KUR2Y

Uprated Headlight looms for 2013

id be ineterested in some n ill get looking for 88-91 passat connectors too

is it just on the headlights i can get the connectors of or is there anything else using those on the car i can cut them off???

might be able to make on even if its not a group buy??

mucho gracias

Hi Sean

I'm gonna order up a small amount of parts as there are 4 people now interested. i will try and get these made by the end of the month. Please feel free to pester me about them as often as you like, my memory is fading and I have alot of real work on at the minute.

The plug numbers are available somewhere in this thread. You could as the dealer if they are fitted to anything else. Did you look at ARZ in Germany? they have them, again not cheap.

The price will be £60 standard or £68 if you supply the plugs. (the terminals for the plug cost a fortune).

Hi

Im interested in these definatly. if there as easy as they sound to fit then show me where i sign for them.

Cheers

Hi KUR2Y,

Bought a loom from you a while back and fitted it no probs. Been working great until tonight! Got home and when I switch the lights off, either the drivers side headlight stays on or it goes off for a couple of minutes, then just lights up all by itself, even if the car is locked by alarm. I've check all the connections etc and doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas??

Hi KUR2Y,

Bought a loom from you a while back and fitted it no probs. Been working great until tonight! Got home and when I switch the lights off, either the drivers side headlight stays on or it goes off for a couple of minutes, then just lights up all by itself, even if the car is locked by alarm. I've check all the connections etc and doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any ideas??

Mine does this sometimes but im on the old loom, just the drivers sidelight, goes of after a while but would love to know whats doing this

Hi KUR2Y,

Any ideas??

Mine does this sometimes but im on the old loom, just the drivers sidelight, goes of after a while but would love to know whats doing this

On a previous loom i had i found both headlights on, turned out to be water in the relays. Just a thought, i've heard good things about kurbys looms (after one myself once i have the cash for it) so dont doubt they are high quality.

Hi KUR2Y,

Any ideas??

On a previous loom i had i found both headlights on, turned out to be water in the relays. Just a thought, i've heard good things about kurbys looms (after one myself once i have the cash for it) so dont doubt they are high quality.[/quote:i20rpqvv]

It was indeed water in the relays! Or 'relay' to be exact - the middle one of the three. Got them dried out and all sealed up in a little surgical glove (I'm a dentist and it was the only thing to hand!) and they seem to be fine now. Would be interested in getting a couple of spare relays though in case they go completely. Would you sell a couple on there on KUR2Y or could you let me know where to get some?

Anybody on this list wanting a loom?

I am selling mine as the car is off the road for a very long time now.

3 relay and £50 delivered with instructions.

I had it according to page 1 since Jan 2nd approx, hardly used, probs 2k max, took it off the car last night and looks mint still.

I too am interested if your still making them. However, I'm unsure if I need the 3 relay or 2 relay... :shrug: Where can I find out Which one i need?

Im driving a 91 G60 if that helps...

Hi there folks.

Sorry for not replying to this thread but I've been on a some courses etc.....

I have ordered some gear and hope to have some made up in the next few weeks.

They will be £62 posted for the 3 relay looms.

On the first few pages there should be some info an the differences between the 2 and 3 relay looms but I have only made 3 relay looms recently. Most people choose the 3 relay loom.

Cheers

Great news. As above, I will take a 3 relay one. Have got the OEM connectors on the way. Many thanks.

Hi KUR2Y

Couple of queries before I dive in :

Isn't there advantage in having a 4 relay loom, as you'ld lose all dipped lights if that relay goes down?

Also, do you use the new-fangled solid state relays, which should be more weather resistant?

Would appreciate your feedback.

Hi Philmo,

4 relays is unsightly but if that's what you want I'll make it!!!!!!!!If you loose the main beam relay it's not the end of the world, you can drive on dip.

I don't use solid state relays as I need to keep the loom as cheap as possible. I wouldn'y like to start loading the price up.

I had a spell of siliconing the relays up but it takes ages and I don't make much money on the looms as it is, so time is a factor. You can silicon them up when you get the loom.

Hope that helps. Please feel free to ask questions but some will have been answered before in the thread.

Cheers

I've got the parts now to make the looms.

If you could PM me with your orders I will be happy to try and squeeze some money out of you.

I hope to have the looms made by early next week.

The 3 relay looms will be £62 posted or £65 if you want to paypal the money to me.

Cheers

Zak

Hi VR6 south.

I have all the connectors for the MK2 Golf.

I assume you would like a 3 Relay loom???

All--------------------

I'm away for 10 days as of the 23rd and will only have time to make 2 looms between now and then.

I have tbvr6 and kwala as the first 2 recipiants.

Waiting I believe are:

VR6 south

neuon2003

Alex_G60_fanatic

foxster

Hi folks,

As I've been away and had a few beers, my mind is not clear as to who wants a loom.

If you could please re-PM me with your requirements then I will get on with the job and post out some looms.

Cheers

I'm not quite ready yet as I am putting some funds into some other work on the Golf. Will let you know when I am ready.

Zak,

I'd like a 3 relay loom please.

I have ordered some connectors from ARZ, could you PM me your address so that I can send them on to you when they turn up?

Thanks, Alex