Sign in to follow this  
Slimg60

proper clay method

having just found a new clay kit sitting at the back of my shed I think i'll give it a go.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to use one.

I've washed and dried the car. Do you rub the clay bar round like applying polish?

Any help would be much great.

Cheers

Slim

I cannot believe what a difference it has made :eek:

Spent a couple of days with the clay, megs stage 1, SRP, EGP and wax and it looks like a completely differnt car, until it rained last night :lol:

I used one bar on my car last time, you just have to remember to fold it and keep the surface wet, like in the videos :)

Will 1 bar do the whole car?

yep, depending how dirty the car is, i've used the same bar about 4-5 times.

I'm going to clay my Passat on Saturday for the first time. I might even throuw some HD wax on there too. Wish me luck, it's probably going to be a nightmare!

I'm going to clay my Passat on Saturday for the first time. I might even throuw some HD wax on there too. Wish me luck, it's probably going to be a nightmare!

Good luck dude but it is well worth the effort

:clap:

i have ordered a shit load of cleaning products for mine to, never used a clay bar so going to spend a whole day cleaning friday :D

hopefully have some good results like yourself...

you all are aware that claying will only remove contaninates that normal washing wont

ok it leaves your paint feeling silky smooth but once you have clayed you need to polish and then wax.

claying can induce maring which can look like pretty cack so make sure you polish afterwards then on to wax or you may not get the best results :D

Does this work with overspray? Washed the car and gave it a quick wax and its has a shed load of overspray on it.

It will only get light, dusty over spray off but not localised over spray. You need G3 compound for that.