Sign in to follow this  
Meth

How noisy is your C?

My C has always had a few squeaks, rattles, little clunks etc since ive owned it - its never realy bothered me until recently!

I fitted coilovers about a week ago now, and they have obviously made all of these noises more noticeable, and its starting to make me fret a little bit!

So im just wondering how noisy other peoples C's actually are? Whether mine is something i DO actually need to worry about, or whether they are all pretty much like it without spending lots of money where it doesnt realy need to be spent...

So come on :)

How noisy is your C, and does it worry / bother you?

My G60 is probably very noisy. But it's all drowned out by the induction noise and the exhaust so it doesn't bother me at all. :grin:

The VR engine is nice a quiet... but then its a recon engine with only 8k on the clock.

Though since fitting coilovers the rear boot trims/shelves etc creak alot more then they used to... same with the dash.

I have some rattles and annoying noises from some of the trim etc but nothing that I can't handle. At the end of the day it's a 14 year old car no so it won't be 100% perfect without spending a small fortune ...

Well worth a few rattles to have a car that's this good though imo... :D

Mine is quite noisy I think, if your talking about rattles and things, I'm not impressed by the ride quality (Konis and H&Rs) and the general rattling and crashing does my head in! Awful roads round here mind.

Yeah its not so much the interior rattles / creaks that bother me - its the rest of them that I dont realy like :lol:

my G60 is silent.... then again, it's not run for 2.5 years... :epicfail: :nuts:

Seriously though, I spent a long time on it making the interior rattle and creak free before she stopped running... not sure why I bothered though as the induction noise from her, and the noise from the toothed pulley system is LOUD! When I was at Curborough with it, the "sound/fun police" turned up with his sound meter and started checking peoples exhausts weren't too loud... I laughed at him 'cos it's not the exhaust out the back that's loud on my car, it's the induction and belt noise from the front! :lol: :grin:

My VR rattles all over the place, but the one I can't stand is the door pin/connector inside the card. It drives me bloody mad! But not mad enough to take off the door card and sort it out... :D

My VR rattles all over the place, but the one I can't stand is the door pin/connector inside the card. It drives me bloody mad! But not mad enough to take off the door card and sort it out... :D

100% agree, those door pins are the most annoying noise on any car ever, Fact! :lol:

Mines ok generally, just the usual squeaks and rattles

92 G60, heater/demister fan growls on the lowest setting when 1st switched on particularly when cold, electric windows rattle when fully open, also the ABS does that strange self-check at approx 5mph after starting (sounds/feels like a dodgy clutch release bearing), didnt realise what that was until reading on here about the ABS. Apart from that its fairly quiet, being standard apart from wiper/headlight/door handle mods.

Super car :clap:

Well i've just noticed creaking coming from the pedals now which is a little disconcerting! Must get that looked at!

Lots of squeaks and rattles from the interior - annoys the hell out of me, I just turn the stereo up louder, prodigy is a good one to drown out those squeaks and rattles!

Well i've just noticed creaking coming from the pedals now which is a little disconcerting! Must get that looked at!

Lots of squeaks and rattles from the interior - annoys the hell out of me, I just turn the stereo up louder, prodigy is a good one to drown out those squeaks and rattles!

Yeah, Firestarter comes to mind when discussing Raddo's :lol:

100% agree, those door pins are the most annoying noise on any car ever, Fact! :lol:

Mines ok generally, just the usual squeaks and rattles[/quote:2j4qonrl]

i dunno, my damn glove box squeaks alot :bad-words: Drives me up the wall, its like having a mouse living in there. Also out of no wear, the passenger back rest roller handle thing has started rattling a bit.... for no reason, i havent even taken it apart or anything :lol:

From a static noise perspective my car - replete with Magnex exhaust & sports cat - only measures at 82db when soundchecked at trackdays.

Curiously the predominent noise most of the time in my car until recently was the continual droning noise made by the R888 track tyres. I've just changed the fronts for a pair Toyo T1R and already the lack of whine is quite noticeable. I'll be swapping the backs out within the next month.

Aside from that there's a loose cable in the driver's door which knocks occasionally but aside from that I have no squeaks or rattles anywhere, which is reassuring in a 16 year old car which has been substantially pulled apart & back together at least three times that I'm aware of. Good old German build quality!

Nothing to noticeable really, theyre usually intermittent too like the sunroof. Although the rear n/s suspension has been making sort of a knocking sound that I could only describe as a ' clack ' when driven over bumps :confused4: etc which Im sure isnt good and probably needs investigating

Yeah, mine's still pretty noisy,even after I spent a good few months on a rattle-hunt with a roll of stick-back felt!

Plus, my boot works it's way loose over time and rattles when going over bumps.

My main bugbear at the moment is rattly door pins, very annoying! But going to sort them with some electrical tape at the weekend :)

The windows rattle a bit when fully wound up and there are various interior creaks and groans at the back but all very minor.

It's only noticeable at low speed.

Centre console extension of dashboard squeeks after some time, other than that silence, even the supercharger, engine, and Milltek exhaust are all very subdued inside, due to more sound padding on US cars than on EU/UK cars. Almost a shame, but then again, it's made my C my preferred car in my fleet for relaxed cruising to get rid of stress :D

Tempest

relaxed cruising to get rid of stress :D

See I find the louder a car is the more it relieves stress. I don't think my G60 has any effective sound padding. It literally sounds like the exhaust, engine and charger are in the car with you! :D Which is awesome when you wind it up on a slip road. :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove:

When mine is a complete car not missing 1/3 of it's dash i'll report noises... Is it just me or do you all think corrado's control the weather?? Do they know that you can't put an under dash tray in without most of you hanging out of the door getting piss wet through!

I think Corrados definitely have some sort of weather influencing powers. Every time I park my Corrado out of the garage it rains! :bad-words: Which is bad because it leaks....

It''s like that random tv show when i was a kid... Brum. I swear corrado's go off on adventures but instead of ringing back a random thing in the back seat it just brings back a fault! lol.

It''s like that random tv show when i was a kid... Brum. I swear corrado's go off on adventures but instead of ringing back a random think in the back seat it just brings back a fault! lol.

Sounds about right. Got in the car tonight to go to the gfs and theres now a constant squeak from the rear not just over bad bumps. Turns out its the stealth shelf - the pegs that latch onto the boot shelves squeak. It did only do this when you opened the boot. grrrr another job on the list.