Sign in to follow this  
Corrado_Addict

F**king Nightmare...continues :(

Well lets see,

Went down to Guildford, long treck btw from Scotland which infact took just over 9 hours to get there after all the traffic and then another 45 minutes to get to the hotel, was due to pick up this corrado - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=83058

Which I did pick up, no problems at all, good test drive, felt nice and tight,

Got out onto the motorway ready for my journey home, happy as a pig amongst s**t then under acceleration about 2 hours into my trip I start hearing a nasty little rattle coming from what I thought was the top of the engine, oil light came on with a buzzer so my instant action was pull over and get onto the hard shoulder, checked the oil, all good so rac come out, he suggested that it may have been a faulty oil pressure switch but because it was rattling he wouldn't advise driving it, the engine had been off for a good 45 minutes before they arrived and when started up it sounded ok, no rattles nothing, no light coming on, was followed off the motorway to a service station and he checked it over again, no light came on, no rattle etc so I thought maybe all is ok, checked the oil again and it was fine.

Got back out onto the motorway and got as far as Birmingham then the rattle was getting louder and louder under acceleration, no oil light came on at all though but the rattle was just getting worse so I didn't want to continue any further, now it cost me £800 quid to get the f**king thing home :censored: :censored: :censored:

What I want to know is, what are the chances of this being an instant problem or would it have been an on-going problem?

Bare in mind that engine has only covered almost 28k from big boys toys, the receipt has the engine fitted in 2005 in september. What I don't get is that all of a sudden the problem crops up instantly when there wasn't an actual problem during the test drive,

absolutely frustrated as hell right now as you can probably understand, thinking spend a bit more money to be ok and well that happens :censored: :censored: :censored:

Did get taken back to scotland from penrith in an F150 Lightning though, which was a bit of an occasion but everytime I looked to the back and seen the car on the trailer, couldn't help but feel a bit sick...... :(

Proper f**ked off :mad2: :bad-words:

sounds like bad luck to me oil pump knackered or something ??

dont think you could mask a major problem like that for 2 hours could you ?

I had a G60 years ago and had a nasty rumble coming from the engine but only under acceleration.

It was a real low down rumble but was only on acceleration,was nearly un detectable in normal driving.

Turned out one of the conrod bolts had sheared,quite common on the G60 I believe.

Ended up dropped the sump and found the bolt in the oil.

Replaced the bolt had no further bother.

Hope this helps somehow.

Jesus - I'm really sorry to hear about that. Does indeed sound like a real nightmare :( Looks like you paid well above average too for a nice looking example.

Have you made contact with the seller to try and find out a bit more history?

Will give my cousins garage a ring on monday to get it booked in, only want to trust him with it at the moment to be fair.

Feel a bit easier about things so hopefully it is just a simple problem, will take a note of that problem about the conrod bolt, thanks for that bud. I have thought the oil pump as well, just didn't really want to take any chances driving it home and potentially do major damage, it cost 800 cos thats how much it took for 2 private contractors to get the car home, only just took my rac policy out on the day so they wouldn't give me the full cover to get me anywhere in the uk on that day.

Thw F-150 sounded awesome though I have to admit, same engine thats in the GT40 which done an amazing *wait for it* - 9 MILES TO THE GALLON :shock: :shock:

And he said "12" if your careful :lol:

But not as angry as I was cos he really was a cool guy so I didn't doubt him all that much, turns out I shoulda just spent a whole lot of less money by getting a charger for the red one but hey, what can ya do :lol:

The marriage hasn't gone too plan as of yet....will see what happens on monday, thanks for the info guys, its much appreciated!!!! :D

RAC are a bunch of TW@TS, AA let me upgrade my cover there and then to include relay when the GF's car broke down! Unlucky with the car buddy hope its a simple fix!

No luck. Not clued up on the G60 like others but dont worry too much as they are not as fragile as everybody thinks. Oh and just goes to show proper planning and all that. First thing I did was make sure I had full cover before going to pick mune up from Norwich.

Do you know the history of the car as Im sure that used to be up around Elgin a few years ago either that or one very similar with SEB plate.

Sorry to hear about all the problems.

As for the fault it does depend how the car has been driven, if it has just done short hop journeys rather than long ones then it's likely the fault would not have been noticed. I suspect as the fault came back after only a few miles of driving then something has broken on the motorway trip.

Hope its not too much work to get sorted and I sympathise with the journey as I make that long run south a few times myself every year.

Sorry to hear that bud :cry:

800 quid is mental money for recovery, maybe a thread for car transport companies that can be used around the country would be usefull to all on the forum? I know the most i've ever paid to bring S2 from kent back to top of northern ireland was 350

Hope you get sorted ...... know all about BBT stuff from few years back :gag:

Think you were robbed there mate, I was quoted £450 just on Friday to take my rado from Aberdeen to south of England, and the cheapest I have got is for £310.

You try Dave @ Route9Auto for quote?

Think you were robbed there mate, I was quoted £450 just on Friday to take my rado from Aberdeen to south of England, and the cheapest I have got is for £310.

Nope, will look him up though and get a quote, name drop per chance for even better deal ? :wink:

Just looked for their details, but guessing it's not Route9Auto of Hadley, Massachusetts, USA though ?

Nope, will look him up though and get a quote, name drop per chance for even better deal ? :wink:

Just looked for their details, but guessing it's not Route9Auto of Hadley, Massachusetts, USA though ?

USA ... bit far away , he's in glasgow, Dave Campbell 07979308958 / 07711816703 or catch him on here - http://www.vwscotclub.co.uk/forum/forum ... ransporter

Sound guy :salute:

Will take a note of that number for future reference,

Anyway I took it for a drive a couple of nights ago, just a slow trip into town, normal driving speeds not a peep out of it, hard acceleration again not a peep but was warmed up before doing that, then on the trip home on acceleration that little rattle appeared again, only when u got above sorta 2.5/3k on the revs did u start to hear it and it wasn't in every gear, car still pulls fine but then just heading up the road going home the oil pressure/low oil light came on again but after checking the oil it was ok again :confused4:

its booked in for saturday so i'm gonna see what happens, so badly want to drive it :(

if its anything major i had contemplated taking the charger of the green one, fitting it to the red one and taxxing it, re-insuring the red one and driving that about until I had sorted out some funds to fix the green one :lol:

Have e-mailed big boys toys to see if there is any sort of mileage warranty, and going on the comments in this thread they are not the best for building engines I'm guessing?

Thanks for the help and info guys, much appreciated! :)

RAC are a bunch of TW@TS, AA let me upgrade my cover there and then to include relay when the GF's car broke down! Unlucky with the car buddy hope its a simple fix!

Eeek don't say that, I renewed with the RAC this year as I fell out with the AA last year :lol:

The AA wouldn't recover me off a motorway after a rock (!!!) in the road smashed my rear wheel and severed my handbrake cable off. They said it was a road traffic accident and nothing to do with them, even though I'd managed to get off the motorway onto a hard shoulder and required recovery. I was a member of theirs for 2 years on their top service and that really annoyed me.

Anyway, I thought the no recoveries (except from home) within the first 24hrs was a standard policy with all recovery services though? It stops people using them for a one off recovery then using their 14 day cooling off period to cancel it again afterwards (who hasn't though of doing that?? LOL!).

Anyway, this isn't about me, sorry to read about your troubles Corrado-Addict. Really annoying and know how you feel. I bought a MK2 16V years ago, was perfect on the test drive but an hour home and it started throwing blue smoke out the back under acceleration!!

, only when u got above sorta 2.5/3k on the revs did u start to hear it and it wasn't in every gear,

Money is starting to go on the big end shells. Strange though for a rebuilt engine ...

Tempest

Oil hasn't been changed yet bud, its really really clean as well, like it has just recently been done.....

Hmmm either way it sounds like it could be a bit of an expensive job :(