Abdul

A comeback is looming...

we like a happy new VR owner :D

Thanks fella, where abouts in london are u based??

I'm near Oval in the centre of town. Dont mind a bit of a drive to a meet though!

we like a happy new VR owner :D

Thanks fella, where abouts in london are u based??

I'm near Oval in the centre of town. Dont mind a bit of a drive to a meet though!

Would be good... could we take all the cars for a little drive after aswell... it would be musical!!! :luvlove:

lumpy idle is normal on a VR. Stalling is prob the isv needing a bit of a lube, if its already been cleaned, plus give the throttle body a clean up. Might be worth adjusting the dashpot behind the throttle a little bit.

No nice wheel unfortunately, but i know someone whose got some nice matt black TT comps that may be for sale.....

Looks good Abdul, I knew when I took you for a quick blast in mine that it wouldn't be too long before you got your own. :)

Couldn't get used to the smoked rears on mine though so I've gone back to originals again, promised I'd give you 1st dibs if I sold so if you want them let me know. Otherwise I'll put them up for sale again in a few days.

Skills, im awfully tempted, if u still have them this time next week i might pop round to try em on if thats ok? I did decide on all reds for this but if the smokes look good ill have em!

Has, thanks for the tips ill ask the garage to do it... If not im comin round next week for sure :lol: :lol: Matt black wheels wont suit the colour me thinks so going to have to say no to those, thanks though!

Btw, fellow VR owners, at what point do u feel is best to change gears in terms of revs? I'd read that vr's dont have much more past 5.5-6k but i found that mine pulls like a mofo upto 6.5 in the first 3 gears and well i havent tested 4th and 5th yet :norty:

Btw, fellow VR owners, at what point do u feel is best to change gears in terms of revs?

when the noise from your BMC starts making the interior trim resonate ;) :D

Btw, fellow VR owners, at what point do u feel is best to change gears in terms of revs?

when the noise from your BMC starts making the interior trim resonate ;) :D

Haha, i couldnt hear any trim rattles over my open filter!

The original question doesn't apply to you though, you have shrick goodies!!! :luvlove:

A pic of me driving the car up the not so low loader earlier today...

DSC00292.jpg

Btw, how much do u guys reckon the eyebrow is worth? I have no clue as to what make it is or anything but its in good nick but idealy wants repainting... and yes the pic is upside down lool.

DSC00291.jpg

Welcome to VR ownership fella.......in answer to one of your other questions I find it more 'satisfying' :norty: to change up at around 5k rpm - anything above that in mine and it sounds a little strained and not enough extra poke to warrant the extra rpm !!

Lookin' good bud!! Shame about that crack pipe but as u say, it was goin' in anyways...

Is that actually a K&N tho? Doesn't look like one...

Are these smoked rears the ones u sold then...? Damn they looked good!! :D

Lookin' good bud!! Shame about that crack pipe but as u say, it was goin' in anyways...

Is that actually a K&N tho? Doesn't look like one...

Are these smoked rears the ones u sold then...? Damn they looked good!! :D

Yup they're the smoked rear that Skills is talkin about but i dont think they'll suit the car...

N yup its a K&N, an older one i think... Either way ill be getting rid of it soon for something bigger!

Cheers for the comments Danny, this is what im saying, mine seems to carry on hard untill 6.5k, i havent bothered to hold it for any longer. Sounds like it wants to keep going too! Im convinced its been chipped or something, god knows!

Cheers for the comments Danny, this is what im saying, mine seems to carry on hard untill 6.5k, i havent bothered to hold it for any longer. Sounds like it wants to keep going too! Im convinced its been chipped or something, god knows!

funny how the same cars can feel so different, even though they are mass produced by robots - I mean its not like we are talking about handbuilt GTR's !!

Might go some way to explaining why some car mags have differing views every now and again.

funny how the same cars can feel so different, even though they are mass produced by robots - I mean its not like we are talking about handbuilt GTR's !!

Might go some way to explaining why some car mags have differing views every now and again.[/quote:101nrjhz]

Very true, if i remember correctly, Autocar timed the Vr at 6.2 seconds for 0-60 which is a fair bit quicker than book figures!

well i know you have wanted one of these for a long time! so glad you finally got the VR mate! :)

Very true, if i remember correctly, Autocar timed the Vr at 6.2 seconds for 0-60 which is a fair bit quicker than book figures!

There is not a hope in hell myn would make it to sixty in 6.2 seconds :lol: .......although I do quote these kind of figures to unsuspecting friends :D

well i know you have wanted one of these for a long time! so glad you finally got the VR mate! :)

Thanks fella, cant wait to get it back so i can start work on it..

Danny, i think its more down to your tyres and launch abilities tbh...

Nice purchase, would like to see how it looks after a good detail. Must be gutted to have it off the road so quickly. As Hasan says get it back on the road and we organise a mini meet

Nice purchase, would like to see how it looks after a good detail. Must be gutted to have it off the road so quickly. As Hasan says get it back on the road and we organise a mini meet

Yup, i should have it back early next week. Ill try to get it detailed that weekend but i doubt ill get the chance...

I am gutted in a sense because i would like to be out driving it but at the same time i know its a common fault and i was going to drop the car off for a general check up/service/mot next week anyway. I guess i dont mind so much because i know when i get it back it'l be running as it was for the first 3hours i had it lol.

Ur about to get another pm btw...

Danny, i think its more down to your tyres and launch abilities tbh...

:lol: Quite possibly, but seriously do you think in standard form and at 15+ years old, any of our VR's could get to 60 in under a legitimate 6.5 seconds.......I doubt it !!

I dont think the VR has got enough low end grunt for it tbh even brand new out the showroom.

Still its nice to quote it.

Looks good mate, shame about the little probem you had but thats a rado for you :D

Nice one Abdul, you won't regret the decision! I suppose its a good thing you have the problem straight away, now you can get on with enjoying the car.

I'd also be up for a London mini-meet.

Nice one Abdul, you won't regret the decision! I suppose its a good thing you have the problem straight away, now you can get on with enjoying the car.

I'd also be up for a London mini-meet.

Yup thats how im looking at it, id rather it went now when it did rather then when its already been to the garage and come back!

Swompy thanks mate. 8)

Danny, your is your vr running right? :lol:

Well done mate! Hope you get all the niggling problems sorted soon!

Are those 15 BBS RZ? What conditions are they? Let me know if/when you're getting rid of them. :wink:

Well done mate! Hope you get all the niggling problems sorted soon!

Are those 15 BBS RZ? What conditions are they? Let me know if/when you're getting rid of them. :wink:

They're in pretty good nick i think with decent tyres all round. When i get the car back ill let you know, oh ad yep they're rz's n yup i want to sell em, pm me an offer if u like bud.

Thanks for the positive comments mate.

They're in pretty good nick i think with decent tyres all round. When i get the car back ill let you know, oh ad yep they're rz's n yup i want to sell em, pm me an offer if u like bud.

Ok thank. I'm not worried about the tires as I'm planning to get new set anyway, but yes, please let me know once you've bought new wheels then I'll pm you and maybe work out a deal or something; there are a set of RZs on sale at the forum 'parts for sale' but they are located in Derby so too far... Cheers!

If I knew they actually did RZs with 5-stud then I wouldn't have bought the BBS Solitudes! I thought only G60 4-stud! Duh! Nevermind. :)

VRs sound great above 3500rpm don't they! Hope you get the car back soon!