Sign in to follow this  
Stevo-M

Has your 'rado been mistaken for anything?

My de-badged mk3 supra has been called a few things from an MR2 to a Ferrari, I've even been told it's not a supra! :lol:

Anyway what's your Corrado been called? I usually get " a corrando.. what's that?" to which i can only reply with "It's a..... car... :shrug: "

It was mistaken for a reliable car once. And then there was the laughable day when someone said "they're quite cheap to run those old VWs"..

its always ahhhh i love your scriocco.......

but a had a chap tell me my car was one of those NEW scriocco's haha i just laughed and said go get a brochoure lol

liam

I spent 20 minutes chatting to a guy at a pub staring directly at my the back end of my car saying how nice my scirocco was. I corrected him about 10 times but he still didn't tag on :lol:

As my Corrado is a left hander a guy once said to me is that what the Germans got instead of a Scirroco :lol: :lol:

I've had the Scirrocco one a few times, more worringly when asked my a girl what car I drive and replying Corrado she says oh I know the ones, they look a bit like a 3 series compact :gag:

Not quite the same, but I once got approached by a girl outside Tesco's, saying how nice the car was, and asking what it was. I replied with the usual 'its a Corrado', expecting a blank stare in reply, but she said 'no no, what is it? A VR, G60, what?' I was gobsmacked! I then had to say it was just a 2.0 8V, to which she replied 'oh well, at least it'll be economical' :lol: Wish I'd got her number but having the (ex) missus sat next to me wasn't conducive :(

Its also been called a Scirocco on a number of occasions, and also a Rover Tomcat which was swiftly corrected :brickwall:

ive had the scirocco one a few times but what made me laugh was a young school kid pull his mum back and say look mum its one of those collarado,s :lol:

When I lived in Stowmarket my next door neighbor asked me if my old G60 was a Scorpio. I said that I couldn't even begin to tell him how wrong he was! :lol:

I think we all get Scirocco. Scirrado is one I've had more than once though. :roll:

Mine hasn't got a badge on it anywhere so I get alsorts. Blokes where I used to work thought it was some sort of old Porsche and the fella that the car wash said nice calibra :mad2:. Had the Scirocco one a few times aswell

Mine hasn't got a badge on it anywhere so I get alsorts. Blokes where I used to work thought it was some sort of old Porsche and the fella that the car wash said nice calibra :mad2:. Had the Scirocco one a few times aswell

calibra?

fighting talk. :mad2:

I was down my alotment one (dont laugh) when I shouted over to a women (she was about 50) and asked her to move her car so I could get by, and to my ammacement she shouted back "ok you wouldn't want to get your corrado dirty" :o I was shocked. Then she said I love the vr6 engine I used to have a golf. I was well shocked lol.

Haha! Funny thread this one! Ive had it mistaken for a Scirocco before, my stepdad calls it the ' CORRODO ' kind of ironic seeing as it doesnt corrode at all, and mum calls it the ' CORRADA '

Got pulled over once for police looking for a Scirocco. Worst was someone saying, "What's that? a Fiat?" :| :| :|

Not quite the same, but I once got approached by a girl outside Tesco's, saying how nice the car was, and asking what it was. I replied with the usual 'its a Corrado', expecting a blank stare in reply, but she said 'no no, what is it? A VR, G60, what?' I was gobsmacked! I then had to say it was just a 2.0 8V, to which she replied 'oh well, at least it'll be economical' :lol: Wish I'd got her number but having the (ex) missus sat next to me wasn't conducive :(

Its also been called a Scirocco on a number of occasions, and also a Rover Tomcat which was swiftly corrected :brickwall:

That sounds like a girl to take home to mother :grin: shame it slipped throught your hands :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My old boss said it sort of looks like the old vectra :confused4: :cuckoo: :brickwall: :epicfail:

Guy at work who insists on calling it a Scirocco... Even after 4 years of me telling him it is a Corrado... To which he simply replies "Same thing"...Sigh....

My wife reckons it just looks like an old Golf .... And then insists on calling it my rust bucket!!! :bad-words:

If it weren't for the kids....

Ive had all sorts. Ive had the police rekon its a corrada and a corrundo, Scirocco a few times and a fair few people say its a Golf :cuckoo:

I've had the Scirrocco one a few times, more worringly when asked my a girl what car I drive and replying Corrado she says oh I know the ones, they look a bit like a 3 series compact :gag:

3 series compact is a vile little car, how very dare she!!

i got a wats that looks like a f ing supercar from a chav the other day and the normal rocco comments

the best one i ever had was "hey that's the car from the back to the future isn't it?"..... errrrr no it's not a DeLorean :nuts: