robrado974

Robrado's rado she is staying

A couple of pics from last weekend where we stayed in cornwall . On saturday she goes in to Devon dub shack for an interior sort out . Theres lots to be done and sorted . Rattles , squeeks, parts that just wont sit right , new window scrapers to be fitted .I cant remember if i said but after having the interior out five times now for one reason or another ,i really dont want to have to do it again .I want it done all at once , not me doing it in the rain , with no where to put everything . Also on saturday morning i will be stoping off at a recomended paint shop to see how much the bonnet and bumper painting will be .

923ff78e-966b-4e31-8818-fd0a404f3c37.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

Edited by robrado974

Lol Clump , my photobucket seems to be stuck on the last image [the pic on the ht leads i put up earlier ]It wont copy other pics atm ?

Rob

Thanks mate , how did you see the image ?

Rob

ijust clicked on the link from hotmail and scrolled looked like a fab place to stay we are of to Hayle in a mobile home this weekend!

Thats better pics are now up . Looking forward to an early start tomorrow and getting stuck into sorting a lot of niggles out . I have a large list of jobs , that seems to be growing by the hour !.

Rob

They are lovely wheels mate , got them in a group buy , back in 2011 I think . Shame you couldn't get to dds today mate .

I'm in a mobile home near Hastings unfortunately mate. Apparently this is a holiday. :shrug: :(

The car is now back at my house and i have to say its a lot quieter in the cabin . All the rear rattles n squeeks have gone apart from one which has returned . I will sort this one out .Having the top handbrake section not jumping up n down and moving is nice .There are a few in the front now ,i think the rear ones were drowning out the front noises lol. Now i have a headunit its not so bad though . I suppose i have to remember its 22 years old now and things are going to wear out . I will be arranging a date for the paintwork to be done soon . I also will be putting a wanted thread up for , wishbones , radiator cowlings and other parts soon . The plan is to accumilate all the exterior bits i need and want to change and get them sent off for powder coating , rather than remove them from my car and have it in bits for ages .The problem i have is only having a drive to work on and a small shed to store anything , but having a drive is better than not having one , so i am grateful for that .Ive slowly come to realise that its never going to be a show winner and my ocd is calming a lot now lol . Just happy to have a nice clean example of a VR .

Rob

Good effort Rob. I too have realised the Same thing. I took my lump out to fix a few things, and just tidied up everything as I went along. I was getting a bit frustrated it wasn't up to the standard of some of the others on here, but then remembered it was never the intention for it to be concourse. A nice solid and clean example will more than suffice mate. :thumbleft:

What did you do to get rid of the rattles then? I was just gonna get some felt and renew all the contact parts on the trim, and ensure all nuts and bolts are secure etc.......

The car is now back at my house and i have to say its a lot quieter in the cabin . All the rear rattles n squeeks have gone apart from one which has returned . I will sort this one out .Having the top handbrake section not jumping up n down and moving is nice .There are a few in the front now ,i think the rear ones were drowning out the front noises lol. Now i have a headunit its not so bad though . I suppose i have to remember its 22 years old now and things are going to wear out . I will be arranging a date for the paintwork to be done soon . I also will be putting a wanted thread up for , wishbones , radiator cowlings and other parts soon . The plan is to accumilate all the exterior bits i need and want to change and get them sent off for powder coating , rather than remove them from my car and have it in bits for ages .The problem i have is only having a drive to work on and a small shed to store anything , but having a drive is better than not having one , so i am grateful for that .Ive slowly come to realise that its never going to be a show winner and my ocd is calming a lot now lol . Just happy to have a nice clean example of a VR .

Rob

I've not seen your VR6 mate but carrying on from your qoute about a show winner to be honest there are a lot of us who get too carried away with aiming this high when we should be happy with what we have got the likes of Goldie/ChrisL etc are car's which to be honest are getting on for show car's it's a nice bar to aim for but that's all it's about the enjoyment of your car which is why I Drive mine in the way I do not to annoy/wind up anyone it's my car I'll use it. I totally understand people looking after a car for the sake of it disappearing but these car's will not get to a stage where anyone involved with them will be making anything from them. JUST GO OUT AND ENJOY YOUR CAR

Yeah I have to agree with both of you . It's there to be driven and enjoyed . When I see something that annoys me because it's not how I want it to be I need to learn to walk away from it and leave it for another day when I have a bit more dough . Sean I can't remember the name of the product used to stop plastics rubbing and rattling , it's a tape with felt on , I will text me mate and ask him what it's called . I've started to use my car cover again now , as the neighbours tree has stopped shedding blossom and now it's loosing these little catkin like flowers . I came home today and it was everywhere , inc in the engine bay . I gave it a wash and hoovered the bay lol . I feel like putting a copper nail in the trunk lol .

Rob

Thanks Stone , they are great wheels .Good to meet you to Dave ,hows yours coming along ?.

Just a small update . The car is now back in the sprayshop . A little annoyed at this as i had it done three years ago . I spoke to Dan today and he's had a good look around the car , considering he is very ocd with his work , he has told me that the painting of the car is very well done. The spidering on the bumper and surface rust on the lip of the bonnet is just a minor mistake and happens sometimes .At £550.00 to do this work again ,its money i could have spent elsewhere on the car ,but it has to be done ,ive put to much dough into this car to ignore it and let it get worse .It should be done by next week sometime . With the freshly painted underside of the bonnet i will be able to fit my new soundeadening foam too. Im also having some work done to the battery tray .Im hoping to get some pics soon to add to this thread and will update it as soon as i get them .

Rob

bad luck mate, good to hear your getting it sorted before it goes too far though. Can't wait to finally see it soon!

Thanks Sean , you will see it at Bristol hopefully . Im considering the show n shine , but not sure if its good enough to enter .

I'm sure it will be mate. Nothing to loose, and you may well surprise yourself mate!! :thumbleft:

A few pics sent to me on fb messenger by Dan who is spraying my car . I will be picking it up on saturday , cant wait to see it .IMG_1685-1.png

IMG_1685.png

IMG_1687.png

IMG_1686.png

Not the best pics to look at all i could do was take a photo from my phone ,but you get the idea . The inside lip of the wings were begining to show signs of rust where it joins the plastic arch , so they have been done too.

Thanks for looking

Rob

I know Dan Rob, he was just starting out last time I spoke to him. I take it he does good work then?

Ive seen alot of his stuff Sean . Very ocd , likes to do things methodically and right . He was saying to me that he likes being his own boss as he can do things his way , working in the body centres he worked in was not for him , the way they knock jobs out quick as possible and not much care used to rile him .

Rob

Sounds like its in good hands then mate. Always good to find someone who you know will endeavour to do the job the right way. :thumbleft: