tribetype40

DOUGS 24V STORM-R - rear cage possibly?

Based in banbury & Work in Coventry. Software wise its the standard ecu so I'll look to get whatever works with that.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Thanks aide, nice tip off. Having a read now.....

its a good read alright, i'll definitely be giving it a go when i get time and back on the road, good luck with it.

Doug,

are you able to use capture point and scan into a CAD format for computer modelling? What do you use at the mo for CAD ( I assume the ninja star by your TB was a CAD item!)

Cheers,

Jon.

No, not tried anyone else atm and pretty much made my mind up to go for it myself. I think I'm getting the gist of it the more I read and the mouse has been hanging over the purchase button on a few websites already! think I'm going to go for one of these..

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/kits.php ($299) between this and vagcom I'll be able to log all the data I need. off to look for the bits req'd to read and write the chips.

I think I'll also bust the ecu open tomorrow and take a look, would be nice if it has been chipped in the past and already has the socket soldered in.... if im lucky! ;-)

Boost monkey, cheers for the comments. As for the scanning stuff thats exactly what you can do, but the 'ninja star' adapter was easier to just measure up with a vernier and draw it up. The rollcage is where it really comes in useful.

Well, I had a peek in the ecu today and i wasn't lucky. I will need to carefully desolder the chip from the ecu! still a good excuse to go buy a nice soldering iron ( my current one has done its fair share of plastic welding, not really any good for delicate work now!!)

On the plus side I should be getting the wideband afr and data logger tomorrow morning (missed the delivery today :-( ) took a punt on getting the chips and reader/writer from ebay (China..!!) so we'll see what turns up, if anything...

Going to try and get the AFR rigged up over the weekend and I'm interested to see what the engine is doing, as is. i will post the results and we can see whats going on.

What happened Doug? Got any uptodate pics? I have to congratulate you on your expertise and hard work. it is interesting to see what has happened to my first Storm, and no-one can doubt your dedication. I would love to see it in the flesh/metal one day.....

He had a baby.... ;)

Jay

poor fella - by the looks of your avatar, it seems you too are afflicted by this phenomena. Bet it never stopped you though...

Technically twice now! And your right it has not stopped me getting back into a C. :). Doug will get back into it in time, he is just in the sleep deprevation phase at the moment :)

Jay

Well, there we go... its been 18 months since my last post and in that time the car hasn't moved from the garage. Its with great regret that I have to move this on as I currently cant commit any time to it. So I will be breaking it for parts. :-(

So, I've not got to listing the parts its yet so if anyone whant first dibs on anything in particular drop me a PM. Or if anyone wants to take the project on as is... this could be some I would consider.

Cheers

Doug

now that is a real shame, this was another exceptionally defined Corrado. Would be great to see it go to another enthusiast, especially with that dash, engine & seats! I wouldnt mind getting hold of it myself, truth be known.

Shame to hear that its come to this. But that dash and interior is stunning so Ill be asking for them if they are going to become available.

Such a shame you have had to go this route mate as I would have loved to have bought but I already have a R32 corrado Price seem's too cheap.