Abdul

A comeback is looming...

No worries, im sure you'll find some evil lurking around the vr lol. :eek:

HAhaha you wasnt lieing there :p :D

But its Looking good

I Like that you have painted the corrado badge black and removed the 16v badge, looks better now

She has all ways been a good one for mpg, not bad despite a remap and cams :D

Hmm I'll try Posting a vid this weekend, no stance work today as it's been raining! I might go out and run my cables for the sounds but cba now tbh...

I like the look of the tailpipes. Makes a change to see twin rounds instead of oval. Good work :)

Looks good Abdul mate, don't know if I missed it but was wondering why you were looking to replicate your old 16v when your actual old 16v is up for sale? Surely as you know your old car, that would be better to have that than a different one, unless this is in better condition or has more good stuff on it.

Lol well I already has this when that went up for sale and more or less any spare cash I have is going into a daily right noW. Plus while I want to replicate the old one to some extent I also want a few different bits to last time. I think tbh I just wanted a fresh base.... It Won't be a carbon copy but bigger and better probably best describes what I'm planning hence me buyin a daily so I can take my time and do it right.

Oh and no offence to my main man Ollie when i say this, once you've sold a car it's never really the same again... It is better now then when I had it but it's just not the same lol.

How you been mate?

I like the look of the tailpipes. Makes a change to see twin rounds instead of oval. Good work :)

Thanks dude I got bored of seein em too tbh... These will tie in with my theme once it's all done.

I must be honest when I first saw them I was like Ummm but they are growing on me. Get some better pics up tho ;)

I must be honest when I first saw them I was like Ummm but they are growing on me. Get some better pics up tho ;)

No worries dude, i didn't think anyone would like em at all so i'm doing well so far. The tips need some adjustment so ill sort that next week and get better pics up...

Righto, well the wiring was done in the car recently... Exhaust still needs adjustment as the tips are too close together and tbh i really dislike it, sounds good tough!

05032011198.jpg

Washed the car earlier today, gave the bay a quick clean...

05032011192.jpg

I also decided i'd start detailing the paint... the following shows the worst of the defects on the bonnet but the rest of the bonnet isn't much better.

04032011186.jpg

04032011182.jpg

It's better now but still needs another 2 or 3 hits and maybe more but i won't go any further then that incase of burn through!

Better pics soon, for now...

05032011187.jpg

Also, i recieved my steering wheel from Badgerman, top work and top fella THANKS!!!

23022011168.jpg

Crackle black boss

23022011167.jpg

Doorpods now wrapped in black vinyl, not the best job but meh!

16022011130.jpg

16022011129.jpg

Thanks for reading and yes i know it's 3am. lol

Edited by Abdul

that bonnet work looks really impressive. Wheel looks superb too - will make for a good driving/steering experience i'm sure.

Coming on nicely there, Abdul. Always toyed with the idea of twin tailpipes on the Rado- like it.

that bonnet work looks really impressive. Wheel looks superb too - will make for a good driving/steering experience i'm sure.

Thanks H, more pics at the bottom of this post! I need to fit the wheel, being lazy...

Looking good mate, nice and shiny :D

Cheers Jake, as above, more pics below!

Looking really good bud!

Thanks mate!

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Awesome work on the paint!

There's more...

Coming on nicely there, Abdul. Always toyed with the idea of twin tailpipes on the Rado- like it.

Cheers fella, the tips need to be spaced apart a bit further as they're a bit too close together right now for my liking, need to trim the bumper etc though, maybe next week as the backbox heatshield is now rattling so it needs sorting...

Ok more pics from my detailing session, in all fair honesty, i was very lazy with it, only gave the car one hit with Menzerna Intensive Polish (bonnet twice) and then a coat of Dodo Juice Supernatural, i will redo it properly at some point in the future when the weather fixes up but right now i can't be arsed lol. I'd say i removed approx 50% of the defects after a days work.

09032011218.jpg

09032011227.jpg

09032011229.jpg

09032011219.jpg

So, still to do, fit leathers, fit doorpods to leather doorcards, fit steering wheel, give the car another once over with intensive polish followed by final finish and then two coats of supernatural oh and dress the engine bay properly and fit my projector lights! Now to find the time.... lol

Thanks for reading...

Abdul

Edited by Abdul

Man, yours really look good. When we 'finally' have the London meet, we can compare our Ice Greys.

Well the car went up for sale and is coming straight off again, a potential buyer asked me to fit the leather interior prior to a sale and once it was done I fell for the rado's charms again lol.

I'm not going to insure/tax it after may as I don't drive it much anyway and just get as much done to it as I can before the end of summer.

Anyway, leathers are in...

27032011261.jpg

24032011249.jpg

I went to a mates house yesterday for a bit of help doing this... lol

28032011266.jpg

It took a heat gun, 2 hammers, 2 c spanners, a lot of grease and a wire brush to get them unseized fully!

Cars 1.5 inches lower at the front now so it sits more or less level, maybe slightly nose down as the height was really annoying me and then I went and added about 35-40kg of ice in the boot which didn't help lol.

Anyway, no pictures of the car as it is with its new ride height at the min, I'll get some up soon when i've cleaned it...

Thanks for reading,

Abdul

Edited by Abdul

We're going to have to call you Coullstar Jr. if you keep changing your mind this much! :)

Looks sweet dude.

Leather looks good mate :D

I did tell you that this car will fight you every step of the way, no matter how small the job. Just ask Graham :shades:

We're going to have to call you Coullstar Jr. if you keep changing your mind this much! :)

Looks sweet dude.

LOL thanks fella, more to come soon!

Leather looks good mate :D

I did tell you that this car will fight you every step of the way, no matter how small the job. Just ask Graham :shades:

You telling me, 1.5 hours to adjust each side and my right hand has about 10 different cuts from installing my new headunit (huge loom, mission to tuck it away) lol.

I just used a little Menzerna intensive polish fella, tbh, its not the greatest of finishes in the pic, check a few pages back, i did a better job on my old valver and vr.

On a seperate note, the car is 100% for sale, I've decided i'm not going lower then £1850 as it is with 6months tax.

Linky to my add...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2637676.htm

Oh and if anyone is interested my custom wheel and boss etc (can be seen a few pages back) is up for sale at £175.

Thanks,

Abdul