mikkijayne

Corrado V8 - pics & new web site

:notworthy: :notworthy:

twin exhausts ?

you have a lot of work in front of you !

good luck

Actually thats one of the bits that should be fairly straightforward. The torque tube sits very high in the new tunnel, so there is plenty of space underneath it for a couple of 2.5" straight pipes down to the back. They'll diverge under the rear seat area and go over the rear driveshafts in to a pair of RS4 backboxes. I can almost modify an RS4 system to suit, but I've not found one cheap enough to cut up yet :wink: The tricky bit is going to be getting the driver's side downpipe around the steering column boot - its very tight round there, but doable in 2.5" if I build it from a bunch of bends. The passenger side is much easier. Two O2 sensors as well! Still, the 40V engine has four of them :cuckoo:

There's space for a pair of rotary mufflers in there under the manifolds if I feel like it later, but I'll probably just supercharge it if I go FI :)

There's space for a pair of "rotary mufflers" in there under the manifolds if I feel like it later, but I'll probably just supercharge it if I go FI :)

i really like that choice of words! :lol:

DO IT!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

oh, and i'm also a big fan of fast show references :tongue:

Scalextric! What else can I say. But :salute:

There are some seriously modded cars on here by the blokes, but I think you may well have topped the lot, also all this from a girlie :shock: .

Sorry for asking but is this actually your car? :ignore:

Anyway good skills, I didn't think I'd ever see a V8 in the front of a C. :salute:

Nah I'm just really good with photoshop :tongue:

Yes it really is my car :) All designed and built by me too, although I do bounce a lot of ideas off my friend Andy who built the Polo V8.

Impressive work.

Playing devils advocate here but what sort of weight gain are you going to have with the engine, torque tube (great name) and rear diff/box?

Thats a fair question, and one I have thought about in some detail.

The V8 engine on its own weighs the same as the VR6 + gearbox, and my new subframe weighs about the same as the old one so I think weight up front is about the same as the VR6, albeit distributed further behind the axle line.

The main weight gain is going to be at the back with the Tiptronic gearbox. That thing weighs about 120Kg! :shock: Thats like having a rugby player in the boot, and thats all extra. The rear subframe and suspension weighs less than the boot floor and rear beam, so I'm about square there once I've put a bit of reinforcement in.

Add in electric leather recaros, climate control, and the torque tube and I think I'll probably be looking at about 1400Kg all up. Given it will only have 230hp I think it'll probably be about the same speed as a stock VR6 as the power to weight ratio is exactly the same. On that basis some may consider this a bit of a pointless exercise, but 230hp will be plenty for me to get used to a RWD Corrado and perfect the setup and handling. Once I know how it behaves, well I have plenty of options - 4.2, forced induction, etc :norty:

Tbh I'm not building this to set the roads on fire - thats what VRTs are for. I'm building it a; because I can, and b; because the Audi V8 with open headers sounds like Zeus and Aphrodite having angry sex :D

Nah I'm just really good with photoshop :tongue:

Yes it really is my car :) All designed and built by me too, although I do bounce a lot of ideas off my friend Andy who built the Polo V8.

Good drills.

Just wondered if you were just doing the web bit for your partner etc... Obviously a very talented girl then :salute:

Got to say I love the "Fcuk it, stick a V8 in" school of thought from you and your friend Andy!

Thats a fair question, and one I have thought about in some detail.

The V8 engine on its own weighs the same as the VR6 + gearbox, and my new subframe weighs about the same as the old one so I think weight up front is about the same as the VR6, albeit distributed further behind the axle line.

The main weight gain is going to be at the back with the Tiptronic gearbox. That thing weighs about 120Kg! :shock: Thats like having a rugby player in the boot, and thats all extra. The rear subframe and suspension weighs less than the boot floor and rear beam, so I'm about square there once I've put a bit of reinforcement in.

Add in electric leather recaros, climate control, and the torque tube and I think I'll probably be looking at about 1400Kg all up. Given it will only have 230hp I think it'll probably be about the same speed as a stock VR6 as the power to weight ratio is exactly the same. On that basis some may consider this a bit of a pointless exercise, but 230hp will be plenty for me to get used to a RWD Corrado and perfect the setup and handling. Once I know how it behaves, well I have plenty of options - 4.2, forced induction, etc :norty:

Tbh I'm not building this to set the roads on fire - thats what VRTs are for. I'm building it a; because I can, and b; because the Audi V8 with open headers sounds like Zeus and Aphrodite having angry sex :D

Interesting info. Good to have that weight over the back though. All the best, will be interesting watching this.

sounds like Zeus and Aphrodite having angry sex :D

Interesting image ;)

Fascinating project - and so much scope for more once it's up and running. Great work.

brilliant work, great to see someone doing something different, really keen to see this one develop :salute:

Excellant work will be looking out for it when complete. So doing all the work yourself, thats brilliant now I have to ask the two other questions most menfolk will be wondering.

Do you like drink and interested in football ?

If so, God certainly broke the mold with you.................top top lass :clap: :notworthy: :nuts:

Surely as well as the same power to weight etc the other main point is the instant torque in any gear scenario will make it feel a hell of alot smoother and quicker.

All the more impressed with this project because you are not doing it solely to boast about stratospheric power figures. You're doing it for the enjoyment of it. 8)

Fair play mate! :D

All the more impressed with this project because you are not doing it solely to boast about stratospheric power figures. You're doing it for the enjoyment of it. 8)

Fair play mate! :D

yeah.

Its a "Can it be done ?" type project.

I like the idea of something different.An engineering challenge.

I have always fancied an Audi s2 engine in mine but I rekon you'd struggle to fit it transversely.

Saying that though a longitudinal 5 pot might present different problems than the V8...

i'm waffling.

Anyway fair play for even daring to think about this project,never mind put it into practice.

I'm afraid not. I hate football and I'm not much of a drinker, although I do like the odd cocktail occasionally :hic:

Glad I'm not all on my own though - its nice to see there are other women on here that share the same passion :smurfette:

I'm afraid not. I hate football and I'm not much of a drinker, although I do like the odd cocktail occasionally :hic:

Glad I'm not all on my own though - its nice to see there are other women on here that share the same passion :smurfette:

Thats probably a good thing as it gives you more time to do the car, I only get the weekends and thats when the footy is on forcing me to make a choice :brickwall:

Like you say, its great to see how many ladies are on this forum and how passionate they are about their Corrado's :clap: :clap:

Anyhow get cracking on the motor and I can't wait to see it in the flesh

I love this project! :luvlove: What are those wheels on the red car on your website.