easypops

My VR6 and Storm

I managed to complete my collection of original choice 15" wheels, many thanks to Goldie who collected the brands hatch alloys for me today and dropped them off too 8)

The RM's are not strictly for the Corrado's as they are 4x100 but worth a picture:)

Also got 15 bbs rz's somewhere :lol:

B4CF6BD4-A285-4E1E-BA75-E691A1BFE9F8.jpg

Madness...

There are far more wheels than just those pictured as well..

Indeed there are, but it's all good :lol:

Here you go mate

68BB94F6-EBCE-4076-8614-F98059260BC4.jpg

Nice collection

Like the Brands Hatch's :)

Me too, also liking the Monte Carlo's......I'll definitely be running one of these 2 sets as soon as I get the time to get the red VR on the road, possibly just swap between them 8)

Decided to start taking the front end off the red one this evening, wasn't long until I ran into a few rusty screws that half dissolved as soon as I showed them the screwdriver, 4 out of 6 on the fog light housings needed drilled out, 2 were missing already so someone has tried before :lol: Also the n/s fog light plug wasn't attached so that explains why it didn't work :)

I got them off eventually and surprisingly the headlight screws all came out cleanly. Got that far and I need to stop as I don't like clattering about too late at night :)

74A2DBFC-002B-4E94-9212-F0EC559010D3.jpg

8DCF1639-05D3-4DF7-B933-E22A44B9BEEE.jpg

I'm planning on taking the full front end off as I need to sort an oil leak on the oil filter housing and possibly the cooler and I want to swap both front wings at the same time......then I can get to the back :lol:

Edited by easypops

Wee oak green hiding their too I see :thumbleft:

My hoarding knows no bounds mate :lol:

Bought it as a non runner, got it going without too much fuss, then bought the Storm and it has sat there since.......I'm gonna sell it soon as I'm never gonna use it, it needs a bit of welding underneath so will be priced accordingly......and if it doesn't go, I'll do the welding and mot it and double my price :)

Quite right

I was after an Oak green mk2 last year but delighted I went for the VR instead.

Quite right

I was after an Oak green mk2 last year but delighted I went for the VR instead.

I always loved the colour and when it popped up I just bought it on a whim, everyone that comes here comments on it, so they are well liked......but I'm only really liking Corrado's and have decided there is no point kidding myself on otherwise:)

Oh, and I think you made the correct choice 8)

I'm only thru in West Lothian, I need to pop thru sometime and see your hoarde :cheers:

Anytime you like mate :)

So, back to the Storm, n/s repairs under way, a patch underneath the sill and the rotten bit at the back of sill/bottom of rear arch chopped out and replaced. Also rear window out that side. Next is tailgate glass removal then it's a final check to be sure all the rot has gone then off for paint :)

69165248-B265-45AD-9C91-7842907F71E4.jpg

7942D12D-600E-46FA-9088-D2A84683701C.jpg

And this is how the other side looks now, the welder likes the galvanising paint :lol:

34303EA2-55DF-4396-B71A-EB55D533D759.jpg

Anytime you like mate :)

I will give u a shout after my hols in August and pop through to see your collection.

How come there is a Monte Carlo lurking under there?

:lol: The very question I asked......it was just there as an extra security as ally the maniac was under the car welding, it's now safely back where it was, no worse for wear :)

She's coming along Nicely easy . I bet you are looking forward to paint .

I am mate, although it still feels like it'll never happen:lol:

I'm terrified of the thought of trying to put it all back together

Had a wee bit of time today, so dropped the fuel tank off the red VR and removed the rear bumper to check the extent of the rust round the filler cap area and the arch/bumper supports etc.

The filler cap area is fairly bad, it'll need most of the recessed bit replaced, which I'm going to cut out/fabricate/weld myself :lol: The arch has rust all round but it's not too deep, no holes, so that will get treated only. There is a small hole at the back under the badges which will need a wee welded patch.

9CA33D58-C51B-4349-B863-0A2844C5C5D9.jpg

1C3B9D27-C551-46B3-B3B7-FFF28C11DD12.jpg

AE20B944-65EE-4FD3-A3E1-D7B342368850.jpg

This picture is difficult to explain, the hole at the top is where the fuel cap lock mechanism cover is meant to attach to, it's completely rotted away so that'll need a piece welded in too :)

32BBF62C-D1AF-41E2-8ADB-50FD93B49201.jpg

Edited by easypops