Sign in to follow this  
marmite monster

speedlines! do we all agree they are the best wheels?

i think as a std wheel vw got it spot on back in the day but saying that i do like my current LM reps and my future new bbs Rc's just prefer a larger wheel filling the arch :D

You must live so close to me but I never see your car :(

i think as a std wheel vw got it spot on back in the day but saying that i do like my current LM reps and my future new bbs Rc's just prefer a larger wheel filling the arch :D

You must live so close to me but I never see your car :(

ditto !! :D

totally agree thats why you need 17's :D shame they weigh 10kg :(

cvyhjjkyu.jpg

Good man! 10kg isn't THAT bad to be honest. What width are they?

Here's a pic of mine painted a real dark gunmetal:

that's exactly what i have in mind for mine, you've just really lit my torch with that pic 8)

speedlines are a great looking wheel we all agree to that (theres a first on here) BUT stop looking at other alloys and just buy these http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.p ... pic=264977 THE alloy for a corrado, and being 16's even lighter than a very light thing.

GET THEM BOUGHT

There my old rims, great wheels but not good brake clearance

totally agree thats why you need 17's :D shame they weigh 10kg :(

cvyhjjkyu.jpg

Good man! 10kg isn't THAT bad to be honest. What width are they?

7j but only available in white for 5x100 as far as i can tell :mad2:

anyone got or find a picture with a mk3 golf with speedlines on?? wonder if it looks good?? could put a set on my daily :D

Thumbs up from me!

!BcvuyVgCGk~$(KGrHqUH-C8Equpwt5zNBK11op5Jnw~~_12.jpg[/attachment:20cpxp04]

looks good, if i wasnt spending so much money on my corrado i would love a set for mine

Ah....I thought they were 8x17s. In that case, yeah, 10Kg is a tad porky for a 7x17. See how it drives though before worrying about it. Not everyone is as particular with wheel weights as I am :D

Ah....I thought they were 8x17s. In that case, yeah, 10Kg is a tad porky for a 7x17. See how it drives though before worrying about it. Not everyone is as particular with wheel weights as I am :D

if they feel like my tt comps did they will ruin the car imo :)

not owning a vr means I dont know what you :cuckoo: are on about :lol: Estorils ftw

DSC_0401.jpg

Ya what are these speedlines your on about :tongue:

Estorils all the way 8)

unless they are these

ronal_turbo.jpg

:norty: :nuts:

Anything BBS is the way forward 8)

BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS BBS :norty:

Even I have a mint set of refurbed Speedlines tucked away and as standard fare they're OK although a little limiting for those wanting a brake upgrade. Seeing as I run 312mm brakes which themselves are modest compared to some of the monster brakes on here i'll just have to settle for second best and run on one of my sets of RS 301s, if only I had limited myself to a 288mm upgrade :shrug: Oh well BBS it is

Even I have a mint set of refurbed Speedlines tucked away and as standard fare they're OK although a little limiting for those wanting a brake upgrade. Seeing as I run 312mm brakes which themselves are modest compared to some of the monster brakes on here i'll just have to settle for second best and run on one of my sets of RS 301s, if only I had limited myself to a 288mm upgrade :shrug: Oh well BBS it is

Ah, what a bummer you have to run the 301s :lol:

Another vote for Speeds here, mine may be a bit scabby, but they still look cool. 8)

YEY - to this thread!

i love speedlines! i want the infamous 17" versions!!! :notworthy:

me too! sadly this is the only pic i have seen of a rado with them on :eek:

YEY - to this thread!

see... even on that... stunning!! i WILL have those 1 day...

YEY - to this thread!

see... even on that... stunning!! i WILL have those 1 day...[/quote:1ax87ayy]

What do u mean??

I like the 2-tone unfinished bodywork/paint look...

Speedlines are so common, Monte Carlos are a bit special :clap: :wave:036.JPG[/attachment:nb3ovlaz]

Nonsense.. they stuck them on the MK3 Golf! Common as muck!! :D ;)

:p and I thought they were special :lol:

Not many fitted to the rado though, think they were fitted to the Campaign and 92 model Vr, only seen 3 corrados with then on :shrug:

just got to say my home town is woking , do you ever head over to No rice in Guildford....?

Have had both Speedlines and Solitudes on my VRs and agree with all that's been said that Speedies are a great wheel, beautiful design, easy to keep clean and have aged beautifully.

However, for OEM+ and trying to make the VR look as VW might have if it had rolled off the production line now, the only wheel choice for me is RXIIs. VW issue, fitted to Golfs of the same era, so suits that period but fills the arches a tad more and hasn't perhaps dated in quite the way Speedlines have.

just got to say my home town is woking , do you ever head over to No rice in Guildford....?

I know it wasn't directed at me but I go No rice loads, we should get a few of us to meet up before and plan a Corrado convoy one day, too many E36 BMW's there at the moment so we need to show what we're rolling with :)

Have had both Speedlines and Solitudes on my VRs and agree with all that's been said that Speedies are a great wheel, beautiful design, easy to keep clean and have aged beautifully.

However, for OEM+ (trying to make the VR look as VW might have if it had rolled off the production line now, the only wheel choice for me is RXIIs. VW issue, fitted to Golfs of the same era, so suits that period but fills the arches a tad more and hasn't perhaps dated in quite the way Speedlines have.

agree with you mate but for me it has to be the 17" rx :D

ibibi.jpg