Abdul

A comeback is looming...

They're in pretty good nick i think with decent tyres all round. When i get the car back ill let you know, oh ad yep they're rz's n yup i want to sell em, pm me an offer if u like bud.

Ok thank. I'm not worried about the tires as I'm planning to get new set anyway, but yes, please let me know once you've bought new wheels then I'll pm you and maybe work out a deal or something; there are a set of RZs on sale at the forum 'parts for sale' but they are located in Derby so too far... Cheers!

If I knew they actually did RZs with 5-stud then I wouldn't have bought the BBS Solitudes! I thought only G60 4-stud! Duh! Nevermind. :)

VRs sound great above 3500rpm don't they! Hope you get the car back soon!

Vr's do indeed sound awesome!!

If anything id like to arrange a sale for the Rz's before commiting to buy any other wheels so ill pm u as soon as i get the car back and some pics!

If anything id like to arrange a sale for the Rz's before commiting to buy any other wheels so ill pm u as soon as i get the car back and some pics!

Cool! :salute:

I normally rev mine till about 6k. I have tried it in all gears, if you liked 1st 2nd 3rd wait until you hit 6k in 4th and then change into fifth. You get upto very naughty speeds by this point :nono: :). Very nice vr you have there btw, do you know what make the ht leads are?

looks very nice mate, make sure you get some more pics up when its back from the garage? any details like mileage, work done etc? or have i missed those?

I got some anthracite TH Monos sitting around if you're interested.

Make your car look like this....

DSC00314-1.jpg

I normally rev mine till about 6k. I have tried it in all gears, if you liked 1st 2nd 3rd wait until you hit 6k in 4th and then change into fifth. You get upto very naughty speeds by this point :nono: :). Very nice vr you have there btw, do you know what make the ht leads are?

Thanks dude, they're magnecors... heres a link http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=5563

looks very nice mate, make sure you get some more pics up when its back from the garage? any details like mileage, work done etc? or have i missed those?

Mileage is at 153k, its had the rear axle bushes done about 2 years ago which was a worry for me so they should be good for a while... Its not had a full rebuild or anything of the sort but the history suggests that more or less most of the parts that can go wrong have done and been changed lol. So im happy with that.

The_dude you have a pm...

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone localish wants to knock up a speed 3 fan switch for me? Ill obviously pay u for it.

N yes before anyone decides to get funny i have read the thread and tbh it looks quite confusing so id rather not try and c*ck up somewhere!

Thanks

Abdul

Danny, your is your vr running right? :lol:

:lol: yeah its running fine - not boasting but mine is mint with low mileage and gets treated very well.......I'm just a realist about the VR's real world performance :D

Danny, your is your vr running right? :lol:

:lol: yeah its running fine - not boasting but mine is mint with low mileage and gets treated very well.......I'm just a realist about the VR's real world performance :D

Thats cool man, like u said, every vr seems to be different, before i bought mine i test drove a couple of low milers and tbh was dissapointed but then mine is admitedly a high miler (153.5k) and goes a lot better then those...

Put it to you like this, ive properly kept up with a couple of mk3 vrs and even beaten one by 2 car lenghts once in my valver :lol:

The rado is a proper ghetto car man :nuts:

LOL thanks matey, the valver wasnt bad, awesome on twistys but no grunt in the straights!! VR absolutely obliterates it tbh.

just need a turbo now and that would eat a standard VR alive :wink: :lol:

:lol: No money for that buddy. Even then, im going to be a fool and try to get a bit more power n/a. Its just my thing i guess...

How much power does yours make? 350 odd bhp? :salute:

nah, its only 320bhp on a cold day at the min, but everything is running mint and all the parts are in awesome condition at running such low boost (9psi)...

still rapid enough for me :D

nah, its only 320bhp on a cold day at the min, but everything is running mint and all the parts are in awesome condition at running such low boost (9psi)...

still rapid enough for me :D

Im sure it is man... sounds good! Will have to catch up at a show some time!!

yeah sure, what shows you go to?

Well i should be at Edition38 but ill be fasting so not sure... Ill definately be at westside and players too. Just the general 'scene' shows i guess!!

I need to bag my self a spin in a VRT, must be immense amounts of fun in a scary way!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo where to start eh...

Had the rado towed to the garage ive always used (torque exhausts) to have the crackpipe changed and an oil service and mot done. I chose only to do an oil service as the 'full' service was carried out about 3-4 months ago.

Anyway, while the crackpipe was being done the garage suggested having the thermostat done which seemed like a good plan so that was sorted. While looking around the bay they found this...

DSC00309.jpg

Bodged, taped up coolant hose so had that replaced too, car was at this point running sweet and we were all sure the mot would be easy peasy... YEAH RIGHT!

So it failed on:

Rear offside caliper (totaly seized) so new bought

Brake lines fully corroded along with hoses

Fuel leak up front somewhere

and a few other bits, ive forgotten, sorry

Some pics of the retarded pipes etc

DSC00308.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

Calipers were sorted, new brake lines made up using copper piping and fuel leak sorted. Ive got an engineers report but i left that along with the actual fail list at the garage so once i pick it up ill update properly on all the parts that were actually changed. I forgot to take pics of the new lines while the car was up on the ramps, does look quite cool though.

Anyway, bill came to £1100 which has left me in a pretty bad state to be honest but its probably my own fault for buying a car with only 3months mot... heart over head again!

Now i was on the way to the garage with a mate and i hear this crazy sounding car behind us shooting around the roundabout wth a boxter following it, yup it was my rado with the mechanic 'test' driving it . :lol: Suddenly i felt the love again for it, the way it looks on the move and the way it sounds and goes... :wink:

Anyway, drove the car home and tbh i am impressed, it does drive welll. I couldn't be arsed to wash it so i just wiped it down with some quick detailer and fitted my smoked plates and stubby aerial. Normally i wouldnt just wipe a dirty car but seeing as im going to correct the paint anyway why not :lol:

Sorry for the crappy pics, i just put it straight into the drive.

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

Crazy camber...

DSC00298.jpg

Now, the paint may look good in the above pics and tbh it is in general in terms of finish but the car is far from perfect...

The first half of the bonnet and the first few inches of the wings are chipped really badly...

DSC00299.jpg

Laquer peel on the front bumper which is the only part thats had paint since leaving VW in 94 lol. Shite colour match too..

DSC00300.jpg

The front arches also need attention tbh. Thing is, i did consider a front end spray job (not that i can afford it anymore after the mot rape) but i doubt the colour would ever match so will wait till i can get the whole car painted.

In the mean time, i think this car is going to be the ultimate test of my detailing skills (not that im great or anything lol), ive been reading up alot on detailingworld about touching up paint, wetsanding etc so will give that a go in the next few weeks.

The interior while nice is incredibly dirty so ill hopefully strip that out too sometime soon.

Thanks for reading,

Abdul

Oops, i took the badge of to paint it black, sorry about that lol.

Looking good mate, glad you've got most of the problems sorted.

Like the leather!

I know you're painting the grill badge black, but maybe you should leave it alone and get a front VR6 badge to let the world know that you're now running with the big boys! :D

Thanks fella, i like to keep it discreet, going to lose the vr6 rear badge too... the right pedal does the talking/barking for me!!! :D :D

The leathers are nice, i need to treat them though, maybe even furniture clinic em one day! I want to get all the carpets out and clean em up like Butler did with his and then run my cables for my sounds as these are all free mods lol.

well, nothing like getting your first big bill out of the way early on! :)

it is a lot, and more than you'd have paid if you'd had time to plan it (new vs 2nd hand bits etc), but thats the way it goes sometimes and they're all good jobs to have got done. free mods from now on will still keep you occupied :)

well, nothing like getting your first big bill out of the way early on! :)

it is a lot, and more than you'd have paid if you'd had time to plan it (new vs 2nd hand bits etc), but thats the way it goes sometimes and they're all good jobs to have got done. free mods from now on will still keep you occupied :)

I cant wait to get crackin on these free mods from next week on!!! Going to be fun... 8)

N yup, wat an awesome first bill LOL, if i did have more time i would have sourced some 2nd hand mk4 rear calipers for both sides etc but you live and learn right!!

Out of interest, now that my brakes are sorted i would quite like to change my fuel lines and fuel filter next as they're looking a bit 'old' now, these expensive parts? Please tell me u can stil buy the fuel lines unlike the stupid brake lines lol.

not sure about the fuel lines but i've not heard that you cant. wouldnt be expensive in the same league as the brake lines are to get some made up though.