big ben

Big Ben's VRT

That sucks man, but like The_Dude said could have been alot worse, might have gone straight through the front grill and destroyed you rad or god knows what els :(

yeah was lucky i suppose, was aimed at the mrs' head :lol:

Autoglass are coming out Monday, going to have a day off work and watch their every move

yeah was lucky i suppose, was aimed at the mrs' head :lol:

Autoglass are coming out Monday, going to have a day off work and watch their every move

That's a good plan, given the difficulty of doing the Corrado screens!

well autoglass are coming to me?? should i take it to them then??

and can anyone suggest things that i should look for or point out when they are fitting it??

the decent screens will have the two side trims already attached and new outer seal.the screen removal is done normaly so should have no problems,its getting the trim seal around the window in correct and taping the glass up while the bond sets,also once he cuts 3/4 of the screen out the lower part is cut with a blade,this sometimes can cut the seal on the dash,you will never know its there untill the screen is out.

No reason why this isn't a road side job. It's just stuck in with urethane glue like most other screens. My mate's Focus with it's heated front screen was done in the work car park :D

I would arm yourself with some lower screen panels though (and clips) as they usually always break. That's a not a screen fitter issue, but rather a weakness on VW's part.

Other than that, there is absolutley no reason why a fitter should f'ck it up. For some reason the Corrado windscreen has a reputation for being a pig to change, but that's not the case. It's just that a few people have had a bad job done, but that applies to any trade.

If your going to get it done anywhere I get it done in the car park of a good bodyshop / coachworks - seriously!

That way if there are any problems with the paint underneath it can be dealt with right there before the new screen is put in.

thanks for the replies guys!!!! :salute:

the decent screens will have the two side trims already attached and new outer seal

ok cheers, i might ring them and ask about my screen before hand then

I would arm yourself with some lower screen panels though (and clips) as they usually always break

what do you mean by the lower screen panels kev?? should i get these bits from VW then ready for when autoglass come??

If your going to get it done anywhere I get it done in the car park of a good bodyshop / coachworks - seriously!

in a ideal world i would, but its a bit too much hassle so im going to risk it, if the guy does anything wrong he or someone will be coming back anyway so will see how i get on.

what do you mean by the lower screen panels kev?? should i get these bits from VW then ready for when autoglass come??

Yeah I would!

The bits I mean are the plastic panels under the wiper arms. There's 3 of them along the bottom of the screen and they're held down with clips onto the scuttle panel. The fitters lever them off but 8 times in 10, the part of the panel that holds the clip, snaps off! Usually they're stuck down again with silicon or urethane glue, so not the end of the world, but it's nice to have them as VW intended!

thanks kev!! just sent a email to my local garage who are pretty good, hopefully can sort some out in time. Been meaning to order some roof mouldings and other bits so can get it all in one hit...

Yep, 12, 13 and 11!

And the clips, 14, 14a, 15 and 16!

If you can still get them I bet they are going to cost about £200 :lol:

Thanks again Kev!!

for those of you that might be interested here are the prices from the stealers for above...

No11 £23.70 2 day order

No12 £23.70 2 day order

No13 £40.17 2 day order

No14 £0.51each qty 10 2 day order

No.14a £0.25each qty 10 2 day order

No15 £0.61each qty 8 2 day order

she hasnt sent me the price for 16 so will just order 8 as i take it i will be needing them clip bits to. So the price for it keeps going up and up, they better do it good!!

edit: No16 is obselete :(

expensive hobby windscreen replacement !! :D

pain in the rear, money could be spent elsewhere but oh well, hopefully wont be putting in another...

oh boolax, i need mine replacing as well :(

not good is it, Hopefully mine all comes out nice so i have spare bits, even though i think its not the orginal screen as the seal at the top pops out way too easy...

just thought i would share some pics of a incident i had yesterday...

i was parked up in a retail park (across 2 spaces as usual so people dont touch my car) and came out to this :shock: :shock: :shock:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf0001 [1024x768].jpg[/attachment:23p5llzv]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf0002 [1024x768].jpg[/attachment:23p5llzv]

0003 [1024x768].jpg[/attachment:23p5llzv]

now i dont know if they done it on purpose because i was across 2 spaces, but there were loads free!! and i mean loads, just look at the photos you can see no cars around me barely... i think it has scratched the bumper a bit, but wont know until i give it a good clean this weekend. If i hit someone like that i would of moved my car or at least reversed to hide what i had done???

My rear bumper needs spraying anyway, should i contact my insurer over this idiot?? i waited for a while but no one came suprise suprise.

what you reckon i should do?? this sort of thing happened to anyone else?? my corrados attract trouble im sure...

on the bright side, picked up some bits from the stealers that i have been meaning to get :)

S5001285 [1024x768].JPG[/attachment:3ipids0w]

I'd have keyed his doors and bonnet and kicked his headlamps in.... :censored: :bad-words:

...but I'm a bit posessive with my 'rado... :roll: :lol:

I'd have keyed his doors and bonnet and kicked his headlamps in.... :censored: :bad-words:

...but I'm a bit posessive with my 'rado... :roll: :lol:

i should have!! but the mrs calmed me down and talked me out of doing anything stupid, maybe a good thing... maybe not...

what a complete cock, i would have acted if it was not my car and hid and ambush the driver. then twatted him.

what a complete cock, i would have acted if it was not my car and hid and ambush the driver. then twatted him.

:lol:

dont think my mrs would of been up for hiding in a bush in the rain :lol: