Sign in to follow this  
jaded2882

Where the **** is my charger!?

Sent my charger to g-werks on 8th June with next day delivery... It's now 25th and it's still not back.

They got a bit held up porting it but I paid them last Friday and it was apparently sent back on Monday so I'm starting to get a little bit concerned... I've kept ringing G-werks and they have said they will chase it up but the tracking number they have isn't working :shock: I'm not having a go at G-werks, I'm sure there was a good reason why it took a while to get the work done and I know how good their rep is, but I just wish they'de give me some info from the courier- who seems to be taking the p**s... at least 4 days so far for a 'next day' delivery service is crap!

More worryingly it might have been lost. I'm sure it's insured but how long will it take to get another one into my car?! Anyway I just felt like a rant as it's my daily and it's been out of action for nearly 3 weeks now, and I'm supposed to be going to cornwall tomorrow :mad2:

It might sound obvious mate, but have you rung G-Werks and asked them/complained? A freshly rebuilt charger is worth a fair few quid so I can understand the panic.

That's a real sh!tter buddy! :( If you were having it ported it does take a lot longer than a standard rebuild as you are obviously aware.

There's defo something up with the courier here. Especially if the tracking number isn't working. Do you know which courier G-Werks used?

Ye I've rung them everyday but not getting much out of them.. To be fair I don't think they are getting much out of the courier but I'd like to be kept informed. they did promise to ring me back tonight but it's 5.30 now and still nothing. I think it was Parcel Force but can't be sure. I've had bad experience with them before but not usually so costly or important as this :bad-words:

I would try and find out exactly which courier it is and get on to them myself.

I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling dude. :( Hope you get it back soon.

If the guys at G-Werks sent the item by courier, they should be able to provide you with a tracking number so that you could trace the package?

If the guys at G-Werks sent the item by courier, they should be able to provide you with a tracking number so that you could trace the package?

the tracking number they have isn't working :shock:

Definitely find out who they used to courier, and contact them directly yourself mate. I hope for your sake it's insured. :gag:

I'd be panicking too.

Sent my charger to g-werks on 8th June with next day delivery... It's now 25th and it's still not back.

They got a bit held up porting it but I paid them last Friday and it was apparently sent back on Monday so I'm starting to get a little bit concerned... I've kept ringing G-werks and they have said they will chase it up but the tracking number they have isn't working :shock: I'm not having a go at G-werks, I'm sure there was a good reason why it took a while to get the work done and I know how good their rep is, but I just wish they'de give me some info from the courier- who seems to be taking the p**s... at least 4 days so far for a 'next day' delivery service is crap!

More worryingly it might have been lost. I'm sure it's insured but how long will it take to get another one into my car?! Anyway I just felt like a rant as it's my daily and it's been out of action for nearly 3 weeks now, and I'm supposed to be going to cornwall tomorrow :mad2:

Matt,

First of all let me sincerely apologise for not calling you back this evening. I got caught up with a job at work and completely forgot and by the time I remembered I was on my way home and didnt have your number.

I managed to finally get some sort of response from the courier. We sent out 2 parcels that day including another charger for another customer and neither have been delivered. It seems its been a mix up between our depot and local driver. The local driver was sacked in the middle of this and I believe this has caused some sort of issue with the sorting at the depot. Long story short both boxes are being returned to us tomorrow for inspection to make sure they are not damaged etc and as long as everything is OK we shall ship them both out again straight away.

Once we are happy the boxes are OK to leave I will give you a call with the tracking number so you know exactly where the parcel is.

Once again, sorry for not getting back to you. Hopefully this will all be sorted tomorrow.

Rob

Matt,

First of all let me sincerely apologise for not calling you back this evening. I got caught up with a job at work and completely forgot and by the time I remembered I was on my way home and didnt have your number.

I managed to finally get some sort of response from the courier. We sent out 2 parcels that day including another charger for another customer and neither have been delivered. It seems its been a mix up between our depot and local driver. The local driver was sacked in the middle of this and I believe this has caused some sort of issue with the sorting at the depot. Long story short both boxes are being returned to us tomorrow for inspection to make sure they are not damaged etc and as long as everything is OK we shall ship them both out again straight away.

Once we are happy the boxes are OK to leave I will give you a call with the tracking number so you know exactly where the parcel is.

Once again, sorry for not getting back to you. Hopefully this will all be sorted tomorrow.

Rob

It's OK, I know how easy it is to forget when you're trying to juggle a load of stuff! Sounds like a total balls up by the courier, I hope you pass on some :bad-words: from me! Oh well, I'm relieved it's not lost anyway! Cheers for the reply

By the way, I did put this in 'General car chat' originally, as I didn't want it to seem like I was moaning about G-Werks, you guys have always been helpful when I've rung (and the day you worked on my C from 8am-7pm cos of all the rounded off nuts :lol: ) I think it got moved?

Hello there, I dont have the chance to get on here to much these days but have just been alerted of this post! I was not aware of this situation until this evening with the courier company.

I can assure you that i will be calling the company first thing and giving them a peice of my mind even though i now understand the 2 units will be back with us tomorrow. I will personally open the box and make sure everything is in perfect order before re sending it.

If you would like me to arrange special delivery with royal mail for a saturday delivery please let me know tomorrow and i will make sure this happens for you.

Again as Rob mentioned above i apoligise for any delays you have incurred but unfortunatly short of us hand delivering these things can sometimes happen.

Darren G-Werks

Hi Darren, thanks for the reply. Don't worry about fast delivery now as I will be away from tomorrow- I'm getting train to Cardiff and borrowing my gf's car, so no big problem. It may even work out cheaper now fuel is over £1 per l again!

Anytime next week would be OK- remember the return name/address isn't mine, as the car is at my mates place in Shrewsbury. I've told her to expect it during the week and she will pick it up from the depot if she misses it.

I understand these things happen and it was out of your hands. It was just a grumbly post about me not being able to use my car, I didn't expect it to end up in the suppliers forum with a reply from 2 guys from G-werks! :lol:

Anyway, thanks again for sorting it,

Matt

Hello there, I dont have the chance to get on here to much these days but have just been alerted of this post! I was not aware of this situation until this evening with the courier company.

I can assure you that i will be calling the company first thing and giving them a peice of my mind even though i now understand the 2 units will be back with us tomorrow. I will personally open the box and make sure everything is in perfect order before re sending it.

If you would like me to arrange special delivery with royal mail for a saturday delivery please let me know tomorrow and i will make sure this happens for you.

Again as Rob mentioned above i apoligise for any delays you have incurred but unfortunatly short of us hand delivering these things can sometimes happen.

Darren G-Werks

why the hell do you use royal mail ?????????????????????????????????????????????

im in the courier industry and i could help you out with some great rates for courier next day fully trackable service to the uk and rest of the world

pm me if you want more details

kel

Darren G-Werks

why the hell do you use royal mail ?????????????????????????????????????????????

im in the courier industry and i could help you out with some great rates for courier next day fully trackable service to the uk and rest of the world

pm me if you want more details

kel

Any chance you can deal with the Isle of Man?? Always trying to find ways of getting bigger items over here and back to the UK as well.

I love the term "great rates". It's the current legally acceptable way of saying "we think our prices are competitive", without actually making any claim about whether they're better than anyone else's prices ..

Nowt wrong with using Royal Mail. We've paid for their existence for so long from taxes in this country that we should support them where possible. They have been shafted by the government - currently they are the only end-to-end delivery service in the country and must deliver all the unprofitable postcards and letters, but they're not allowed to compete fairly on the profitable industrial bulk-shipping contracts. Seems unfair? Yep, no wonder they're in immense amounts of trouble. Once again the partial privatisation just means that a bunch of private courier firms can cream off all the profitable business and leave the taxpayer funding an organisation that does the hard stuff.

Sorry, bit OT ...

Weren't you on that show, Grumpy Old Men? I think you and Kev would go down a storm on there!

I do agree though, personally I think the RM service is pretty fantastic considering. I think I've maybe had one thing at the most go missing in the past decade (and even then I could be mistaken).

Nowt wrong with using Royal Mail. We've paid for their existence for so long from taxes in this country that we should support them where possible. They have been shafted by the government - currently they are the only end-to-end delivery service in the country and must deliver all the unprofitable postcards and letters, but they're not allowed to compete fairly on the profitable industrial bulk-shipping contracts. Seems unfair? Yep, no wonder they're in immense amounts of trouble. Once again the partial privatisation just means that a bunch of private courier firms can cream off all the profitable business and leave the taxpayer funding an organisation that does the hard stuff.

ok ok next time royal mail looses an important letter or supercharger dont post on here its gone missing !! :D

im mearly offering an alternitive service which i beleve to be far more reliable .

Any chance you can deal with the Isle of Man?? Always trying to find ways of getting bigger items over here and back to the UK as well.

no probs can go anyware in the world

just pm me

kel

We dont use royal mail unless it for saturday delivery's as there special delivery (saturday) is more reliable than the couriers we use.. For the record we use APC couriers and until this week have been faultless...

Darren

PS the chargers now back with me and i will be checking it through in the next hour!

Nowt wrong with using Royal Mail....

ok ok next time royal mail looses an important letter or supercharger dont post on here its gone missing !! :D

Wasn't me guvnor. Never had anything go missing with Royal Mail. Or anyone else, for that matter.

im mearly offering an alternitive service which i beleve to be far more reliable .

Not that you're biased.. ;) :)