Madjackal

What are the Most Desirable Corrado Colours

I must admit I prefer:

1: Satin Siver

2: Pearl Grey

3: Mystic Blue

4: Black (what ever the correct name is for it)

5: Light Grey (what ever the correct name is for it)

The worst colours for me are:

1: Yellow

2: Any of the Greens

3: Red - but mainly because it fades to pink far to often!

same as 'corsameal' my two VR's have been green, so there davidwort :lol:

The classic green, IMO, is much more deep then Dragon,

so for that reason I'm 'Mcloven' it (sorry, just watched 'Superbad')

Twilight violet is stunning also

For your stand out / go-speed racer colours the nugget is spot on,

was really hanging on for any blue shade vr when was buying, but the green storm was at a great price.

Fav colour = Mystic blue

least fav = black

My top 5 goes:

1) Mystic Blue

2) Moonlight Blue (which I've been lucky enough to own one in this colour, they're rarer than they should be)

3) Blackberry

4) Genesis Blue (the colour the G60 Jet limited editions came in)

5) Aqua Blue

I'm working on converting as many people as a I can to Talengrau (Forest grey) :wink:

My top 5 goes:

1) Mystic Blue

2) Moonlight Blue (which I've been lucky enough to own one in this colour, they're rarer than they should be)

3) Blackberry

5) Aqua Blue

I'm working on converting as many people as a I can to Talengrau (Forest grey) :wink:

Hey John :) Didn't the CCGB have the numbers of each colour sold in the UK, that would settle this rather than personal preferences.

Good to see Blackberry in your top 5 though, it's also the fastest colour :wink:

My top 5 goes:

1) Mystic Blue

3) Blackberry

5) Aqua Blue

Hey John :) Didn't the CCGB have the numbers of each colour sold in the UK, that would settle this rather than personal preferences.

Good to see Blackberry in your top 5 though, it's also the fastest colour :wink:

yeah agree with Bill , love to know the actual number of each colour sold in the UK

Bill you know moonlightblue is faster lol :wink:

Thats awesome, thanks for the input there guys.

Basically I know that my Insurers will say its a 15 year old car and so its worth £10. If I dispute the offer they will ask for evidence to justify an increase. There are only 16 VRs on autotrader and the average price is about £3,300 so I have printed off these pages, also I have found a website that comes up with independant valuations and offers an average of £3 - £4k. So i'll wait for the offer and then just write a shitty letter saying its not acceptable and see what happens. When I had the same thing with my old G60 I got a cheque for £800, did the above, and they send me an additional cheque for £1200.

Anyway......

The point of this is to try to bolster the evidence that although my car has high mileage it is a desirable colour. In hind sight I probably should have said all this at the start and then ran a new thread with everyone saying that blackberry is the best, then I could screen print and send it to the Insurers.

See while they bang on about 'inate value', the true value is whatever somone is willing to pay for something, if everyone says one particular colour is best then it is more sought after, and therefore worth more, and whether insurers like it or not that s**t is valid.

Also for anyone else in this position if you dont like a total loss offer on your car, tell your insurers you'll complain to the finacial ombudsman if you dont get your way cos it costs them £500 to defend a claim to the ombudsman, win or lose, so they may as well pay you the extra you want and not run the risk.

Crazy has all my copies so cant look it up, pretty sure blackberry was most comon amongst females for sales at dealers too! :lol: Not kidding either!

My faves are:

Black magic (timeless classic) :wink:

Moonlight blue

mystic blue

ice violet

classic green

:wave:

Thats awesome, thanks for the input there guys.

Basically I know that my Insurers will say its a 15 year old car and so its worth £10. If I dispute the offer they will ask for evidence to justify an increase. There are only 16 VRs on autotrader and the average price is about £3,300 so I have printed off these pages, also I have found a website that comes up with independant valuations and offers an average of £3 - £4k. So i'll wait for the offer and then just write a **** letter saying its not acceptable and see what happens. When I had the same thing with my old G60 I got a cheque for £800, did the above, and they send me an additional cheque for £1200.

Anyway......

The point of this is to try to bolster the evidence that although my car has high mileage it is a desirable colour. In hind sight I probably should have said all this at the start and then ran a new thread with everyone saying that blackberry is the best, then I could screen print and send it to the Insurers.

See while they bang on about 'inate value', the true value is whatever somone is willing to pay for something, if everyone says one particular colour is best then it is more sought after, and therefore worth more, and whether insurers like it or not that s**t is valid.

Also for anyone else in this position if you dont like a total loss offer on your car, tell your insurers you'll complain to the finacial ombudsman if you dont get your way cos it costs them £500 to defend a claim to the ombudsman, win or lose, so they may as well pay you the extra you want and not run the risk.

The importance of getting an agreed valuation.

My top 5 goes:

1) Mystic Blue

3) Blackberry

5) Aqua Blue

If the CCGB did have that information I wasn't aware of it, which is a shame if they did have it and it's been lost to time. I'm not ashamed that there is definately a "theme" to the colours I selected, but I've always liked Blackberry Bill, it's the colour I originally looked (unsuccessfully) when I bought my first Corrado back in 1998.

As for Blackberry being the fastest colour, I suspect that the owner of one particular Aqua Blue car is readying herself for an argument with you on that point, haha

As for Blackberry being the fastest colour, I suspect that the owner of one particular Aqua Blue car is readying herself for an argument with you on that point, haha

:lol: indeedy surprised she aint been roused already Ha Ha!

:lol: indeedy surprised she aint been roused already Ha Ha!

Bears hibernate until around the end of March Kip. After that I'm guessing it's "let the games begin", LOL. You'd think A1VR6 would have learned his lesson after the 2005 Castle Howard show wouldn't you (I can't believe it's already that long ago!)

It is quite eye-opening when you realise just what great colours they did for the Corrado... especially when you compare with what colours you can buy today on new cars, even Coupe's like the Audi TT. I guess people are so afraid of their resale values they dare not buy anything other than black/blue/silver/white!