Sign in to follow this  
Dr Forinor

GTR Test drive [Now with pics on page 8]

Uuurrggh, just seen that image of mouldy teeth above :pukeright:

How / why do people let their mouthes resemble stone henge like that? :cuckoo:

Used to work with a guy who never cleaned his teeth and the green mould around his gums was utterly rank, as was his breath, but he was completely oblivious to it!

Anyway, congrats on the GTR, I bet you can't wait. I was looking at the specs of GTRs trying to work out why they're so quick, because 500hp is relatively average these days and it's a heavy car, but it's because it makes something like 90% of it's peak torque at 2500rpm and holds it to at least 6K, that's fruitin impressive :notworthy:

Cheers Kev! :D Honestly, I've started to dream about the damned thing now its getting to me that much haha!

It's a pity you live so far away... :tongue:

I was looking at the specs of GTRs trying to work out why they're so quick, because 500hp is relatively average these days and it's a heavy car, but it's because it makes something like 90% of it's peak torque at 2500rpm and holds it to at least 6K, that's fruitin impressive :notworthy:

Yeah 500lb ft at that! :grin: Bet it feels awesome.

My camera is f00ked, so will have to get a friend to take em for me, therefore can't promise prompt pictures, but will definitely try! :)

Pics going to be on here before the end of the 25th i'd hope? :D

Tomorrow, I get it tomorrow, TOMORROW I TELLS YEE!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can you tell I'm excited about it? :lol:

Awesome. Very envious. Can only hope you happen to drive down this one day and I can blag a cheeky passenger ride :)

I think there rubbish jap boxes...... oh and I'm not jealous at all :p......MUCH !!

Look forward to pics mate :)

Yeah you'll get bored of it in no time mate then you will have the burning desire to give the GTR to a fellow corrado owner for free lol. Hope the cars everything you expect mate a piece of genius that car is love it

Yeah you'll get bored of it in no time mate then you will have the burning desire to give the GTR to a fellow corrado owner for free lol

Haha, you volunteering? :tongue:

I'm getting proper agitated, seriously, I've waited over 2 years and these last 24 hours or so are the hours that are seeming to drag on!!

have a few beers, that will pass the time later! i would probly save the money for petrol and cleaning stuff though :)

have a few beers, that will pass the time later! i would probly save the money for petrol and cleaning stuff though :)

Hehe, petrol and insurance. Insurance costing me £2k :censored: I do have 9 points on my license though :lol:

Good luck with the collection. 9 points and you're getting a GTR. The only GTR in the UK that will go no more than the advertised speed limit :lol: :lol: :lol:.............................yeh right :norty:

Good luck with the collection. 9 points and you're getting a GTR. The only GTR in the UK that will go no more than the advertised speed limit :lol: :lol: :lol:.............................yeh right :norty:

No comment! :norty: :twisted:

Here is me at everyman driving, its a awesome car for the money and the gearbox is immense you dont loose any forward momentum.

Easy tiger! looked like you almost jizzed yerself! looked like fun tho!

My mate picked his GTR up last week - Black Edition. It is an awesome car and he's dead chuffed but said it is nigh on impossible to park - it's huge and the rear visibility is terrible! He lives in and works in a city centre...a Lambo would have been more practical! I know that these cars aren't bought for they're practicality but be careful not to curb it!

On that note, he also took it into a multi-storey (pillock) and got stuck - he now has an offside front alloy which needs replacing as the only way he could get it out was to scrape it out!! DOH!

Full set of tyres £1800. Full brake service required at 20,000 and approx. cost of £3000 he thinks. I don't think he quite foresaw the running costs! I just hope you're doing more private than he is - he's a GDP too!!

a dentist at my local surgery has one as well... maybe theres a dentist only incentive!

I know about the running costs, which are not good, and yeh, parking it is a proper b!tch. Thats why I went for the rear parking sensors hehehe.

It's not gonna be my main car, the Corrado's for that so I'm hoping the running costs wont hit me too hard, guess we'll find out soon enough eh.

Yeh I went for the Black Edition aswell :D

give it a machine polish because it will need one! seen loads of these swirled to hell brand new, but they come up MINT!!!!!!!!

look forward to some pics, i dont get bored of looking at them

give it a machine polish because it will need one! seen loads of these swirled to hell brand new, but they come up MINT!!!!!!!!

look forward to some pics, i dont get bored of looking at them

Haha, I'm trying to limit my costs (says he who buys a GTR :cuckoo: ) and here's you adding stuff to the list! :tongue: