feel you wasted your time!

Any ideas?

Synchromesh?

just a stab in the dark...[/quote:3h7282z8]

Cheers for the stab Kris, Not that tho! It's sorted itself out now after I fiddled a bit with the linkages! Must have tweeked something on fitting the slave cylinder.

Thanks for taking the time to read OSV, Most appreciated and glad to know you didn't feel you wasted your time![/quote:3h7282z8]

glad to hear you got it sorted... i see you on xbox live now and then... we need to have a forza 3 race soon!

damn sean that dash looks lush mate, great work

you have done a good job on the car outside and in, its looking great mate

Cheers mate!

I have SORNed her as of today as I want to do a lot of mileage related work on her and as a result wont be able to use her as a daily... Bit of a shame but have got myself a Polo GTi to thrash back and forth in so that should encourage me to work fast :)

Typical really as I mopped her over the Christmas break and she was looking very purdy... sometimes needs must tho...

heya Sean, i've been following your progress pal - the seats and the dash look fantastic - really really like what you've done, especially the steering wheel :D

sorry you've had to sorn it - what work are you doing (bushes etc?)

need some pics btw seeing as it's been mopped 8)

Cheers Pete

Most of the bushings have been done but it's coming up on the age where I need to rebuild parts of the engine before a turbo goes on... I also had an electrical "issue" the other day which I have a feeling could have been cause by a butcher installing the alarm years ago instead of a qualified technician and as a result I have a mess to rewire.

The body work needs a good going over as there are a few bits of rust coming up etc but to do all of this right, I need time and parts and I can't justify spending all of that cash at once and risk myself being stuck without a car so I bit the bullet and SORNed her.

Never fear though, I will refuse to let her rot away and go to Corrado heaven!

Cheers Philmo, They've had a clean since then!