tribetype40

DOUGS 24V STORM-R - rear cage possibly?

Holy crap batman!! :cool:

Just skipped backwards through this thread. I couldn't quite place where the dash was from - now I know where! Incredible skill went in to this, epic build! I'd love to know where it is now too! :thumbleft:

Okay, so to come clean..

I bought the car last feb and had it flat bedded back to bristol. It took place of a mk2 project I have that needed some engine work. I agreed a deal with a mate where he would get the mk2 sorted for me, so I could sell it to raise fund to finish this car. Since then a few things have and haven't happened.

The mk2 is still sat in the friends yard untouched. :mad2:

With storage and delivery costs the Rado now owes me nearly double the purchase price.

I've realised the car needs far more expertise than I have in order to finish it.

I've had a daughter and lost all my spare time and interest in car stuff.

Doug is an exceptionally talented guy and to finish the car the way he had started it would involve a hell of a lot of learning or a hell of a lot of money.

My recent thoughts have been readvertise it and see what I could get back, or semi break/semi restore into a new direction. Realistically this would involve firstly fitting a factory or aftermarket ECU and harness etc to get it running properly, then working out a plan for the interior - either sourcing a full storm spec interior and going in the direction of an OEM style R32 storm or stripping a lot back and going weekend/track monster. Either option for finishing the car is still going to be a few grand whatever happens and I don't currently have the funds or inclination to do so. At the moment this is just general midnight rambling, I really don't know what comes next, but as the questions been asked, there's a sort of answer!

Baz

thats a shame. I went to see it too, was really impressed with the work done on it, but like you i just wouldnt have been able to commit the time to complete it - i cant even get round to soldering some wires into my current car!

And like you said it would certainly require a good dose of cash to get it in any working order. Great achievement on the car by Doug though, if you dont have a family and lots of time/money it could become a really fantastic Corrado

That's a shame Baz, I'm sure a few years ago you'd have sorted this car to an equally high standard.

I can completely sympathise with your situation having had my son 3 years ago. But I can confirm it gets easier as they get older. I've done nothing to my cars recently but that'll all change this year as I'm getting time back again.

If you do end up selling let me know as I could be very interested as a friend of mine has been after an R32 corrado project for a while.

thats a shame. I went to see it too, was really impressed with the work done on it, but like you i just wouldnt have been able to commit the time to complete it - i cant even get round to soldering some wires into my current car!

And like you said it would certainly require a good dose of cash to get it in any working order. Great achievement on the car by Doug though, if you dont have a family and lots of time/money it could become a really fantastic Corrado

ha.. yeah i'm not helped by the fact I rent a garage with no electric about a mile from home. If it was home it'd be easier to slip out and tinker. I'm planning on moving in the next year or two, but rent costs for the garage start meaning it's hard to justify storage for so long.

That's a shame Baz, I'm sure a few years ago you'd have sorted this car to an equally high standard.

I can completely sympathise with your situation having had my son 3 years ago. But I can confirm it gets easier as they get older. I've done nothing to my cars recently but that'll all change this year as I'm getting time back again.

If you do end up selling let me know as I could be very interested as a friend of mine has been after an R32 corrado project for a while.

Thanks mate, that's very kind. As above, plans would be keep for a couple of years longer, then make a start once i have more time on my hands. That being said, I want another kid asap so i could be waiting a while! Link your friend to this thread, let them see what's available.. if it's of interest, tell them im open to conversations.