robrado974

Robrado's rado she is staying

Wow, looks nice n clean mate. Wish my engine bay was as clean.

Yeah this Rado was at Dubs at the Beach this year.

brake calipers now sorted, degreased n painted in halfords red 300degree stuff thingy paint.am up to about 1200 quid now so not long to go before she goes to the sprayshop :salute:

Image119_2.jpg

Looking good rob, wanted to paint mine when i swapped the rear axle but didn't have time to, but probably a good thing i didn't as i ended up needing another caliper :censored: Not long till she's in the shop, lookin forward to seeing in fresh paint :)

thanks mate ,bummer bout your caliper, take it you sorted it? seems along time since shes bin off the road not long now :clap:

yeah sorted mate thanks, Now have another years mot :clap: MIne was off the road for two weeks and that seemed an age, u must be goin crazy not havin it on the road, still be worth it

Smart work on the brakes mate. You really are going to town cleaning, tidying and painting bits while your waiting for the paint.

Wish I could get the same sort of time to do bits on mine. There's a growing list I've got to do.

I've got the handbrake plastic for you but not had a fight with the door to get your doorpin rod out yet.

glad you got it sorted,its not that bad not havin it off the road ,hated it for the 1st week or so then you get over it n think what you will end up with. :) thanks for sortin bits matt if you want me to hold the door down durin the struggle let me know :lol:

been a while n got some news, hopefully the vr is goin to sprayshop in about a week :clap: ,the front no plate surround will be filled,rear black surround will be colour coded as will door handles,shes havin a service while there n new loom[thanks to kurzy]. have also bought a leather interior ,so lots of bolt ons n stuff to be fitted when she comes back.have also managed to get windows removed n put back in for 30 bob each which i thought was good price,will post pics of works bein done in shop ....rob

Thats cool news Rob, excited for ya mate. Leather will be awesome. Your car will be totally different when it comes back.

yea cant wait!! when nate drove away today after seein doorcards on mine he gave it the beans! love that vr roar ,just want to be drivin her again seems along time now

got some pics of robs 'beasty' lol

went over there to look at taking a few bits out of the interior ready for the paint shop and ready to take he new leather interior from moi!!!

got to laugh as rob kinda shit himself a bit when i started to rip it all out!!

DSC00697.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00701.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

the carpets have seen better days ...............but they are in absolutly amazing condition once in the washing machine they will come up like brand new.

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

took out all the cloth interior which i think will be up for sale very soon , it is also in very good nick (apart from the useual fart stains) just needs a clean and again this will be in exeptional condition.

DSC00714.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00720.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

DSC00713.jpg

thats it from me i better let rob do some talking!!

cheers

thanks for postin pics up bud. as above you can see we removed the interior today well nate did most of it!.all them wires n mess everywhere i was startin to s##t meself a bit.be nice to put it back together properly ,there were loads of screws just spinin in there holes n wires not fitted right ,from where work has been done in the past.also when we got the carpet up the floor was covered in glass ,must have had a break in at some point. we also found the fan seal had gone because the sound proofin stuff on the floor was ringin wet n it stank!,so will be sortin that next week. carpets goin in washin machine for a good clean aswell. not worth cleanin headlinin or anythin else yet as it will get messed up in the sprayshop.thanks to nate for today. the leather interior is going to sweeeet as :salute:

Good work boys :thumb right:

Rob how bigs ur bloody washine machine? :scratch: no way the rado's carpets would fit in mine :epicfail: :lol:

Is it booked into the 'shop yet?

The carpet will fit trust me fold it up goll it up wack one side at a time it works....

Trick is to power wash them first then stick em in the machine ( makes them smell nice) lol

nah i forced em in to submission :lol: they came up sweet mate nice n clean nready to go back in sometime in near future :)

yeah lets see some pics Rob if they've come out good might have to give mine a go, reckon io could fit the seats in aswell?? :lol: