Sign in to follow this  
4eyes2wheels

If you could choose ANY colour . . .

If you could choose ANY colour to respray a Corrado, what would it be and why?

The first one I had was Green which I think was a really cool colour. I've seen one on here which was resprayed silver and looked brilliant but in the last 15 years I think about 40% of cars have been sold in some form of silver paint which makes it a less attractive colour for me.

And finally what is the cost of a full decent respray assuming you just give them the car and they do all the work?

The one major thing I miss about my Valver is the colour...Nugget yellow

I'd love my VR to have immaculate nugget paint

Weirdly enough I sold my Valver to a good friend on here who then proceeded to drop a VR lump in it anyway, bit jealous if I'm honest :)

I agree with Mawrick - I love blackberry :) Think I like it so much because it can look all moody and dark at dusk for example, but when the sun is shining, the blue and pink in it really shows

As for the cost of respray, I think it varies hugely. I know you said full respray, but do you just mean every panel or do you mean windows out, bare metal, rust treated etc etc? Sorry, don't mean to be awkward ;)

but do you just mean every panel or do you mean windows out, bare metal, rust treated etc etc? Sorry, don't mean to be awkward ;)

I guess I mean a good job outwardly -not every single piece of metal hidden from view - I suppose it is like saying how long is a piece of string . . .

im a sucker for bay side blue (skyline) but know its wrong to paint a vw a jap colour

easiest answer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OAK GREEN

best colour vw ever did imo, my old car was lined up for the oak green full respray but i ended up buying the VRT instead, and i will be keeping the moonlight blue now...

full respray between 1k and 3k, depends if its a colour change and where you have it done... i was quoted about 2k for a full colour change to oak green by a vw bodyshop, so the engine bay etc would match!! would of looked nice :(

yeah its not cheap. I got a quote for almost a respray to bring my current corrado up to scratch and should have the quote when i get in. The only thing im not having done is the roof and passenger door, so looking 1k i think :( plus i may as well do it all really so its brand spanking...

cant wait to have the bodywork perfect and shiny though :grin:

Ice Grey Violet is one of my very favourite colours ever. Also really liked the Khaki colour but only ever saw that on Corrado - talk about rare!

Blackberry is prob my fav Rado colour, although Khaki is a bit special.

Love Honda 'Pirates' Black' - looks totally black until the sun comes out and shows the purple pearl.

Honda 'Pirates' Black' - looks totally black until the sun comes out and shows the purple pearl.

That sounds wicked (as people younger than me would say)

easiest answer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OAK GREEN

best colour vw ever did imo, my old car was lined up for the oak green full respray but i ended up buying the VRT instead, and i will be keeping the moonlight blue now...

full respray between 1k and 3k, depends if its a colour change and where you have it done... i was quoted about 2k for a full colour change to oak green by a vw bodyshop, so the engine bay etc would match!! would of looked nice :(

oooh oak green now that would be nice id love to see how that worked with the doh,s smooth lines has it been done? any pics?

blackberry all the way.

however i did toy with the idea of a white perlescent with a flip and pearl coat blue/purple...... saw it on a car once and it looks so so so awesom whiter than white but in the sunlight you get a pink or blue sheen on certain angles.......really really really nice.... anyway went for blackberry as it is awesome!