Kempy

Aqua Valver..Project for someone else?!

no but they are going to be polished properly soon and they will be then

no but they are going to be polished properly soon and they will be then

They can go shinyer :luvlove:

i've had my spare rota done but not seen it yet :grin: should be good

Ok I took out the leads on my daily to try them on the satin project to find oil on the middle 2 and a little on the nearest the dizzy :scratch: this doesnt seem good to me :censored:

On the plus side... the dizzy cap, HT leads and coil from my Satin project are in the daily and seemed to have made a very noticeable difference in performance :luvlove:

The acceleration actually pushed me back into my seat, which hadnt happened for a long time in a any of my valvers :D

so im :mad2: about the oil but :scratch: and :D about the perceived performance gains

probably leaking through the rocker cover gasket, i get a bit of oil sometimes as well.

might change my leads over soon, could do with some seat launching action myself :lol:

do you use VAG leads?

There's a seperate gasket for the spark plug holes. Comes with a rocker gasket set, probably worth changing.

I found out over on clubgti about the oil. The leads arent anything special, cant say what they are tbh but they arent anything other than normal ones. I think the dizzy cap was most mullered so that might have been a factor in the more grunt.. :D

I gotta tax this car monday.. but might take it of the road for a bit to sort it out. Are any manifold gaskets required when I change the rubber rocker ones?

only the gasket between the two sections of manifold, i never bothered changing mine and ive had the rocker off quite a few times, its a metal gasket so it stayed in good nick.

Id advise useing gasket sealent as iv been chaseing oil leaks around the rocker cover in the past.

very much hope to have it taxed for the Bristol Volksfest :norty:

can somebody tell me please what the 3rd wire inside the drivers wing is, its in a loom where 2 other go ontop of the metering head, I got a spare wire? might it be the outside temp sensor wire?

Went to the Retro Rides Show today, was nice to see different things other than VW's for once. It was at the Haynes Motor Museum not from from Yeovil. They got a small test track so I had a blast, It was great fun to be fair :luvlove: Wish there were to more rados to compare my times with but I thought I was going very well and the daily didnt let me down. Here's a small vid, should have more of the whole lap soon..

[youtube:ga7ybyuz]twH8Vs7kurE[/youtube:ga7ybyuz]

good effort fella, you look like you were flying it in that vid!

Got it into 3rd gear at one point lol. I loved im gonna do some more track time I think. not in the daily though lol. I thought it was fast. A mate of mine took his skyline and ripped off both his bumper :eekk:

:shrug: maybe project satin

fair one, i knew there was a good reason for having two :lol: seems like you got the engine running sweet on the satin!