jazzdevil

The all-purpose F1 thread...

Yeah i heard. Ban was over turned or something.

It says he and simmons got compensation... so are they both deemed to be innocent or what?

Dunno, but it kind of defeats the whole purpose of the FIA punishing people if it can be overturned by a government. They cheated. They should be banned. End of.

My girlfriend just ordered us tickets to go to Silverstone for the Grand Prix! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

She was the one that got me into F1 in the first place!

My girlfriend just ordered us tickets to go to Silverstone for the Grand Prix! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Arent they like £600 each! or something like that? Whats it for, race day, race day and qualifying?

Should be a good day/weekend for you! :-D Hope its good weather.... saying that there'll be more action if its not.

Hold on to that one dude! :D

Yeah i heard. Ban was over turned or something.

It says he and simmons got compensation... so are they both deemed to be innocent or what?

What seems to becoming clearer is that the FIA are sure to appeal the court's decision. In addition it's interesting to note that the court decision has not cleared Briatore of the charge of orchestrating the crash, the decision is purely about the legitimacy of the FIA's punishment.

Flavio has been huffing & puffing about suing people and having his name cleared but his career in motorsport is still trashed. The guy cheated, and nobody will associate with him in future. Suing the FIA, Renault, Piquet and drivers who've ended thier management contracts with him may put some money in the bank (possibly) but it won't restore his reputation. Indeed the opposite is a more likely outcome.

Think Awarding him £13,500 when he was looking for over £1m says a lot!

So basically (at the moment) this means that the FIA can't punish anyone...

However Todts already changed the way these things are reviewed by setting up a properly independant body (as opposed to Max's Tame "World Council)

In some ways it throws light on how personal things were such as £100m fine to Mclaren over "Spygate"... apparently before this no-one questioned the WC's decision in case they got worse...

However the shadow of Mosley remains.. he's still on the FIA "Senate"... :eek:

Did anyone see Ron Dennis's full page in the Mail on Sunday?

He made it clear what everyone thinks of FB. :pukeright:

not a Mail reader... So Flav not particularly well liked in the paddock then?

not a Mail reader... So Flav not particularly well liked in the paddock then?

Not unless you care for obese bullies masquerading as clowns! His body language and attitude are appalling!

Can't believe the French courts have been taken in by such a shallow attitude either.

Ron also reminded us that while McClaren were fined millions for the Ferarrigate fiasco, caused by irresponsible, dishonest, relatively junior staff, FB/Renault got away with the same offence, in posession of McClaren data, scott free! All because of unbelievable Mosley bias!

So, Bernie and Genii (the company who now own 75% of Renault) have put in a bid for SAAB... bets on Kubica in 'SAAB powered by Renault' F1 overalls before end of the season?!

:cuckoo:

Looks like Lewis is taking the Button threat seriously... he's dumped whats-her-face to concentrate on his F1 career! :clap:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i bet it will help though! seen some of the things he has been saying to Alonso, think he is more up for it this year which is a good sign

Looks like Lewis is taking the Button threat seriously... he's dumped whats-her-face to concentrate on his F1 career! :clap:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i bet it will help though! seen some of the things he has been saying to Alonso, think he is more up for it this year which is a good sign

Thought he dumped her a while ago and they got back together... or did they and he's dumped her again?

Whats been said to Alonso?

EDIT - ^^^ ah 'reigniting the fued' with Alonso.

Really cant wait for the season to start! :D :D :D

whats-her-face :lol:

a great move if you ask me... she was loving being the F1 version of a footballers wife! ruddy WAG!

So in the F1-WAG-2010

Button:

jessica-michibata.jpg

Vs

Hamilton:

nicole-scherzinger-katty-white.jpg

So who would have taken the title? :grin:

(and yes there were loads of pictures I could have used that would have made this NSFW! :lol: )

SHORTCUTS!

Now why didn't I think of that Bernie?

And Maybe the drivers can all dress up as Disney Characters too! :cuckoo:

SHORTCUTS!

Now why didn't I think of that Bernie? :cuckoo:

did you read about 2011 rule additions? Invincibility, power-ups, new circuits on beaches and in space and red shells!!

Is it just me or does the new Sauber-Ferrari C29 resemble a recycled Airfix Concorde model?? I'm sure it's the paint job, but it does look excessively long in the wheelbase...

56396_2.jpg

on the flip, I quite like the new Renault livery - has touches of the early 80's cars

56379_2.jpg

Yeah it does look like a very long wheel base, but i think its an illusion. I like the Renault too.

No suprise but the mercedes brawn looks near identical to the old one bar the colour scheme. Its nice in a grey colour

Some of the cars look awesome this year......love the look of that Renault - tenner its a bag of crap though :lol:

Yeah it does look like a very long wheel base, but i think its an illusion. ......

Yeah - I wonder how it compares with the LWB version that Ferrari tried and abandoned?

I recall it struggled with Monaco.

[Not to be confused with Schumachers unprofessional antics in practice.]

from all the commentary so far on each launch, every car is acknowledged to be noticeably longer this year to fit the larger fuel tanks required by no refuelling.

Yeah it does look like a very long wheel base, but i think its an illusion. I like the Renault too.

No suprise but the mercedes brawn looks near identical to the old one bar the colour scheme. Its nice in a grey colour

Erm nope, it's completely different... and a fair bit Uglier than last year's car... oh and in very "Mclaren" style colour scheme albeit Silver/black (as is the Sauber too.. damn it Peter paint it PINK!)

Erm nope, it's completely different... and a fair bit Uglier than last year's car... oh and in very "Mclaren" style colour scheme albeit Silver/black (as is the Sauber too.. damn it Peter paint it PINK!)

Get away! Really? From the pic i saw it looked more or less the same!? Maybe if they were side by side :shrug:

This is the pic i saw -

mercedes-benz__f1__2010__001.jpg

against

formula-1-launches-Jenson-002.jpg

They're not terribly different from those pics. I have to say I like the new car actually.