20vturbo

corrado 20v turbo, finally finished

next update ill get a pic of myself

as for the color, well all im gonna say is you will just have to wait and see

Ok nice one :grin:

You changed your mind on the carbon black then?

ya ive gone for something different, its a rare color. my local paint store didnt even have a chip for it.

Sweet. REALLY cant wait to see it now!

that makes 2 of us

im just worried it will look bad but im pretty sure it will look great :grin:

LOL I bloody hope so for your sake. Wouldnt want to have to see you strip the car down again :lol:

i've been watching this thread for a while now - fair play, your work is an absolute pleasure to look at! :D

that looks good with the pipework for the intercooler too - can't see a problem with tig'ing those pipes onto the intercooler there - just make sure you get some nice flexi hoses in there somewhere to effectively isolate all engine movement with the pipes running that close to the rad, chassis leg etc

you're going to have some fun insuring the beastie once you've got it finished aren't you?!

you're going to have some fun insuring the beastie once you've got it finished aren't you?!

well by the time its finished (a long long way away) it should be ok to insure and a have somthing sorted so ill be ok.

looking forward to getting the bumper back wednesday to see the color :D

Nice work mate, I can`t wait to see what she looks like when you have finished her. Then you can start mine for me :lol:

are you really 16!?!

you got a bigger set of balls than me to take on a project like this. the tread is amazing and im loving your work.

i wish i had the space or courage to take on something like this. i bet the feeling after working on it is amazing

good luck n keep it up

are you picking it up as you go or are you a mechanic in training?

I for one do not believe for a second this guy is 16.... :ignore:

We need video evidence of the 16 year old doing some of this work, i am a sceptic for sure.

are you really 16!?!

you got a bigger set of balls than me to take on a project like this. the tread is amazing and im loving your work.

i wish i had the space or courage to take on something like this. i bet the feeling after working on it is amazing

good luck n keep it up

are you picking it up as you go or are you a mechanic in training?

yes i really am 16

ive been helping my dad restore his cars since i was about 8, everything else such as body work i learned on my own. i look at somthing, decide what i think is the best way to do it and get it done. my brother is a bmw technician so he is there if i need advice.

nothing in this project is complicated, its all fairly straight forward. the only thing i can see getting complicated is my brake setup.

Looks a lovely colour mate! Where aboutd are you spraying your bits? And what sort of laquer are you using? I mean gun aerosol etc?

it was done by a friend of the family who owns a body shop about half a mile from my house. its professionally done and they used sikkens paint. not cheap tho, 290 for 5 liters of it :shock:

looks the nuts mate! i've just had a look through this and your very lucky to have the experiance with your old man as i would have killed for that when starting to play with cars at first 8)

With that sort of knowledge mate, do an automotive engineering course if you can, i was lucky enough to do an apprenticeship but they arent offered anymore afaik so a degree might be the best way in and with the amount of determination and enthusiasm you have atm you'd fit right in in my office! - lots of car nuts with crap under theire finger nails masquerading as proper members of sociaety whilst planning their next engine/inteior/body mod, great fun :D

with crap under theire finger nails masquerading as proper members of sociaety whilst planning their next engine/inteior/body mod, great fun :D

superb quote yeti! rofl!!

i never learnded how to spell good neither... looking at that is why i need to slow my typing down! lol

Thats a reall good finish on that bumper. I got a grey C myself. What colour is it. Corrado colour? or something a little different?

That's quite similar to mine (paint code LA9V). Mine really needs at least a partial respray though :(.

its a vw color but not a standard corrado one, its the best finish if seen from a gun, smooth as glass :D

its brown/bronze color in real life, not as grey, its one of those colors you cant take a pic of.

i hope it will show up better on the shell, i might play with the settings on the camera to see if it will pick it up better

just picked my jaw off the floor this is brilliant work

loving your understatement, after seeing that stack of metal i didn't expect to see ur motor upside down - brilliant! :D

i decided to get some porsche calipers for the front aswell so now i have four, my big front ones arrived today.

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg