robrado974

Robrado's rado she is staying

excellent job bud, yep unfortunatly it may crack as the windsreen is bonded in, so there is a fair chance. if it was me i would do the job right and take the screen out

regards

Chris

thanks chris yea they said it might do ,if it does it does ,could not get a pillers out because they were welded to windscreen!! so had to leave them flappin about when me n nate removed headlining,like you say atleast it will be done properly 8)

yes your car will be put back together properly this time rob!! that includes the centre console!! lol

this really is going to be a lovley colour when its all nice and fresh...

i cant believe il have to polish my car now.... :(

You've got some serious competition now Nath, this is going to be a beaut when its finished :clap:

Torbay isn't doing badly at all for nice Corrado's :luvlove:

Sounds like u've picked a good place to get the job done rob, definately worth takin right back and bein done properly, so many times i've seen repsrays that look shite after a couple of years, definately worth the time and money to do it properly, Can't wait to see it when its finished :D

cheers mart ,it will be minto when she comes back ,they are a restoration company n very fussy bout the work they do which is fine by me !!,hows yours comin along mate?

got some more pics today from the guys at the spray shop

front end bumper has been smoothed as has rear badge holes and the two joins

above the bumper also repairs done to windows underneath the old rubbers.

Car is near to completion of rub down and will be going into the spray booth

for primer on monday anyway heres the latest pics :-

DSCN1249.jpg

DSCN1250.jpg

DSCN1252.jpg

DSCN1242.jpg

DSCN1241.jpg

DSCN1244.jpg

Very tidy progress their making mate :clap:

Thats a cracking good repair on the window pillar, amazing how big the hole can get in behind the rubber, it only bubbled up a little on the outside.

Won't be long now, soon get the beasty home :notworthy:

yea matt nice to see progress every week as said the windscreen geezer should be there on monday ,once out they can sort the roof n tailgate ,think thats goin back to the metal aswell because of continuous blow ins.the guys seem very thorough ,i didnt know that if you stripped paint back to metal you have to treat it before you go home for the night because it gets contaminated over night .will have more pics next friday.

spoke to guys at sprayshop today ,im not a happy bunny :( .the windscreen seemed to be comin out fine until it got stuck the reason for this is because the person who fitted it used god knows how much sealent (wondered why a pillars would not come out).it was all glued up n in a right two n eight.hence eventualy it broke,they then discovered the pillars are rotted out because of poor fittin :mad2: :mad2: .so they now have to cut out rot n make up new bits to fit usin new windscreen as a template to insure proper fitting this time ,should have pics soon rob

forgot to say they might have to take the dash out aswell because of the welding ,the only other option is to use a fire blanket to stop any damage being caused ,but they obviously dont like doin that.

Good progress bein made there rob, wounder about the pillars n screen but at least they are gettin sorted properly and u wont have to worry bout em in future, gonna be so mint when it's finished. Mines coming along ok, just had to swap out the gearbox for another one and got the inner cv's to replace tomorrow, mostly maintenace at the mo, mods funds are low but its all good, keep us updated on yours :)

spoke to the guys at sprayshop last week ,not much done tbh :( .gettin on me thrupnies a bit. they have assured me that the new pillars have arrived from vw and will be welded in place on monday ,then it should be straight into the booth for primer ,so i expect pics on friday!!.got my interior out of the shed n into the garage tonight as paint for leather has arrived so thought id put up some before pics. i am re colouring it in black just think its nicer than grey.

car003.jpg

car002.jpg

car001.jpg

after pics will follow soon .also took delivery of me gimpmask today ,think they look fine on me vr ,dont realy want to cover the front of the vr ,but at the same time im not spendin over two large ,not have it protected n get it covered in stonechips :(

got some pics today,more to follow on friday.the repairs on the pillas went well, alot of primer done rest done tommorow .me c should be ready next week :clap: :clap:

IMG00035-20100330-1132.jpg

IMG00037-20100331-1103.jpg

IMG00043-20100331-1711.jpg

IMG00044-20100331-1711.jpg

IMG00045-20100331-1828.jpg

after prepin leather [no pics as you could not see rub marks],i cleaned it with alcohol cleaner .as im changin the colour you have to apply two to three coats with a sponge.thats where im up to now ,hope to be usin spraygun tommorow to finish them ....some pics.

car006.jpg

car005.jpg

car004.jpg

thanks to nate n matt for help :)

Another day at it mate and we'll be there I reckon :)

The leather is coming up so well, I'm really pleased for you. Its going to be an awesome interior once its back into the car. With the incredible work being done by the spray shop, Rob you're going to have an amazing car after all this is completed :notworthy:

I won't want to park next to you now, going to put my mine to shame :gag:

thanks mate.we need to start on yours soon!!.know how you feel at mo,bit frustrated n that . nate said he has the alighning tool ,be great to do the head ourselves ,with time and care n attention it will be fine bud :) you know you can use the garage .

i have finished the leather repaint !!!! :clap: :clap: seems to take ages ,but six coats of black n three coats of satin finish n god knows how many hours later its done heres the pics

car009.jpg

car010.jpg

car011.jpg

not all of it but you get the picture thanks rob :)

Looks superb there mate. Seeing the leather for real, it looks better than the pics can show them.

I reckon you're going to be enjoying the Porsche seats!

thanks matt ,hey philuk all the gear is available from furniture clinic .com. got some more pics of the vr its nearly finished :clap: :clap:

DSCN1283.jpg

DSCN1281.jpg

DSCN1278.jpg

DSCN1275-1.jpg

DSCN1277-1.jpg

DSCN1292.jpg

DSCN1291.jpg

DSCN1290.jpg

DSCN1288.jpg

DSCN1287.jpg

should be finished at the end of the week :clap:

Thats very impressive colours in the paint there, be good to see pics when its all finished in the daylight. Looks dark with some tones of purple, well it does on my old phone. Nice one bud.

yea bud its one of those colours that looks black ,until in daylight then as you say the burgundy realy shines through well happy with it :clap:

You should edit your title to say about all the work you're doing as loads of people would be very interested in what you've been doing to the car :wave: