drewiee99

G60 2 years on, engine out because i was bored

hi all ive tried to do this before and wrote quite a lot and went to post it and lost it all so i will just add photos if i can over the last 12 months of whats happened and where im upto. I managed to get a bread van as a little run around and decided to try and strip the g60 down with my limited knowladge and a tool kit from halfords.

Edited by drewiee99

I tried 2 secondhand ones off ebay and thet were crap all shitty and the motor housinngs were broke. So just got a new one,bit like the pas pump ive just got i could of got a second one but obsolete now so managed to source a new one so i got it. I try and keep it as original as possible a little expensive though.

the picture below sums up this car.

No KAD its a corrado not a polo :lol:

very nice though, im glad to see people who care for these cars are getting hold of them and doing things right regardless of cost.

Managed to get away on holiday in april to manaco,second time ive been now its a cool place. Was suprised to see a vr6 on design 90s with cream leather

stanford hall 2008, good day with the 20th anniversary celebrations some nice cars turned out. Managed 3rd behind the 2 mint roccos, i think 1st is way out of reach at least im the only g60.

Blimey do you have time to go to the pub :grin:

Only messing, looks beautiful. Not often you see red paintwork in such condition :salute:

I was admiring your car at Stanford hall mate. :D I can not put into words how envious I am of your paintwork! :lol: It was your car that swayed my girlfriend into liking red Rados and for that I owe you a huge debt of gratitude.

I was following crazy dave down a dual carrageway on the way to worceter meet, went to bear left and i just lost the back end, i lifted off and waited for it to grip but nothing it was like i was on ice. 1 way then the other straight up the kerb hit the elctrical box blew the tyre out and came to a halt. We were not even going fast as he had the little one in the car, its a good job i was not trying to keep up like usual other wise i think i would of hit the central reservasion and been a right off. :censored:

Shit thats bad mate, how bad is the damage then? Looking at those pics Im thinking it could have been a lot worse!

Dont wanna tell you how to suck eggs. But if the back end goes dont ever lift of entirely. If in doubt keep your foot planted to the floor and steer in the direction you wanna go! :D

cheers mate to be honest if i would of gone with it i prob would of gone round in a circle but it was just panic i did not have that much time to react i got a massive tank slapper when i tried to steer to save it nearl broke my thumbs it went right left then kerb i was a passenger. Im trying to load pics of damage but having a little trouble they keep saying pics invalid?

It scuffed the bumber and dented the wing and rear quarter just under the light cluster. it could of been ow so worse

looks like there must be something on the road for someone else to of done very similar recently! unless the road is fubar!?

as you have said it could of been alot worse than it was, be grateful you werent giving it some teddy.. still hell of a shame tho mate!

This is a pm off crazy dave a week later, made me feel a little better.

Hi Drew,

driving to work this morning and I had one of those deja vu moments coming round a certain island. Black tyre marks, bits of gravel and a red car with the rear quarter mashed in after hitting a telecoms box parked just in front of a lamp-post...... only it was a red Boxter!

Must be something rather strange about the shape of that roundabout??? Porsche had done a much better job of it though and he's gonna get the bill for the telecoms box!

Didnt want to miss national day so went along with the war wounds, great turn out of cars and a great location. Nice day to watch the racing and to get to blast up the hill. The funny thing was i was behind crazy dave and the marshall at the start said ' go steady and keep up with the car in front' like im going to be able to do those to requests.

the last time i used the car back in aug 08, went to wales quad biking it was a right laugh. then brought the bread van as a run around couldnt resist giving it the once over.