g0ldf1ng3r

g0ldf1ng3r's VR6

8 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

morning cressa

thanks m8 - can i disconnect the vac line with the white unit in situ?

Yes mate, give it a gentle wiggle whilst pulling 😂😂 I sprayed some WD40 in the pipe to help mine go back on

( all of that sounded wrong )

31 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Yes mate, give it a gentle wiggle whilst pulling 😂😂 I sprayed some WD40 in the pipe to help mine go back on

( all of that sounded wrong )

ha ha ha love it m8!! LOL

tidy thanks, will get some time on it over the weekend hopefully

appreciate your help

hi all

can anyone help with figuring out if a wheel would fit & if spacers would be needed pls

wheel spec is 16" , 6.5J, ET49

im on coilovers so can adjust height as needed, its just the offset im unsure of

3 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

hi all

can anyone help with figuring out if a wheel would fit & if spacers would be needed pls

im on coilovers so can adjust height as needed, its just the offset im unsure of

will they fit seems to imply they will be ok, just sit inwards a touch - 6mm i think

From my understanding ...... A standard speedline is ET43, so Et49 is 6mm further from the centre of the wheel to its mounting plate . But is that positive offset or negative... I hate wheels..

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

From my understanding ...... A standard speedline is ET43, so Et49 is 6mm further from the centre of the wheel to its mounting plate . But is that positive offset or negative... I hate wheels..

The bigger the et the more it’s sits into the arch. The smaller the number the more the wheel pushes out of the arch.

That why wheels with big lips/dishes generally have a low offset and rub your arch’s 

23 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

The bigger the et the more it’s sits into the arch. The smaller the number the more the wheel pushes out of the arch.

That why wheels with big lips/dishes generally have a low offset and rub your arch’s 

thanks shaun, 1st time someone has explained that so it makes sense lol

hmmm, now should i load the credit card up or not

On 9/12/2020 at 11:23 AM, g0ldf1ng3r said:

hi all

If these are what you are going for I would allow for 5-6mm spacers and longer bolts. 
as the wheels are the same size ( 6.5” wide) as standard speedlines but bigger et they will sit 6mm further in and may catch your coil overs, it will look funny even if they bolt on without catching anything on think. 
My 17” BBS have spacers to punch them out a bit. 

I was going to add rim width makes a difference too, a rim with the same offset  but 2 inches wider would poke out an inch further out and an inch closer to the strut, nothing is straight forward....

3 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

If these are what you are going for I would allow for 5-6mm spacers and longer bolts. 
as the wheels are the same size ( 6.5” wide) as standard speedlines but bigger et they will sit 6mm further in and may catch your coil overs, it will look funny even if they bolt on without catching anything on think. 
My 17” BBS have spacers to punch them out a bit. 

thanks, i thought that might be the case - i already run 10mm spacers on the front so as the speedlines clear my 4 pot brakes

the center bore is listed as 56mm but i think ours are 57.1 - im guessing a hub-centric spacer could give me the clearance whilst addressing the center bore difference too

out of interest how do you find running 17's?  i was under the impression 16's are better for ride quality

4 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

thanks, i thought that might be the case - i already run 10mm spacers on the front so as the speedlines clear my 4 pot brakes

the center bore is listed as 56mm but i think ours are 57.1 - im guessing a hub-centric spacer could give me the clearance whilst addressing the center bore difference too

out of interest how do you find running 17's?  i was under the impression 16's are better for ride quality

I doubt you’ll get 10mm to fit as the boss on the rear disk is 18 - 20mm or so. 56mm will bind before the wheel meets the spacer?

8 hours ago, Dox said:

I doubt you’ll get 10mm to fit as the boss on the rear disk is 18 - 20mm or so. 56mm will bind before the wheel meets the spacer?

You could get a spacer bored to 56mm and 57.1  I’ll get a photo later of my spacers on the 17’s. 
17’s offer a lot more grip but aren’t very speed bump friendly 

I think it would be cheaper to get the wheels machined to 57.1. 
My wheels came from rimstyle and they sorted the machine work and spacers. The wheels and spacers were machined so the centre bore spacer fits the Corrado disc boss as I think they had a bigger bore Than 57.1934DD4C9-6A9B-4833-87A5-1A9D51D1654E.thumb.jpeg.3117bcdce4016b4cb80078f41ff9ebff.jpeg8CF85CD4-7A5E-4247-835D-E70C440C4824.thumb.jpeg.45ff850fa9bcd8b5c4a43836efbf3e8a.jpegBF6C3418-FE1D-4911-ABC8-289F151D5DBB.thumb.jpeg.c1b32133a17187cf96ee4997e319fb20.jpeg95B0B197-7218-4A45-A9AA-E5E9C29D8FAF.thumb.jpeg.bd48f682c4cc5af573bbb38a27ccb96f.jpeg39A1E24C-174D-4EDD-AB34-7EAEF1B15084.thumb.jpeg.6247fce310f56662b974b75d19977105.jpeg

just seen these wheel replies thanks guys

the ones i was looking at something doesnt feel right so ive sacked it off for now

small update

the fog lenses that were given to me from the chap i brought the VR6 off all those years ago gave me a box with new fog lenses in there - sadly, when the paint shop came to fit them they are not right as they are not tapered

so, cracked fogs are detracting from my lovely fresh paint 😞

but i saw these on FB this morning & the poster gave me the link for them - i thought id share with here as ive just ordered some Hella covers 😄

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/807159510/vw-corrado-vr6-g60-16v-8v-hella-fog-lamp?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=vw+corrado+vr6+hella&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

Was there not a guy from Germany selling copies of the lenses? Used to post on forum before it went paid - they’ll show up on eBay.de

Think the username was sprinter?

17 hours ago, Cressa said:

I got these clear ones earlier this year. Happy with them. 😊

20200708_201843.jpg

as in the lenses themselves cressa?

where from pls?

Just lens covers mate, to protect them. I can have a look to see where from if you want

6 minutes ago, Cressa said:

Just lens covers mate, to protect them. I can have a look to see where from if you want

ahh ok, thanks m8

appreciate the offer but no need as ive ordered some of the black with white lettering ones from the guy on etsy

had a look at ebay.de for corrado parts & jesus momma the sellers must be smoking crack or something with the prices they are asking - talk about taking the piss with enormous price tags eg 479 euro for both fogs in housing = absolute joke!!

ahh ok, thanks m8
appreciate the offer but no need as ive ordered some of the black with white lettering ones from the guy on etsy
had a look at ebay.de for corrado parts & jesus momma the sellers must be smoking crack or something with the prices they are asking - talk about taking the piss with enormous price tags eg 479 euro for both fogs in housing = absolute joke!!

Agreed. ^this.

But I think you can get the glass on its own, and the complete unit wasn’t cheap when it was available from VAG.

The late fogs are an absolute pain, as they will all crack, and there’s no perfect solution. Replacing the lenses involves a lot of labour as you need to break the glass, clean and seal etc. Also watch out as a lot of the replacements will only work with LEDs, not halogen bulbs, due to the heat.

Classics should really get these remade.

7 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Agreed. ^this.

But I think you can get the glass on its own, and the complete unit wasn’t cheap when it was available from VAG.

The late fogs are an absolute pain, as they will all crack, and there’s no perfect solution. Replacing the lenses involves a lot of labour as you need to break the glass, clean and seal etc. Also watch out as a lot of the replacements will only work with LEDs, not halogen bulbs, due to the heat.

Classics should really get these remade.

i was looking for lenses only, they show some but 239 euro is unacceptable https://www.ebay.de/itm/VW-Corrado-Nebelscheinwerfer-Blinker-US-beige-fog-light-535947699B-535941700B/163475078383?hash=item260fdfbcef:g:O1AAAOSw0eNdSEp5

if i put new lenses in i would never use the fogs themselves so as to avoid heat cracking but for now i will just cover them over

hmmmm i wonder if i could gently grind a chamfer onto the hella lenses that the guy gave me when i brought the VR6 - gotta be worth a go as they are just going to sit there otherwise

does anyone know, or can find out, if ETKA or similar show the fog lense dimensions?

quick update - will get some pics soon

but my god why had i not fitted lupo wipers before now - what a difference!

also had to install some blade located washer jets as didnt want to cut the carbon fiber bonnet & they wash great as they move with the wipers & cover the entire screen

highly recommended!!

On 10/3/2020 at 10:26 AM, g0ldf1ng3r said:

as in the lenses themselves cressa?

where from pls?

i really must get a pic of the VR6 front end with the Hella covers on, they make it look great

Sounds great, I’ve had lupo wipers for years but I like the sound of the washers on the blades, my Citreon(Learner Car) has them and I like it a lot, definitely interested to see what you’ve done 😁👍