jazzdevil

The all-purpose F1 thread...

Not sure what to make of 2013's proposed engine regs... 4-cyl, 1.5l, Direct injection, bi-turbo... spoiler! :?

So, basically its going back to the old days of small engines and massive turbos. Which they banned.... :scratch:

Exactly like it was back in the 80's when they were putting out well in excess of 1000 bhp in qualifying trim and were thought too dangerous, hence the move back to N/A engines?

Ian. :shrug:

Yeah it does seem they've gone one complete circle. Though lets not forget safety has improved alot since the 80's.

I quite like the idea of the turbo's being reintroduced :D

Yeah it does seem they've gone one complete circle. Though lets not forget safety has improved alot since the 80's.

Me too!

It's also good to continualy change, improving all the aspects of internal combustion. Just look at the specific power outputs of modern N/A production engines, close to 100bhp/litre with perfect tractability through modern instrumentation and ecu design.

We're about due for another leap forward in turbo blown development.

Lets not also forget the Gas Turbine... another possible route according to some sources...

I say Bernie should bring back his Alfa "Fan Car"... :cuckoo:

i think they should bring back the old fashion way of starting the race where all the drivers have to run to their cars get belted up (or not as the case used to be) then drive off! :lol:

Lets not also forget the Gas Turbine... another possible route according to some sources...

Indeed - pity the Rover version didn't get too far, though I recall the conclusion was that it might be OK for long distance racing, but a little impractical for a daily!!

The catalunya race was good not as exciting as Shanghai, but i feel gutted for Lewis Hamilton having a blow out on the 65th lap. I was hoping for a batttle between Hamilton & Webber, damn those red bulls are fast!

it was slightly processional but I still enjoyed it.

Lewis's body langauge as he was putting the steering wheel back on was classic.He seemed to take it quite well in the post race interview.

Yup.Those redbulls are impressive machines.The reliability iussues this year are making things quite interesting.

As mark webber said."You can build them like tractors but you want them to be fast and so you build them as close to the edge(in terms of robustness) as possible." 8)

Aye, I had Hamilton, Kubica and Liuzzi selected for the fantasy f1 game... Thought I was finally on for a few points when Lewis nabbed 2nd... gutted when he bowed out so late in the day, plus Liuzzi's form has diminished since Bahrain & Australia dammit :-/

Barca is typically processional and sadly I fear Monaco this coming weekend will be similar - let's get back to open, fast and wet tracks!!

Wasnt the best race, but i was quite glued to it. Was good to see Hamilton doing so well, even as far as getting passed Vettel before he had the brake issue. I also was absolutely gutted for Hamilton, but im sure he'll pick himself back up.

Monaco will be really interesting, especially qualifying session 1. :D

Anyone else read this - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 671392.stm

I was quite surprised by Hamilton's reaction, normally he throws his toys out of the pram and blames everyone but himself. Its a shame he didn't finish but it was good for my fantasy team :lol:

Yeah thats going to boost his confidence isnt it. Yeah your driving is a bit poo at the moment so we are publicly going to question your ability in front of millions of people. :shrug: I cant see him being there next season.

Me either to be honest. I wonder which team he'll go to, if any :shrug: I also wonder if they'll bring Kubica in or beg for Raikkonen to take Massa's seat. To be honest i wouldnt mind Raikkonen being back in the sport.

/\/\ spking of which "the ice one" got a 5th place in the Turkish rally.

can't tell if he is enjoying it though coz he always looks miserable. :)

I was quite surprised by Hamilton's reaction, normally he throws his toys out of the pram and blames everyone but himself....

........like all the best drivers over the past 20 years surely :)

I thought Lewis had a very strong race again.

New rule for 2011..................... random sprinkler systems at each track! :clap:

See the F-duct's banned from next year as well... looks like Ferrari's bodge of having to take a hand off the wheel worked...

Think it will be far better with 1.5T formula, especially if like the Audi-Palmer formula, the drivers have about 30 seconds per race of 100bhp extra boost available to use at their discretion.

Obviously at F1 states of tune it would be more like 300bhp extra boost!

Think it will be far better with 1.5T formula, especially if like the Audi-Palmer formula, the drivers have about 30 seconds per race of 100bhp extra boost available to use at their discretion.

Obviously at F1 states of tune it would be more like 300bhp extra boost!

hmm... It all sounds a bit Playstation to me, but I'll reserve final judgement until I see it

Oh for shame Alonso's totalled his car and will be starting tomorrow from the pit lane! That's if they can rebuild a split chassis...

:clap: