Sign in to follow this  
was8v

Wowsers, new Scirocco remapped to 380bhp

380BHP MTM SCIROCCO

Tuner finds 380bhp with a remap and new exhaust system...

The VW Scirocco may still be box fresh but this hasn

Looks like it probably has an upgraded turbo and injectors rather than just a remap as posted!

Hopefully some kind of LSD too to get that power down.

yeah no way can ya achieve a whole 180 ponnies over standard off a re-map, still if the bottom end takin the power it good to kno they can be tuned, me bro's golf mk 5 runnin 250 off a re-map ill have ot get onto him about more poke haha

yeah I still dont like the new rocco......I think :scratch:, this might change my mind AGAIN !! .......exhausts still look like after thought even if you stick another couple on the other side !!!

Yeah I saw one ont he road for the first time the other day, look like a squashed frog.

This one is growing on me though.

yeah thats a good point^^^^^ for new cars at least, wouldnt want to spend 20k ish on a new car and then spend another couple of grand on wheels and suspension making it look how you want it......doesnt quite make sense !!!

I do like it.

Std rocco gets a good right up in the latest EVO. Comes fairly low in the Car of the Year comp but then again there are some minters in it!

Basically says it is an awesome x-country tool, but just a little souless...

I do like it.

Std rocco gets a good right up in the latest EVO. Comes fairly low in the Car of the Year comp but then again there are some minters in it!

Basically says it is an awesome x-country tool, but just a little souless...

.......aarrrgggghhh less evo talk i havent got to that page yet :)

The Scirocco scored a fairly respectable lap time of the track as well..

yeah no way can ya achieve a whole 180 ponnies over standard off a re-map,

Normally, neither the K03 (standard 2.0 TFSI engine) or the K03S (Edition 30 engine) turbos can flow enough to make that sort of power, but in that 2.0 engine with direct injection, it's hard to say for sure.

Regular turbo engines waste a lot of fuel, and therefore power. TFSI engines burn every single scrap of the atomised fuel, it runs cooler and it has a higher compression ratio, so a K03S flat out might just push 380hp.....but personally I doubt it. It might do it as a quick spike on the dyno, but the K03s can't sustain that for long.

That's the trouble with these Euro tuners, they bandy around big hp numbers without qualifying them.

Good points.

I'd rather have 250hp from 2500rpm to redline than 380 at a cat's whisker either side of 7805rpm.

FSI is gooood though.

Good points.

I'd rather have 250hp from 2500rpm to redline than 380 at a cat's whisker either side of 7805rpm.

FSI is gooood though.

I was going to say, lets be honest 300bhp would be enough! :afro:

Yip....

"380hp" is just a number to make people moist, but at the end of the day, drivability is more important. We need to see the torque curve to see what it'll be like on the road :D

Not entirely (chassis, suspension, etc are all different), but certainly the same engine as the one in the MK5 GTI.

Has anyone actually bought one yet?

Listers were doing a TDi for £1k down and £400/month for 3 years today.

With the current lack of sales, it'll be interesting to see how much better the deals get in the next couple of months...

Has anyone actually bought one yet?

Listers were doing a TDi for £1k down and £400/month for 3 years today.

With the current lack of sales, it'll be interesting to see how much better the deals get in the next couple of months...

Other than knocking down 8k from their R32, Listers in Coventry are not giving discounts on the Irocco yet, at least not judging by the price tags attached to each one on display. Only a question of time, however, before they´ll have to give in just to shift, I guess.

Tempest