easypops

My VR6 and Storm

So, as nice as the slam panel has turned out, it appears to be off a 16v. I removed it from the VR6 breaker I have so I’m not completely to blame 🤣

No matter, I’ve got another one I can give the same treatment, plus it’ll allow me to fit some of the stainless parts I’m sure I bought a while ago

22 hours ago, easypops said:

Looks like I’m ok for the slam panel hardware 😁

0DA144C4-E1A4-444A-BCF6-7D15CA413EDF.jpeg

I bet that only half your collection 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, easypops said:

I bet you are right 😎

That's funny! MGR parts? What do you think of the quality? 

24 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

That's funny! MGR parts? What do you think of the quality? 

I’ve got mgr and oe. I’ve yet to fit the mgr, although the sizes seem the very same so I’ve no worries about fitment. I’ve got a set of their bonnet pins I’ll be fitting as well. I painted the stainless black as I’m not wanting shiny 😁

09432EE4-C0E6-4624-93DA-B19635C34D77.jpeg

I agree with you, black looks better than shinny, if they were brushed I might consider... Looks good! 

So, second attempt at the slam panel and it’s ok, not perfect but that’s ok, it won’t be a show pony 😁

8B3890F5-4DFC-4ECB-A254-16FF94138517.jpeg

C9E8BB7B-FD07-47D8-B268-F9325CE3EB09.jpeg

48FCB2A6-CFFF-43AF-9D58-F259FE96558B.jpeg

4A99481B-7D33-436C-BFB1-988A2478F668.jpeg

Nice one Martin, looks great! Bit of 1200 then 2000 grit sanding, then a good cut & polish and it'll stand up to even close scrutiny though. 👌

22 hours ago, seanl82 said:

Nice one Martin, looks great! Bit of 1200 then 2000 grit sanding, then a good cut & polish and it'll stand up to even close scrutiny though. 👌

Thanks mate, I’ll keep that in mind, I’m guessing that’ll help with the orange peel effect? Although I’m just delighted it’s red 😁

The wings are nearly ready

87BD66D4-844F-4D01-B3AA-ECCA56EC5E32.jpeg

Looking like it now. 
If you look at the first page on my thread I show the results of orange peel/shrinkage removal, but I started with 1500 and finished with 2000 for quicker buffing. It truly is amazing the finish you can get if you have applied enough clear coat. 

2 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Looking like it now. 
If you look at the first page on my thread I show the results of orange peel/shrinkage removal, but I started with 1500 and finished with 2000 for quicker buffing. It truly is amazing the finish you can get if you have applied enough clear coat. 

Thanks mate, I’ll have a look, I think I’ve got enough clear coat on, although I’m not exactly sure what the correct amount is? I’ve put on 4 coats 

I’ve found it best to leave it a few weeks if you can for it to harden off properly too. 
You should be good with 4 coats. 

28 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I’ve found it best to leave it a few weeks if you can for it to harden off properly too. 
You should be good with 4 coats. 

Knowing my usual timescale, a few weeks won’t be a problem , saying that, proper curing shouldn’t be an issue as my garage is heated, running off the house central heating........ and my missus likes the house roasting so the garage is like a hot house 

Edited by easypops

3 hours ago, easypops said:

Fitted the side markers, just to see how it will look , I’m loving it 😁

T

They look good there for sure. 

Ok, so blink and another year has slipped by, not exactly sure how that happened. Last year was a bit of a write off with some family stuff and work getting extremely busy.

I have high hopes of getting this on the road for the spring……….. although I probably said that last year and the year before, however, I had to evict it from the Garage as a long lost friend came home 🤣

73E3B99A-5910-4E39-ABC9-222D7983FA27.jpeg

EE7EF465-EEBA-4A73-89A5-8A0D1B0F1A39.jpeg

429713F3-74D9-4A47-A61F-A6C5A4F011BE.jpeg

42D1AD49-1E70-4368-9C1B-8D93C3314D6F.jpeg

Don’t tell me you’ve finally got it painted !

That’s got to be the longest paint job in history, congratulations mate 👍🏻

58 minutes ago, Nmdsec said:

Don’t tell me you’ve finally got it painted !

That’s got to be the longest paint job in history, congratulations mate 👍🏻

Ha ha, yes, finally, 5 years it was in the body shop. To be fair I did say I was in no rush and I never pushed the guys. They moved premises and it moved with them and they got really busy so it just went onto the back burner. And it was ok with me as I knew it was safe where it was 😁

I don't know either where that last year went... Days feel long, weeks pass fast and next thing you know, it's time to turn the page off the calendar... Anyways, five years! That's crazy but since you have two and it was garage safe well where's the rush!? Cheers 

This seems to be a thing now, a yearly update reporting very little 🤣

At some point last year I was ready to get it finished off, with lots of help from Goldie, we set about sorting all the small gremlins, mostly electrical, and we solved most easily………. Still to sort the horn, stupid thing when you change wheels 🤔

But then we discovered that the brake servo rod that attaches to the pedal was bent, so it had to come out, definitely not as easy with the engine and interior in……….100% my fault as I forgot to attach it to the pedal, and we bled it a couple of times so we(me) were up and down on that pedal eventually bending the thing. Lost the mojo for it at that point, fast forward a few months and it got swapped over with lots of swearing. Also changed the ignition switch, and redid the wiring orientation on the dual pole sender for the centre gauges. And that’s where it stopped, work got busy again, dark nights came in and I left it under the cover. Had a wee look recently and it was a wee bit mouldy, so I have it airing at the moment, all the wee mouldy bits cleaned up. Hoping to actually get it alive this year 🤞

Put new bits in the drivers seat as well and it feels very stable 👍

6144A399-F1DD-4854-B98D-AEAB9154A147.jpeg

0D263D11-270F-4399-B521-DF0613BD049F.jpeg

🤣🤣 I wondered where you were. Fantastic annual+ 1 day post .... I am a fan of grey leather,, even more so in the rarer Recaro form. It looks like you will be driving her very soon then 👍