Kempy

Aqua Valver..Project for someone else?!

SOme good and some bad news today

I'll start with the Good. Getting a full stainless system fitted as we speak, will be done tomorrow, Think it should give me some more HP hopefully. The pipes will be bigger than the standard I believe this is how lol

Bad News... On arrival to the exhaust fitters ( http://www.pro-speedexhausts.com/welcome.html ) I went into the reception and back out to the only for it not to start. Starter motor and Switch needed. Had the motor delivered in about 30mins and it fitted around an hour later. ( £100 worse off though) still need to fit a ignition switch :censored: :mad2: :(

not yet no. Might still want it as I got 2 working pumps but leaky other bits

yea Its stainless all the way from the head ftw :) Fully custom fitted etc etc lol

yea Its stainless all the way from the head ftw :) Fully custom fitted etc etc lol

how's the mani sorting you, did it make much difference??

Yea Its awesome to be fair, did you sell me one? lol cant remember now. I bought one off swompy for the aqua and I got the miltech on the satin but its not been driven since I fitted it, sounds good though.

5041161996_512c087f42_b.jpg

How we are looking these days

Thinking about painting the wheels, dunno what colour

Jobs done recently include

G60 Front disk upgrade, with carriers, calipers, hoses, pads etc

_DSC0236.JPG

mk4 rear calipers cleaned up today and painted ready to go on next weeknd

New handbrake cables, Got and MOT soon:!:

I dunno what the disks are tbh, They were the cheapest ones on ebay :ignore: I got pagid pads from ecb. Pretty cheap all in all

I bought pagid rear disks and pads to:thumbleft:

What is it wil you and rims Ryan? You go through more rims than Toad :camp:

Looks good tho mate.

Thos brakes look rather familiar :scratch:

:cool:

Yesterday the car started to play up. I should have sorted it out before painting the wheels for example.. I will never learn :(

I need to replace the cam cover gaskets today and replace the flange on the head at the front. Ive been really lucky and a mate has sourced all the parts for me today and I will be collecting them soon.

Question is I got KR cams in the Shed and I think this is the best chance Im gonna get to fit them. Ive fitted them before on my other valver, will these need to be perfectly timed up, if I leave marks on it I should be ok? whats the best thing I should do?

thanks

good progress there with the painted rims and brakes fella, wheels look a good job.

before you take the existing cams out put the flywheel to top dead centre by spying through the bell housing plug, then simply realign the dots on the KR cam gears with the 9a cam gears that you remove, the small dots should face each other, and the line in the belt pulley should match the top of the cylinder head.

yan had some pics of his cam timing on his 16vg60 thread recently for reference.

alright aide..

I didnt have much time as I was outside and had no light. I just ended up replacing the flange on the front, lower manifold gasket, cam cover gaskets ( these were fudged as there was oil all over the plug leads, I need new plugs now and dizzy cap. need to make a list lol) replaced the coolant for G20++ to.. and it did the trick, very happy its sorted now. Its must be the exact same issue my silver valver had but I had no idea what I was doing at that time. I'll have to do the cams next time. Im booked onto a rolling road so I want it done before then.

I was very lucky I could get all these parts off the shelf at TPS, ECP and GSF, I had to be driven around them all by my granddad, I bought him some McEwans for his troubles :)

Ryan

Still havent fitted the cams but got plans to do it next week during a bit of a mini service. Ive not updated for a while, so here are some recent pics, Ive bought some spacers, a new wheel and more excitingly a carbon fibre bonnet which I think looks coool.

_DSC0353.JPG

_DSC0343.JPG

_DSC0338.JPG

_DSC0336.JPG

Pic taken literally after a 300mile drive so car is covered in bugs, lol / please ignore amber indicators i keep forgetting to change them

Looks really good Ryan, I do like the look of a carbon bonnet on a blue rado :D

cheers jake anything would be an improvement from what was on there, it had a load of lacquer peel. this one is clean and smoothed, with no washer jets