Sign in to follow this  
LukeManic

MOT Statistics Released (ONLY 3000 CORRADOS LEFT IN UK!)

Write offs, broken and ones in pieces in garages.

Thats a fair number i think

Im always a bit sceptical of figures like these when they come out. I can remember one a while back that said there were only 745 (or something) Storms left on the roads :roll:

Im always a bit sceptical of figures like these when they come out. I can remember one a while back that said there were only 745 (or something) Storms left on the roads :roll:

they're breeding.

In total, 10,155 Corrados were sold in the UK. (Includes LHD models)

So just over 3k sounds about right... just a shame that good cars are getting broken by the day!

Do you know if they were quoting purely Corrado or did they mean all Storms? As in Scirocco Storm.

old data though, id imagine there is less than that now.

scrappage crap wont of helped matters

Quite. Seems like there were endless amounts being broken in '08 and '09... I think that 3000 will have taken a serious dent! :(

all sounds about right :(

there must be more storms than G60's on the road..

hard one to call. but your probably right :pale:

Seems more like another government exercise of "Let's collect some data, and then worry whether it's actually been useful or not, realising we've actually collected the wrong data, but hey, we used up some more tax payer's money!" :lol:

Why?

Wel, if we interpret the data like we do in this thread, taking the total in each column of MOT passes makes little sense, as it doesn't say whether a car that has passed its MOT in a previous year has in the meantime been scrapped, broken, SORNed or is included in the MOT figure for subsequent test years.

Anyway, much more interesting some statistics on the Autocar (?) website. Renault top the list of MOT failure rates (30%), followed by Peugeot (28%), quite a good fun read, causing lots of fun in the office here.

I heard around 260 G60s left ?! does that sound right ?

Would be nice to believe, makes a G60 very exclusive indeed 8)

Tempest

Going by those figures, 3000 odd passed, and 2000 odd failed, so still 5000ish left by my reckoning?

Surely a good number the 2000 odd fails would have been retested??

Going by those figures, 3000 odd passed, and 2000 odd failed, so still 5000ish left by my reckoning?

Surely a good number the 2000 odd fails would have been retested??

At least 1 did...mine. Failed me on a few bulbs but did an instant free retest after replacing them.

I have one SORNED so that's one less and there is no way that is getting broken!

I also know of at least another 2 SORN without trying to hard.

I would suspect that a figure of around 3000 taxed, tested and on the road is about right with a total number still in 1 piece being closer to the 5000 mark IMHO.

The hype surrounding them being future classics for the last 10 years mean that quite a good number will be locked up in storage for future use.

So just over 3k sounds about right... just a shame that good cars are getting broken by the day!

Inevitable unfortunately. VW's pricing of Corrado parts, not to mention their obsoletion policy means it's more economical to break the things.

I think it's only right that some Corrados sacrifice themselves for the good of the others. The needs of the many and all that :D

I reckon theres gonna be quite a few more than 3k left of the things.

Has to be. They're not that exclusive yet surely? :lol: