KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

Cheers for the link mate, just seen it on South today too!

Put in new handbrake cables today, along with millions of various clips. I also got a whole load of engine bay harness clips from a Mk3 to replace the cable tie sort the corrado comes with, there just a bit neater, less fidly, and more substancial. Also going to put my shift light LED's into my console tonight.....

My old man, he showed me how, and ends up with free servicing on his cars for the rest of his life :roll: !!

you must show me the ways of the force, obi wan! :tongue:

seriously tho, i want to do that to my car... just don't know how... :(

A friend of mine ran a full braided system on his brakes, and he said it made the pedal spongey.

I suppose you will have to suck it and see :)

Yeah that was my view on it! If it is too spongey, I'll probably just do the ABS unit to compensator in hardline, no big deal. I have driven a track car that was fully braided and that was fine but it was a smaller bore.

Got a s/hand Jetex exhaust today. (cheers Trev!)

SNV34681.JPG[/attachment:sygm5e28]

I changed because I don't want an oval tailpipe, I'm after a straight cut one having seen James (CorradoVR6 Turbo) one which looks more OE in my view, but couldn't be arsed with making up a full system like he has so i 'm selling my Magnex and have bought a Jetex which I can then chop the tailpipe off. I can't chop the Magnex one off without hassle as the tailpipe is welded to the back box. Magnex going into the for sale section.....

Fitted Stu's (Mr.Beige on here) shift light kit, overall impression was that it was a very nice bit of kit, cheers Stu!

Personally I wasn't bothered about having all four lights so I decided to fit just the two, which made fitting it easier, as you could use the existing LED mounts. So I set about fitting it. Chuffed with the results. I like this kit because you wouldn't know it was there unless you look for it- which is my kind of mod. But really handy for track days and sprints :norty:

Anymore updates? You did have a whole bank holiday weekend to get it finished!

:lol: Nope sorry bud, haven't seen the car for a while!

It's sat outside in the rain at the moment. Just waiting for another car to finish with the 2 poster, then it's finish loom time and engine back in for good! I've finally got round to getting some proper foam for the seats though, so i'll be doing that soon.....

Had a good drive in Pete Griffs Evo, loved every minute of it, still grinning! :D

Had a good drive in Pete Griffs Evo, loved every minute of it, still grinning! :D

by the time you get yours finished i should hopefully have got round to turning my boost up, so we'll have to get them on the track and sort the men from the boys! :wink:

good to hear you've got the foam through at last, loved looking at the seats when i was down there. it's almost theraputic putting seats together isn't it?!

by the way, any time i'm down to see you and you fancy takng the evo out for another quick blast it's always there for you :D

what size are those wheel my good man?? brakes look 1st class 8)

Thanks Chris :thumb right: 17x7.5 buddy. I keep having to have a peek at the brakes through the wheels, bit sad that!

by the time you get yours finished i should hopefully have got round to turning my boost up, so we'll have to get them on the track and sort the men from the boys! :wink:

good to hear you've got the foam through at last, loved looking at the seats when i was down there. it's almost theraputic putting seats together isn't it?!

by the way, any time i'm down to see you and you fancy takng the evo out for another quick blast it's always there for you :D

You'll be needing all the extra boost you can get your hands on,then you might be able to catch me on the straights :lol: :lol: bring it on! Think we should organize that karting day soon!

Fancy a hand some time? Would love to pop over and see how you're getting on with it. :D

Yes for sure buddy!! When I can finally get onto it I'll give you a shout, will you be bringing the VR? I'll have to have a go in that too, I've forgotten what a proper sports car should feel like :D Pete keeps making me drive around in his family four door saloon. :D

Fancy a hand some time? Would love to pop over and see how you're getting on with it. :D

Yes for sure buddy!! When I can finally get onto it I'll give you a shout, will you be bringing the VR? I'll have to have a go in that too, I've forgotten what a proper sports car should feel like :D Pete keeps making me drive around in his family four door saloon. :D

LOL. Yeah will do. Spoke to Pete earlier, hope to pop over and say hello this weekend while he's around, so a drive in a proper car might not be far away. :wink:

I keep having to have a peek at the brakes through the wheels, bit sad that!

YEP!!! :lol: but worry not mate im a full on brake perve too!! See lots of exotica over here and the owners look gutted when I just gawp at the brakes :gag:

Double thumbs up on this bulid mate :clap:

well, les hope you can see which way my family four door went when you get to the twisty bits eh Kip?! :wink: oh and i don't remember you moanng too much when you drove it! guess it was the cosy family interior and boring drive that settled your nerves!

and yes - more boost is now imminent - courtesy of Mr Haywire :thumb right:

it has to be said the more i drive it the more i love it. i hate the way it looks on the outside but all that melts away a soon as you get in and travel 10 yards.

i got it quite nicely out of shape on a couple of empty roundabouts on the way down to salisbury today - awesome!

the ease with which you can cover ground is staggering - on single track roads (private ones naturally) that i would normally comfortably do 65-70 when not in a hurry, i find myself doing nearer 100 and really not noticing it until i glance at the speedo!

anyway - you're slacking and haven't worked on your car in a while now - sort it out!

:D

Glad you got the kit fitted dude. Did you use LEDs 1 and 4 then?

Yes just 1 and 4, very impressed with the kit too mate :salute:

LOL. Yeah will do. Spoke to Pete earlier, hope to pop over and say hello this weekend while he's around, so a drive in a proper car might not be far away. :wink:

Ahh I forgot it's ED38 this weekend, and whilst I'm not too into the stretched tyre scene, I'm still going on up there with a mate of mine....but I'm leaving early so I may be back quite soon too, may still meet up?

well, les hope you can see which way my family four door went when you get to the twisty bits eh Kip?! :wink: oh and i don't remember you moanng too much when you drove it! guess it was the cosy family interior and boring drive that settled your nerves!

and yes - more boost is now imminent - courtesy of Mr Haywire :thumb right:

it has to be said the more i drive it the more i love it. i hate the way it looks on the outside but all that melts away a soon as you get in and travel 10 yards.

i got it quite nicely out of shape on a couple of empty roundabouts on the way down to salisbury today - awesome!

I can honestly say i loved driving the Evo mate :clap:

the ease with which you can cover ground is staggering - on single track roads (private ones naturally) that i would normally comfortably do 65-70 when not in a hurry, i find myself doing nearer 100 and really not noticing it until i glance at the speedo!

anyway - you're slacking and haven't worked on your car in a while now - sort it out!

:D

New arrival, little Mia born at 5.33am, two weeks off work, so might take the opportunity to finish off the car!IMAG0249.jpg[/attachment:1y94taee]

Congrats :clap:

2 weeks off, sweet. Little un's sleep a lot which is cool, mine did, so plenty of time in between feeds and bum changes to get some corrado work done. :wink:

congratulations pal - she's lovely, good for you.

looking forward to seeing her when i'm down next, hope she doesn't keep you awake at night too much! :D