Sign in to follow this  
vw domo

get yr snowy rado pics up

Well wish me luck. I've uncovered one and am off to see if it will start having been buried since Tuesday (last ran Monday).

If that goes well I'll be uncovering and checking out my poorly one and then asking Kip if he wants me to give his 8v a go.

Well wish me luck. I've uncovered one and am off to see if it will start having been buried since Tuesday (last ran Monday).

If that goes well I'll be uncovering and checking out my poorly one and then asking Kip if he wants me to give his 8v a go.

Good luck Jude

Have taken my wheels off and put some smaller steels on which may e make the car actually driveable

Camera ran out of juice! really need to get some pics/video up!

The 4x4 is nuts LOL weird seeing snow being flicked up by all four wheels! and shooting up our steep street whilst way more advanced/modern and expsnsive cars are struggling/stuck :lol:

Brilliant pics Tom! Im guessing the bonnet was an excellent sledge? :D

Yeah, went a hell of a distance, and was fast.

Must admit I was a little alarmed at seeing the bonnet used as a sedge as a young lady died up this way last Feb doing exactly the same on a Land Rover bonnet. Slipped so fast and so far she went under a low wire fence :pale:

I noticed you had the same sort of fence at the bottom of your hill.

Anyway, on a lighter note I have unearthed both Blackberries and they both fired up first time :clap: .

Even my poorly one did me proud, though I had to sit in it to keep the revs up a while which is usual for it now anyway!

Edit - Been given the go ahead to unearth kips so I'm back out into the cold again now

Edit 2 - All done and my buttocks are numb so I'm off for a bath :D

Brilliant pics Tom! Im guessing the bonnet was an excellent sledge? :D

Yeah, went a hell of a distance, and was fast.

Must admit I was a little alarmed at seeing the bonnet used as a sedge as a young lady died up this way last Feb doing exactly the same on a Land Rover bonnet. Slipped so fast and so far she went under a low wire fence :pale:

I noticed you had the same sort of fence at the bottom of your hill.

Yeah, I forgot about that. The fence is almost unreachable on the sledge, although we were trying to get enough speed up to make it up the other side to the fence :lol:

The fence is stock fencing, so will act as a large net.

More at risk from the frozen cow sh!t under the snow. Gives you a very sore arse.

Started my valver today for the first time in about 2 months :( first turn of the key and she was off. Brakes are well stuck on though, think the worn out front pads (i.e. metal back plates) might have rusted to the disks.

A pretty good covering down in South East England today... Don't think the 'rado is going anywhere for a bit...!

IMG_1619.jpg

Do I carry on trying to get the new heater matrix fitted or go inside for a cup of tea? Decisions decisions...

IMG_1624.jpg

About the only thing that was getting up my road today...

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

Hopefully the weight of the snow on it will mean I won't have to bother with getting the lowering springs fitted I had planned!

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1618.jpg

Took this today, car was out as the Golf was getting a new exhaust fitted. Decided to take it for a run. Bloody hell Id forgotten how fast it is.

Took this today, car was out as the Golf was getting a new exhaust fitted. Decided to take it for a run. Bloody hell Id forgotten how fast it is.

Looks superb 8) have you tinted the headlights?

Looks superb 8) have you tinted the headlights?

Tinted headlight covers, will be doing the other lights as well with laminx and maybe even the numberplate.

Here is mine:

DSCF2152.JPG

DSCF2156.JPG

DSCF2155.JPG

DSCF2153.JPG

DSCF2154.JPG

And seeing as I haven't had a chance to show this off yet, here is my new gear knob and gaiter, very pleased!

DSCF2158.JPG

And seeing as I haven't had a chance to show this off yet, here is my new gear knob and gaiter, very pleased!

Hey, slightly off the subject but where did you get your new gear knob and gaiter from ? Can you still get them from VW ?

Mine are knackered an could do with changing ! :)

Hey, slightly off the subject but where did you get your new gear knob and gaiter from ? Can you still get them from VW ?

Mine are knackered an could do with changing ! :)

I bought this from ebay, although I haven't fitted the handbrake part yet.

The gear knob was from VW, £25. You can still get the OEM gaiters as well but I was quoted £136!! Once you remove the old gaiter you have to tear the plastic bottom part out (the bit that makes the bottom square) and glue it in as that ebay one doesn't have one. If that doesn't make sense you'll see what I mean when you compare your old one with the new one.

Been thawing here over the past couple of days. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way. The snowman's head fell off tonight

snow never really thawed in south wales and we ended up with around 2 or 3 inches more last night. The most snow Ive ever seen :D doubt I'll be delivering peoples tescos today

no snow here again, just alot of rain.

where the crushed snow was left had turned into ice and its bloody murder trying to walk anywhere.

some great pics going up still :clap:

Not the best pictures, but what I have on the computer right now.. They're taken last year.

Haven't taken any pictures this year, but the car's been starting even though it's been -30 :clap:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf29102008310.jpg[/attachment:2v12udla]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf22022009116.jpg[/attachment:2v12udla]

The car looks like it's freezing here - ice taps hanging from where the front lip usually goes.. :cuckoo:

09022009103.jpg[/attachment:2v12udla]