Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

180,000 miles today

Haven't seen that many 0's since..................well 170,000miles :sleeping:

I'm impressed as the engine is one of the only things that has never broken, still all original stuff

Congrats. Mine turned over 180K a few days ago too.

I think a "200 club" thread could be in order soon :D

To be fair though, your engines not exactly done that many miles has it ;) just the chassis and most of that would be new :lol:

Mine's on 160,000 now. The old engine was still perfect at that mileage as well, although we did do headgasket and chains etc. New engine's a bit less than that though 8)

I remember when i hit 180k and i thought it was really high but that seems like a distant memory as now i'm about to hit 191k :lol: My cars still fresh though as every area of the car has been refreshed and i keep on top of any jobs that need doing :)

I hit 140000 yesterday, thought that was getting on a bit! Still on original, clutch, chains etc. :)

Congrats. Mine turned over 180K a few days ago too.

I think a "200 club" thread could be in order soon :D

To be fair though, your engines not exactly done that many miles has it ;) just the chassis and most of that would be new :lol:

Mine's on 160,000 now. The old engine was still perfect at that mileage as well, although we did do headgasket and chains etc. New engine's a bit less than that though 8)

.....I was gonna say that about kevhaywire but I didnt want to be checky :lol:

Is 180 - 200K about avarage mileage these days. are there many under 100K :D

mine is, 92K and 3 owners from new inc me :D

tbh i bet a lot of cars on here are in better nic tho - at the moment anyway

212,000 and 145,000 roughly.

The valver feels tighter at 212,000 than the VR did at 140,000

Looking at 190,000 in the next few weeks, got the engine flush, oil etc waiting!! 8)

This was 25 Oct 2009, I'm currently on 189,665 miles. 8)

25102009590.jpg[/attachment:3ddxwf7t]

....thats because the VR is a REAL performance coupe under bigger stresses :lol: :lol:......sorry, figured you couldnt get offended as you have both :norty:

....thats because the VR is a REAL performance coupe under bigger stresses :lol: :lol:......sorry, figured you couldnt get offended as you have both :norty:

TBH, I think it's because the early cars were built better.

Wow... long way for me to catch up...

Is 180 - 200K about avarage mileage these days. are there many under 100K :D

mine has 70,000 on it 8) so a while before im in the 200+ club :lol:

Really, mines a late one and its solid as a rock !!......were they built in the same factory ?

LOL, I was waiting for someone to chime in with that :lol:

Who cares anyway, engines I consider to be wear / disposable items. They are still a factory block and head, but with new innards. The car itself has done 180K :wink:

You have completely changed your engine for one that was never even in a Corrado, so you're not part of the club :p :lol:

what year is your VR? i've always told myself the later ones were better built :norty:

LOL, I was waiting for someone to chime in with that :lol:

Who cares anyway, engines I consider to be wear / disposable items. They are still a factory block and head, but with new innards. The car itself has done 180K :wink:

You have completely changed your engine for one that was never even in a Corrado, so you're not part of the club :p :lol:

lol, i think my engine, interior & bodywork is about the only things to of done 180k, feels like i've replaced most of the other stuff now

my mate has a mile long party every 10k in his car, highly random the first time you see it, but ive grown to accept it and join in :lol:

involves alot of horn papping, shouting and seated dancing - i can only reccomend it to others now

my mate has a mile long party every 10k in his car, highly random the first time you see it, but ive grown to accept it and join in :lol:

involves alot of horn papping, shouting and seated dancing - i can only reccomend it to others now

i like the sound of that...! 118k miles for me... 2k miles and i’m having a mile party!!!