robrado974

Robrado's rado she is staying

robs fecked his computer....

the carpets have come out well he told me they should come out mint (yes as good as new) as his were real good nick, i did mine they turned out 1,00000000000,0000000,000000,0000,000 times better and they smell nice too

right time for an update nate came round at the weekend to give the vr a service and replace the thermostat with me.

feb1.jpg

front end off we sorted thermo then replaced the plugs,

feb2-1.jpg

next job was to fire her up to get the oil warm so we could change it.she has not been started for eight months so i was a bit concerned.......no need first turn of the key she was up n runnin soundin smooth n sweet oh me of little faith!

Image048-1.jpg

header tank n washerbottle were put in the dishwasher n came out nice n clean

matt n chris turned up for helping hand advice n p##stake

Image050-1.jpg

Image051-2.jpg

matt could not resist showin off his nicely polishished vr!

also replaced fuel filter.

good job done seen as nate said he would be at mine at the crack of dawn ......nine thirty he rolls up with a nasty hangover!.jokin aside though thanks to nate for giving up his sunday to help me nice one bud.also bought his leather interior from him to fit after respray talkin of which i have had to find another company to do the job because i was let down :( .its now bein done by a car restoration company in bath .they can start anytime so vr should be on the transporter any day now,they said job will take three weeks cant wait to see the result :D

Hey Rob :wave:

Tired out after all our hard work helping :norty: :lol:

Really looking forward to seeing this one back on the road mate, all fresh and running very smoothly now :nuts:

Awesome mate, good bit of maintenance done there, , glad u've found somewhere to get the respray done, should have said u were havin a rado meet at yours, would have popped up :lol: not that my gearbox would have made it there :(

Wont be long before it's back looking brand spankin 8)

thanks guys have your ceilins dried out yet matt after my s##thot plasterin?soz mart long drive for you on a sunday mornin mate! whats up with the gearbox mate? cant be as bad as my transit 45000 miles !its shockin what else can you expect from a ford though :lol:

found my gearbox plugs tonight rob so we can change that when ever you fancy matey!!

yes this will be very nice indeed when you get it back will be such a nice colour even if it is plum your going for............... :tongue:

I cant believe you lot were hammering me for not bringing mine lol, will defo have to have a rado meet when the better weather comes, cheers mate for the lift home :salute:

i think its just hit me ...you cant actually bring yourself to drive it as you havent any recaros!! lol the thought of coming to see us is just so embarressing you make up excuses so as not to drive it!

even rob has porker seats now!!! matts got his s3's mate youve got to spend some of that money your hiding

lol

i could always cut you some foam and we could strecth you bolsters ?

i think its just hit me ...you cant actually bring yourself to drive it as you havent any recaros!! lol the thought of coming to see us is just so embarressing you make up excuses so as not to drive it!

even rob has porker seats now!!! matts got his s3's mate youve got to spend some of that money your hiding

lol

Hey Chris

I've got some MDF spare, we could make you the bases and backs so Nath can fit the foam on them........Recaro's here you come :norty: :norty:

lol

Dude its cos you have that old man's auto gear box that i dont bring my car out, dont want you feeling bad every time you look in my car, plus im only going to leave you for dead now the schimmels are in lol :norty:

plus im only going to leave you for dead now the schimmels are in lol :norty:

You know thats true Chris, hell I was able to catch him up and overtake the auto cruiser. Just wait till my Schimmels are in as well.

Chris, Rob and I will all have to drive along leaving the handbrake on so we don't get split up and loose Nath behind us :norty:

lol you bitches at least i will be crusing in style.........................muhahahahahahahahaha

unlike you pussys in the doom blue cars!

ahum girls have you finished this is my build thread :lol: said goodbye to the beasty today with a tear in my eye

:lol: Image064.jpg

Image063.jpg

Still she will be back in 4 weeks lookin like she did when she left fatherland in 1992 :clap:

Shit rob someone's robbed your bumpers and lights mate :lol:

Roll on for weeks time 8) Glad you found somewhere to get it done mate, will look awesome when it comes back :clap:

oh and boys, don't make me come up there and bust out my dirty grey, sposed to be black, cloth interior on u, don't wont to be responsably for that much envy among u :tongue: :lol:

Haha Mart :norty:

I'm looking forward to seeing your Plum Rado so much Rob, can't wait to see how good it will look :clap:

mart you can keep your fart infested cloth interior to yourself!

Sure u don't fancy a swap ?? :lol:

oi whats all this plum buisness :lol: .mart will give you a shout when shes back if you fancy a trip down mate

yeah mate give me a shout n i'll pop up sometime as have a couple of other people to see in torquay at some point.

got some pics today from the sprayshop ,they rang aswell to say the paint aint to clever,i new it had been blown in but as the pic that looks like the rings of a tree shows its been blown in more than once :( .the bonnet had to be taken back to bare metal ,the roof ,wings n tailgate will be taken back to at least primer stage because they did not want to go over original paint because of pitting n stuff,they said its up to me if i want to run the risk of it repeating the same thing in two or so years time.so out comes the windscreen and rear screen so they can be taken right back,i want a proper job done and they can garantee paint job aswell.at this stage they have been great, impressed with correspondence from them sending pics and explaning any probs they have fully with me before going ahead with work.they also said the bloke they use is there tommorow and will remove windscreen n rear screen. there will only be extra cost if windscreen breaks ,which bein a pig to get out sometimes they do ,anyway heres the pics.

DSCN1230.jpg

DSCN1235.jpg

DSCN1237.jpg

DSCN1238.jpg

should have some more pics on friday ,rob

guna be mint bud :) ile let you know asap bout doin work on yours on thurs\friday mate be nice to get it done n in a garage n all!!