-=Kris=-

Kris' VR6...

Just my 2p worth, but I've had no problems at all with the powerflex bushes on my 'Rado. They've been on there for about 5 years.

Powerflex bushes are firmer, there is no doubt; but I would have thought that if you are planning to fit coilovers, then comfort is not your first priority. Moreover, stiffer suspension will transfer greater loads to the other suspension components and you will want the peace of mind knowing that there only the minimum of movement in the geometry.

BTW, fitting thicker (Eibach) anti-roll bars was the best mod I have ever did to my 'Rado, alongside swapping from 280 (standard) to 288mm brakes (from a late Mk3 VR Golf or Passat). I did the roll bars before uprating the suspension from standard springs and dampers, and the transformation over the standard car was huge.

However, if you want to know what a well sorted VR6 feels like (and what you shopuld be aiming for (IMHO), with fresh bushes, KW V1s and anti-roll bars, then contact Fay (scarlet_vr6) who has just had hers all done. Her car has been transformed - the handling is pin sharp, and made me realise what a difference the ARBs make, when compared to my VR Golf which has Powerflex bushes and coilovers but no ARBs. Fay lives near you (Basingstoke I think).

HTH

However, if you want to know what a well sorted VR6 feels like (and what you shopuld be aiming for (IMHO), with fresh bushes, KW V1s and anti-roll bars, then contact Fay (scarlet_vr6) who has just had hers all done. Her car has been transformed - the handling is pin sharp, and made me realise what a difference the ARBs make, when compared to my VR Golf which has Powerflex bushes and coilovers but no ARBs. Fay lives near you (Basingstoke I think).

HTH

thanks for the compliments Charlie, very chuffed with that :D

Kris, you are welcome to drive mine in Guildford on Wed if you like - see what you think of it. Might help give you some ideas on how you want to spend your money :)

Just a second Kris - how long have you had the Jetta? I don't remember you getting that. I've always loved the Jetta.

HTH

thanks for the compliments Charlie, very chuffed with that :D

Kris, you are welcome to drive mine in Guildford on Wed if you like - see what you think of it. Might help give you some ideas on how you want to spend your money :)

Cheers Fay, i'll have to take you up on that...! will be good as i'll be doing pretty much the same as what you have had done to your C... :clap:

Just a second Kris - how long have you had the Jetta? I don't remember you getting that. I've always loved the Jetta.

Jetta? i never said i had a Jetta marcus ol buddy ol pal!

tho having said that... we had a white jetta a looooong time ago... loved that car! :notworthy:

Just my 2p worth, but I've had no problems at all with the powerflex bushes on my 'Rado. They've been on there for about 5 years.

Powerflex bushes are firmer, there is no doubt; but I would have thought that if you are planning to fit coilovers, then comfort is not your first priority. Moreover, stiffer suspension will transfer greater loads to the other suspension components and you will want the peace of mind knowing that there only the minimum of movement in the geometry.

BTW, fitting thicker (Eibach) anti-roll bars was the best mod I have ever did to my 'Rado, alongside swapping from 280 (standard) to 288mm brakes (from a late Mk3 VR Golf or Passat). I did the roll bars before uprating the suspension from standard springs and dampers, and the transformation over the standard car was huge.

HTH

great advice as always charlie... :clap:

thats pretty much what i thought... while i don't want a stupidly firm ride... i've found that i've not been too bothered by what other people would consider too firm... so i'm not too bothered by that, but i'll see what i think of fays car, and tbh, will probly base my desision on that...

Ok.... so i've just been for a drive in Fays car (Many thanks, Fay!) :shock: i want some!!!!!

so so soooo much more responsive! even when going in a straight line, you can feel the road so much more and it gives you the confidence to throw it round a corner... the car felt so nice and solid, the ARB you can tell has made a huge difference too... and i didn't find the ride too harsh at all...

Fay, your BMC filter sounded sweet! :wink:

i love that diddy steeringwheel too :lol:

thanks for the nice comments Kris, glad you liked it :) That BMC has a lot to do with my rubbish avg mpg! You'll have to start saving for some KWs now lol

dug out the printouts from when mine was on the rollers at Stealth - was April 08 and I got 190.2bhp @ 5760 and 182.3lb ft @ 4161 so you got better results than me too ;)

many turn up tonight at no rice mate ??

the car park was packed but aside from mine and Kris', I only spotted one rado there...

it wasn't all bad... saw a nice Mk2 golf VR conversion!

there was a sweeet looking carrera 4!

a golf with a bathroom tile bonnet... :cuckoo:

some sort of french boy racer... :epicfail:

and a volvo police cruiser! :lol:

right... so the to do list...

Miller was over not too long ago and made a bit of a priority list... just stuff i need to get done 1st!

all in the engine bay really...

shiny inlet mani to go on

obviously new gaskets for that

need to replace the leaky thermostat

will replace the crack pipe with that

new golf water bottle resevoir thing

slight oil leak from....... forgotten what it's call but it needs replacing!

new sparks

rocker cover gasket

sump gasket

oh! and repair the wiring for the airflow meter... that caused me to sh*t myself somewhat...

right... i THINK thats it off the top of my head... Lemme know if i've missed anything out, miller!

Oh, and you free any time this coming week? i've got it off! :D

right, so the budget has come through!! yey!!!

anyone know where i can get a set of KW V1s fairly resonably priced? :tongue:

try gwerks, not sure if they still have that 'back to the eighties' pricing still on

Nice one swifty! i'll send them an email... :)

The cost of the KW Variant 1's for the Corrado will be £693.72. This price includes VAT & delivery. If you wish to order these or need any more information please feel free to contact us on 01903 730 006 and we shall help you with this.

that seem like a good price? i haven't found em cheaper anywhere else...

I got mine from JabbaSport about a year ago for about a £100 less than that, I would be concerned if they climbed up by that much in a year :)

The cost of the KW Variant 1's for the Corrado will be £693.72. This price includes VAT & delivery. If you wish to order these or need any more information please feel free to contact us on 01903 730 006 and we shall help you with this.

that seem like a good price? i haven't found em cheaper anywhere else...

i had a little thread on here dude trying to get a group buy on the KW's. But there wasn't any point as we couldn't beat that £690ish mark and you can get them even cheeper.

http://venommotorsport.com/manufacturer ... el=Corrado

there is £650 :wink:

try http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/kw-variant-1-inox-coilovers/volkswagen/corrado.html

it's the inox ones that i want... stupid prices!

CrazyDave has quoted me the low end of £600... i'm happy with that...

rockin... you'll struggle to get any cheeper.. and TBH whats in £30 when you spending £600 :wink: