Abdul

A comeback is looming...

love the look of your car and would have thought that it would have been easy to find a new home for it..

Cheers mate, il be honest with u its only been up on sale on edition38. Im trying to prolong it as long as possible, hoping i can find a job so i can keep it. I dont want it gone. The wheels are going though as its pointless keeping 700 odd pounds worth of wheels on a car that im not goin to drive for quite a while!

If by the end of this month i dont have a new job i will put it up for sale on all the relelevant forums and autotrader and pistonheads at a very good price. :(

Abdul in which case I really hope you find a job. What are the wheels? finish the look a treat.

Abdul in which case I really hope you find a job. What are the wheels? finish the look a treat.

Wheels are Brock B1's... 16x9 et15 all round

This is what i bought to replace the rado for now till i have more money...

A mk3 tdi, painted by Stylehaus, tonnes of mods, but im sellin that too as i want a vr6 lol. You only live once eh :D

4715045920_0bc0bb136c_b.jpg

If anyones interested in either car feel free to give me a shout, i will be putting up adds for both shortly!

A mk3 tdi, painted by Stylehaus, tonnes of mods, but im sellin that too as i want a vr6 lol. You only live once eh :D

Make sure it's an Ice Grey mate! :D

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1664560.htm

I was looking at that but its been up for sale for ages so im assuming theres something wrong?

I was looking at that but its been up for sale for ages so im assuming theres something wrong?

I guess the location of the car doesn't help!

I guess the location of the car doesn't help!

LOL probably not. Ive noticed half the nice rados for sale are in bloody scotland aswell!

Thanks dude, its now on pistonheads too lol.

Right i put the car up last night for 2400 which imo is very reasonable but then when i look at VR's and their stupid depreciation I felt like mine was a bit overpriced...

So.. i dropped it to 2250 now, seem reasonable guys?

I dont think ill even sell it for anything less!

The rado got sold to Ollie with the bronze g60 earlier today!

All is not good though, unfortunately Ollie got pulled on the way home as the car came up on the police system as uninsured even though he insured it. I haven't had it insured in nearly 3 months and the system obviously wasnt updated on time despite Ollie insuring the motor.

Now the bad part... He got 3 points for one of the tyres which was really badly scrubbed due to poke and us driving to the petrol pump to fill it up while it had piss all air in it. He also has to sort the rear lights as they indicate red and what not.

Its a damn shame that this happened, really puts a downer on his new purchase as i think he was happy with the rest of the car etc. Im sure he'll comment when he gets the chance. For when he does read this, Im really really sorry pal.

Some pics before Ollie took her away...

At the petrol pump where the frickin air machine wasnt working anyway so Ollie called his mates and his muscleman buddy filled it up with a half broken foot pump...

DSC00283.jpg

And before he drove off!

DSC00284.jpg

Anyway, ill update the thread with pics of the new purchase if it all works out next week.

Thanks for reading,

Abdul

those are minor issues which he'll no doubt sort out. Cracking motor he's bought though, hope your new wheels are as nice!

Abdul sorry you had to let the car go! and feel even worse for the way it worked out for ollie! :(

unlucky for both of you!

Thanks for the comments gents... It is indeed a damn shame about the points Ollie got.

The new one will be pretty basic to begin with but it'll have a nice shell defo! I just hope it'll be as reliable as my valver was. Let me down twice in nearly two years! One top hose and one the ignition switch more recently!

I look foward to joining the VR club though... the noise :luvlove: :luvlove:

get yourself a BMC, then you'll really LOVE the noise! Just another excuse to boot it, with the windows down :wink:

get yourself a BMC, then you'll really LOVE the noise! Just another excuse to boot it, with the windows down :wink:

Come on bro, u know im more of a chav than that. It'll have to be a BIG ram air open filter for me for extra induction roar lol. The car might be -5hp but ill make up for that :lol:

Well, i picked up the VR yesterday from Worcesteshire (mind my spelling lol)...

No pics right now, just a few from the sale, will have to wait till next week for fresh ones...

Drove back through wembley and then on the A406 got stuck in stand still traffic. My temps were all perfect and then the traffic cleared so i hammered it out round the bend, next thing i knew water light was flashing so i pulled over asap. Had a good look under the bonnet once the smoke cleared and the bit of the crackpipe that connects to the U hose tore itself clean off the crackpipe!

So now, no fluid and its 9.30pm, called the AA, now despite me tellin em i need a flat bed they sent a normal tow truck at 11.30, then i had to wait again untill 1.30 for the flat bed to come...

The cars now been towed to Torque exhausts in enfield to have the pipe sorted and anything else they find and an mot too... I cracked the stupid 90mm splitter getting it up the ramps but oh well! I hate the thing anyway.

Before this drama had taken the place the car was driving really really well... I know what everyone means now about stepping up from a valver to a vr, its soo much smoother and refined but sounds the absolute dogs when u give it some...

The cars spec:

Dark burgundy pearl paint

Beige storm interior (minus doorcards)

longlife cat back exhaust

K&N induction kit

FK Konigsport coilys

You can see the eyebrow in the following pics but ive taken it off now

The pics were sent to me by the previous owner and the cars a bit dirty etc so bare with me till next week for better shots!!

P1010380c12.jpg

P1010384a12.jpg

P1000423.jpg

P1000417.jpg

P1000418.jpg

The last few owners have been members on this forum, i think it changed hands about 4 times between 2004 and 2008 which put me off but the historys really good and its in pretty decent nick. The chains dont seem noisy, pulls like a train, i mean im convinced its got more done to it but i dont know what as ive driven vr's before and tbh this is a bit quicker!

Plans:

Get the car back from garage in good working order

Sort out the paint as every arch has surface rust and the bonnet is chipped to f*ck but the rest of the body is SUPER straight, i mean the paint is gorgeous and i was struggling to find any major imperfections bar the standard corrado orange peel.

Detail it

Fit my projector lamps (will be going chrome rather than black)

Get some all red rears

Buy some wheels/install a *light* stereo set up

Drive the crap out of it.

If after all this is done i have any money left i would like to get some cams and redo all the bushes etc.

So, all in all, yup im dissapointed that the crackpipe went on me on the day i bought the car but tbh, its something that was going to go sooner or later and i planned on dropping it off at Torque exhausts next week anyway.

Did i mention how nice the drive is? :D

we like a happy new VR owner :D

Thanks fella, where abouts in london are u based??

Im very happy with the car, im actually in love!!!

welcome to vr ownership , mmmmhear that roar n feel the power :) ,oh yea exellent choice of colour by the way :)

welcome to vr ownership , mmmmhear that roar n feel the power :) ,oh yea exellent choice of colour by the way :)

Thanks dude... i just want to get it back and start driving it!!!

congrats on the purchase, come over with Zak and Dukest and we'll have a VR meet at my place... Nice cabin btw, excellent combo, dbp and cream leather. get some 17s on there and you're away.

congrats on the purchase, come over with Zak and Dukest and we'll have a VR meet at my place... Nice cabin btw, excellent combo, dbp and cream leather. get some 17s on there and you're away.

Thats pretty much the plan, need some beige doorcards too!! You got any interesting wheels stashed away that i might want to buy?? :lol:

I wanted to ask, is the idle supposed to be a little rough?? the previous owner cleaned/replaced the ISV a couple of times recently and its still idling around 600 rpm and even then is a little bit dodgy, nothing too noticable though, i just stalled it twice yesterday :lol:

Meet sounds good, was talking to Zak about buying his off him but wanted to view this first as it was my preffered colour combo. 8)