Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

Anyone made their own switchblade key with an OE immobiliser

well I haven't got a Clifford alarm yet, and its sunday, and I was at home all day, so no :)

so is it confirmed that the VW keys can be programmed to communicate with clifford alarms?

don't know for sure but I'm going to finally tackle this one this summer.TBH I don't see the point in having two bulky items on your keyring - switchblade with working remote buttons=ideal

from what I know it isn't a case of programming the key to the alarm, but with the Cliffords its the other way around, so you programme the alarm to understand the key.

I wouldn't think this would be possible with the elderly OEM alarm tbh.

As I said, I don't have a Clifford fitted yet, but I'll try and find out

edit: just rang my local space and he says there's no way of doing it for a new Clifford:-/

(although it was possible on older Cliffords apparently)

I think I have found the flip key solution for us lot that have the older and cooler veriety of veedubs! (I have a B3 passat by the way!)

I think that this is ok if you don't already have a remote fob.

first of all check this link out...

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... l%26sa%3DN

then buy a three button remote off ebay. I got mine for £7 inc. p+p.

then buy a boot release kit. You can get these from loads of online stores, or

alternatively, you could make your own from an original vw boot release motor off a newer vw (from scrap yard) and buy the push button and wiring from maplin. You get better quality parts by doing the second option! - then fit this on your car.

then.....buy this kit:

http://www.rclick.co.uk/remote-keyless- ... p-212.html

.....and fit it, check it works!

finally, if you want a genuine key with a quality feel.........you can fit the circuit board from the flipkey 'copy' into the 'real deal' vw key!....hey presto!

total cost: £7 for real key

£35 inc. p+p for remote central locking kit.

£15 for boot release kit

£5 for key to be cut

i hope this helps......

Holy resurrection!

Anyone figured out how to square the Clifford alarm with these fobs yet?

Just read through this thread and was wondering if any one has had any luck using a Cobra alarm and reprogramming a switchblade key fob?

sorry to be the one to bring this thred back to life but has anyone had any luck programing their clifford alarm to a flip key .

Also has anyone got any pics of how to do this very cool mod 8)

regards adam

Think you guys need to give up on the idea or 'reprogramming a flipkey unit to control your alarm.

Its not justa case of transmitting a certain frequency to communicate with an alarm. The transponders need to send the correct code via RF - correct frequencies / time gaps / coding sequences etc. Its all VERY unlikely you'll find anyone who has actually managed it for themselves and even then it'll probably be a fluke such as the makers of the OE alarm being the same as those who made the aftermarket alarm in the same year.

If you want to get it working you'll probably have to fit your aftermarket fob inside the VW casing. Itried this with a TOAD alarm. And there was no chance without making a new circuit board & relocating almost all components. Just not worth it IMHO.

Sorry to be negative but it seems that the rumours have gone on too long!

If you want to get it working you'll probably have to fit your aftermarket fob inside the VW casing.

like this linky

there are plenty of alarms availiable with small enough fobs to fit inside the vw fob but clifford, toad and scorpion remotes seem to all be a bit on the large side.