Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Cool or Chav?

cool

get one with black stiching though they look much more oem

might need to trim the bottom slightly so it doesnt get caught in the cables. nice little mod tho.

I personally don't like em as the hole in the plastic just looks too 'rough' without the intended piece of trim on the handbrake itself to cover it. Not my cuppa tea.

bought one, didn't like it, couldn't get it to fit and look decent, so fixed up the old bit of plastic trim and sold the leather

Had one in the valver, took an hour of trimming to get it to fit, and IMO looked poop. I'd find an original set of the plastic covers...

i bought 3corsameals old one i think ;)

i think the trick is to trim the old plastic trim just enough so it will go inside the leather cover and support it from inside, that way the leather sits in the hole better and it looks less saggy. took all of about 15mins of fiddling hehe

dab of superglue to hold it at the front by the button and it looks spot on imo

Cant stand them. My brother has one in his, he's been searching a year for another grey plastic trim to replace it :lol:

but as said, you really cant get them to fit properly, or was that just me :shrug:

Some interesting points here. I'm not too keen unless it looks as though its OEM, so I'll probably give it a miss and see if I can get another original plastic 'bit' from Volkswagen.

Bought one for mine cos I snapped the plastic bit but never been happy with it. Don't think they look right covering the whole handle. I've bought a whole handbrake from a mk3 golf which should fit (only 16 quid off the bay), but haven't had a chance to try yet

Has anyone thought about cutting them shorter so they dont cover the handle, then attaching them somehow so they dont slide down?

Has anyone thought about cutting them shorter so they dont cover the handle, then attaching them somehow so they dont slide down?

that was my plan, i found you could fit it with the leather stopping at the bottom of handle.

its just when you put handbrake down the leather bunches up and looks a bit naff

that was my plan, i found you could fit it with the leather stopping at the bottom of handle.

its just when you put handbrake down the leather bunches up and looks a bit naff

Was that with the original plastic cover inside of the leather? To "stretch" it into place?

Well after mentioning it I thought I'd have a go at fitting it. Mk3 golf handbrake into the Corrado. Piece of piss to do and think it looks better than most of the aftermarket gaitors. Only thing is that when you've got the handbrake down the handle rubs on both sides as it's a bit wider. Will have to look into whether the MK3 centre tunnel will fit or maybe make some personal modifications.