Sign in to follow this  
Stevo-M

Need to beat a fiesta st150!

What would i need to do to my 2.0 16v to be quicker than my mates fez :lol: ? Here's his spec-

2.0 Duratec (150 PS) Euro IV

Power: 150PS (aprox 148bhp) at 6000rpm

Torque: 190Nm (141 lb/ft) at 4500rpm

Max Speed: 129

0-60: 7.9

Kerbweight: 1137kg

Wheels: 205/40 R17 tyres.

The 'rado weighs in at 1097kg so i have a slight edge there, but it only has 136bhp and does 0-60 in 9.3s (when new!). I have a KR cam on the way and all the ignition parts are being replaced, but what else would i need to do? My manifold has 2 small cracks in it so a 4 branch and de-cat might be on the cards in the future! Top speed isn't an issue, i don't intend on going that fast!

Cheers :D

Sell it and buy a ST220 :lol:

I think you may be struggling mate. It would still be pretty even matched in a VR6 I reckon. Then if you do make yours faster somehow, he only needs to go to Mountune and spend a few hundred quid for 185bhp :nuts:

your rado may not be quicker, but who cares? the rado looks a million times better then a fiesta.. and the world and his wife have got fiesta's.

i get much more pleasure from driving my corrado then i ever would driving a fiesta, everywhere i go the corrado turns heads, and people always stop to make conversation about it, you wouldnt get any of that from driving a fiesta...

basically tell yor mate to get a proper car!

:lol: That's true, i took my supra rocker cover to get powder coated, and when the guy came out to see it (it was in the 'rado boot) he was all over the corrado telling me how much he liked them! 8)

Reckon you'd be close with the KR cam, gas flowed head, decat/manifold etc + remap. Not cheap though! You should see 160 bhp +

Hmmm... I might read up on the gas flowed head, and ask about work to see if anyone can do it :norty:

It may be faster, but would you prefer to tell someone you have a Corrado, or a Fiesta? :D

I had a friend in exactly the same spot when I had my MR2 turbo. He had a 16v C and was asking if he could do anything to keep up with the turbo. part from shelling out some serious cash the answer was no.

But just think how much uber cooler the Corrado looks plus its a hell of alot rarer. Ive got one now while my MR2 turbo sits in a garage.

Once you have the kr cam, it should be about even i would say?

I have kr cam, stainless and a jetex panel filter and i'm making 153bhp according to stealth on my 9a...

It would still be pretty even matched in a VR6 I reckon.

No chance, my standard VR with lowered compression (so gutless!) pisses all over a fiesta ST! Not through town perhaps as they will have a revvier engine and shorter gears, but where it counts a VR is definitely quicker.

My Kr Cam'd Rado keeps up with my mates Fiesta ST with no problems at all (my 1.9 8v MKII pisses all over it which really gets onher tits). Would be interesting to actually time a KR'd 2.0 16v to 60 because I think the quoted book time is balls and they made it look a little slower to make the VR look better.

nick

No chance, my standard VR with lowered compression (so gutless!) pisses all over a fiesta ST! Not through town perhaps as they will have a revvier engine and shorter gears, but where it counts a VR is definitely quicker.

Well the one I was following was no slouch through the twisties or the straights! Perhaps he had already been chipped to 180bhp :grin: Plus dont forget they are 110kg lighter than a VR.

new cam, gasflowed head and inlet manifold (if you can afford it), decent SS exhaust with cat bypass and an up-sized throttle body should get your valver up around 170bhp without too many hassles or reliability issues...

CNC Heads state that they can get a KR 1.8 16V to over 200bhp with one of their heads and fuelling and cam modifications! clicky for details

new cam, gasflowed head and inlet manifold (if you can afford it), decent SS exhaust with cat bypass and an up-sized throttle body should get your valver up around 170bhp without too many hassles or reliability issues...

CNC Heads state that they can get a KR 1.8 16V to over 200bhp with one of their heads and fuelling and cam modifications! clicky for details

if i only i had the money spare.....

I had a friend in exactly the same spot when I had my MR2 turbo. He had a 16v C and was asking if he could do anything to keep up with the turbo. part from shelling out some serious cash the answer was no.

Ha, that was a while ago now. Ended up buying a VR and throwing a couple of grand at it...wanna race :)

In all seriousness though you should batter that Fiesta farely easyly, give yours a good service, decoke the engine, spot of injector cleaner etc. KR cam, decat, grippy front tyres (might be overkill, I'm used to the VR now) and take all the crap out your boot...job's a good'un and all for about £100-200 if you know you're way around a spanner

Well i'd be happy to let him gloat about how fast a fiesta is and then remind him that the car you are driving which gives him a near run for his money was designed over 20 years ago and still looks awsome :lol:

Well i'd be happy to let him gloat about how fast a fiesta is and then remind him that the car you are driving which gives him a near run for his money was designed over 20 years ago and still looks awsome :lol:

And hopefully still be on the road when his is in the scrapper :grin:

i have raced a couple round my way, and made them look silly, my VR has straight through exhaust and thats it... theres me going nearly 145, he must of been going 110 hahahahaha!!! wait until the rotrex is fitted to!!!!

A VR6 with 40 BHp more and 40 ish lbft torque advantage isn't really going to be bothered by a 150 bhp Fiesta is it. A stock VR6 is also well over a second quicker to 60, I wouldn't call that anything like evenly matched.

Those Fiesta STs are pretty quick to be fair.

We test drove one before settling on a Polo GTI and it felt a lot livlier at the top end than the Polo's turbo motor. But the Polo has oodles more low down torque and was ultimately the more satisfying to drive on our local roads.

The Fiesta felt quicker than it's 150hp would imply and I was surprised how torquey and smooth the top endy engine was low down.

I wouldn't fancy my chances against a tweaked one in a Standard VR6. Those Duratec engines are capable of serious power, but not cheaply, so there won't be many out there with more than 180hp.

Personally i think its the driver more than the car. ive raced my mates Fiesta ST and i was in my 1.8 16V. I was in the lead until we hit around 100mph then it was plain sailing for him upto 130 mph. (obviously i gave up at 100 and took his word he got to 130). I think if it was a different driver behind the wheel of the ST he would have showed me my ar*e

I don't really understand all this racing talk at speeds up to 130/140 mph.

In real world scenarios over a twisty B Road I'm telling you an ST150 aint slow! If you want to go drag racing then fair enough the VR is quicker but then if you just want straight line speed down the local dual carriageway a Corrado isnt exactly the right car for you to begin with... :shrug:

Just my two pence worth :grin: