Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

ahhh, Fiddlesticks!!! UPDATE: Knocking noise?

just got the new aux water pump fitted and took car for a spin as its been sat in garage for a while.

not far up the road and like a fool i kerbed one of my newly refurbed wheels :( really have kerbed it badly :gag: :gag:

:gag: I feel for you. I recall not kerbing an alloy in about 8 years. I then imported some nice RCs but just a couple of very minor blemishes, so I had them touched up. Then, less than 24hrs later I promptly belted two of them on a narrow unfinished road a few meters from my front door. Bad words followed :bad-words: rubbish!

Its hard to look after wheels i hit a pot hole and bent 1 tought I had a slow but when I took it off I had bent the lip on the inside.I feel your pain man.

I've never kerbed the Corrado but I did my girlfriends Clio 182 twice in the first 3 months she had it :nono: I was not popular for a while until she opened the MG door straight into the crease on my Corrado door, BIG dent. Now we're even.

This is why i like the goodyear eagle f1s with their protection chine. Unfortunately the new design wasn't out in the right size so I only have them on the fronts (just replaced) and not the rears ---- meaning of course I have a scuffed nearside rear :( :bad-words: :mad2:

i didn't take pics of it, i would like to forget i did it. :sleeping:

UPDATE: Just got car back from having exhaust fitted and noticed a knocking feeling now, when driving, seems worse the faster you get, gets better when turning one way and goes away under braking, but with the odd quite loud knock/clonk/dunk etc

thinking/hoping its a wheel bearing, but you can feel it in your feet when driving, i.e: the floor around pedals

check your wheel bolts are tight first off, secondly jack it up and give your wheel a spin see if there is a grinding noise, also give it a wobble and see if there is any noticeable movement

check your wheel bolts are tight first off, secondly jack it up and give your wheel a spin see if there is a grinding noise, also give it a wobble and see if there is any noticeable movement

And check for any pedestrians you may have picked up! :nuts:

omfg, just checked the wheel nuts like suggested and they were all loose :eek:

that'll be my fault again. am having a few silly mistakes like this, like drawing a diagram to remember how the ht leads go, and realising after much annoyance i'd drawn the diagram wrong to start with

well i wouldn't of driven it any further i have it booked in the garage for monday already, so will cancel that with an embarrasing phonecall.

probably did about 15miles after picking it up, and felt something was wrong

omfg, just checked the wheel nuts like suggested and they were all loose :eek:

that'll be my fault again. am having a few silly mistakes like this, like drawing a diagram to remember how the ht leads go, and realising after much annoyance i'd drawn the diagram wrong to start with

phew! close call, well thats the first thing i check every time. I've had the wheel come loose on me twice and my mate actually lose a wheel coming off on a slip road.

By the way, the order of the HT leads are actually labelled on the coil and the ht lead holders, assuming you have a vr6