20vturbo

corrado 20v turbo, finally finished

im doing all the work myself.

the only things i am not doing is putting on the base coat and clear as you need a oven to bake it and im getting someone to do the mapping on the engine. everything else is done by yours truly.

as soon as a panel is stripped it is going to be primed.

Superb. Very well done and hope you didn mind any of the facetious comments earlier. Its a shame you're doing to a silver C though perhaps any other colour. Even still, very commendable work there and i'm glad you're keeping a photo record of progress.

Carbon Black :luvlove: :luvlove:

What discs are you going to use with the calipers matey??

Keep it up this is an ace thread! :D

im using 305mm seat ibiza cupra r discs and carriers.

why are people so obsessed with silver corrados, personally i dont like silver on a corrado

this is the look im going for

its my brothers

IMG_0875-1.jpg

Keep up the good work mate! Fair play for even tackling this being as young as you are.

The best resto/build thread on here for a while... 8)

Nice progress chap, really impressive. :salute:

I noticed you've been sanding the bare metal, tell me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but if you use nitromors (put cling film over it to prevent the solvent from evaporating so quick) onto a 40grit sanded area and then use exactly (very important) the type of wire brush pictured below, the paint comes off really easy, but the main advantage is it doesn't take the galvanising off the panel which sanding does, it's also really good for getting into fiddly areas like door shuts etc. Heating up the paint (and so blistering it) with a heat gun first also makes for much faster paint removal.

Keep up the good work, this thread is good reading :D

dude respect, i thought i was one of the youngest on here with a rado when i joined at 18 lol clearly not lol awsome work, im doing an 8v 95 rado to 16v ABF at the mo i might have to come ask you for some pointers lol keep up the good work and lovin the carbon black, almost like the midnight blue LC5M colour very nice.

I noticed you've been sanding the bare metal, tell me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but if you use nitromors (put cling film over it to prevent the solvent from evaporating so quick) onto a 40grit sanded area and then use exactly (very important) the type of wire brush pictured below, the paint comes off really easy, but the main advantage is it doesn't take the galvanising off the panel which sanding does, it's also really good for getting into fiddly areas like door shuts etc. Heating up the paint (and so blistering it) with a heat gun first also makes for much faster paint removal.

if only it was that easy,

the nitromors or any other paint stripper wont go through the factory primer so the only way to get it all off is to sand it :(

bought some of those rubber strip disc for the the shell, the nitromors is just too slow, takes it a while to go through 6 paint jobs :roll:

if only it was that easy,

the nitromors or any other paint stripper wont go through the factory primer so the only way to get it all off is to sand it :(

bought some of those rubber strip disc for the the shell, the nitromors is just too slow, takes it a while to go through 6 paint jobs :roll:

Try the heat gun then chap, helps a lot, well it did for our cars anyway!

before anyone says it, i know i could have just got another wing but wheres the fun in that.

the mk2 golf bonnet that has sacrificed its self for my corrado (i like the fact that im putting vw metal back onto the car)

IMG_1352.jpg

cut the bottom off the wing

IMG_1351.jpg

cut out the shape i needed

IMG_1353.jpg

the new and the old

IMG_1354.jpg

just need to weld it on

got the wing finished

IMG_1359.jpg

got distracted because my suspension arrived. kw variant 3's

IMG_1360.jpg

fitted them to my brothers track car so he can move it while he is waiting for his suspension.

wound them right down just for the laugh. hard to get a good pic

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

I am absolutely shocked and amazed!

Hats off to you!

Your Corrado will be pretty amazing once it is done, it is looking amazing so far!

Like many others, i wish i had the room and knowledge to do some of the things you have done so far. :)

started on the shell and 5 hours later i was left with this

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

some really nice brass work

IMG_1369.jpg

waiting for the wire to cut the windows out, then i can finish off the shell.

got some engine parts (genuine of course) and the owner of the body shop came over today to have a look at the car so hopefully it will be going for paint soon.

2d8ca871-1-1.jpg

you have got some serious skills there lad!

Your vw dealer must love you! Can you do me a favour? have you got part numbers for the inlet manifold gasket and the oil filter housing gasket ( the red one in the pic)