Sign in to follow this  
vagman

Day 2 day life with a your corrado!

Well i am ready for summer,this will be my first year with a corrado as it was bought in october! Dont know about you guys, but as mine is in a heated garage over the bad months its all ready to roll :grin: but i would like to say this to you guys and girls that run yours all year round, i take my hat off to you all :notworthy: I sit here and read all the problems whether it be breakdowns, stolen C's, vandalisim, genral wear and tear, accidents. Not sure if i am worthy or ever will be worthy of the true corrado enthusiast title, but for those of you who are, you are the ones that keep people enthusiastic about corrados!

So who else only plays out in the sunshine! And who of you drive come rain or shine???

Yip yip !! Daily runner. Got some black spots on my borbets now though from the sh1tty weather so wish I'd thought to get winter wheels :(

Ive got a daily Golf but only really as I have car allowance from work and need a 5dr. This winter is the first time Ive ever taken a car of the road and only used in in decent weather. Must say it does get a right good seeing to when I do drive it though, thats what there built for.

I've had mine best part of 13 and a half years - and used it just about daily, some holidays excepted.

It had about 35k miles on when I bought it, now somethig like 195k miles - not exactly sure as the speedo was changed when the engine was swapped to 24V.

Daily driver for me, although the miles have taken their toll and it seems the last few months have been a bit heavy on costs but hopefully now nearly all the running gear is new it should be okay for a few thousand more yet. :D I remember a few years ago me and some friends all had lotus elise's. Mine was on the road all year same as another mate. The one who took his off the road for 6 months in the winter was always the one that broke down or had problems and it cost him far more than the ones that were used often. In my opinion it does a car no favours to be stood for any length of time. They are all going to rust eventually even the nice shiny ones! Mine gets a good whipping when i have the chance, just love the howl of the VR when its winding up. Thats why i bought one, to drive.

My c is the only car i own. I drive it daily to work and love every second of it. 6.30 a.m. = empty mid-wales A roads that are kept in top condition + cold air + front intercooler/oil cooler = :norty:

I do hate the salt that's all over the roads at the moment here as the car is constantly looking dirty :| tho underneath everything is sealed up well so no worries there. I also have a 11 month old baby and he fits in the back a treat too and he loves to go shopping in the car on weekends. As soon as the engine starts he really happy and when ever we stop he instantly starts to cry.

I luvs it. :grin:

used mine as a daily till about a month ago have had 2 daily vr6 done about 70k in 2years in em and even though the company vans gonna save me loads im really gone miss driving it everyday.

mort

You guys must be on to something here! I would love to drive mine on a daily basis but i work for a well known cement company and if i was to park on the works car park it would ruin my C! The chimney puffs out what they call stream but thats not all it pumps out, it sort of leaves a dust over cars and when it rains its even worse, it sort of etches onto the windows and paint which is a nightmare to clean off! As for parking it up all winter, i have been out in it the odd days but all that rain, salt, and snow has got to take its toll over a garaged car has it not? But you will know soon enough as i will be sure to post on here for advice on repairs :grin:

Daily too, as my caddy will only do about 20 miles before it starts to boil!!! :lol:

however had to take the wide rims off when it lashed down with snow as took an hour to get the car on the drive so thought was ample time to refurb them.

Run my G60 daily,just hit 160k in it.

Im at my happiest when im in my C(even with the rust and dents!) no matter what the weather.

You guys must be on to something here! I would love to drive mine on a daily basis but i work for a well known cement company and if i was to park on the works car park it would ruin my C! The chimney puffs out what they call stream but thats not all it pumps out, it sort of leaves a dust over cars and when it rains its even worse, it sort of etches onto the windows and paint which is a nightmare to clean off! As for parking it up all winter, i have been out in it the odd days but all that rain, salt, and snow has got to take its toll over a garaged car has it not? But you will know soon enough as i will be sure to post on here for advice on repairs :grin:

Do you live near Clitheroe by any chance?

I don't use mine daily as I have a works van, it does live outside on the drive though as I've no garage :(

I love using mine every day, whatever the weather :) I'm not happy about all the crap (literally) that it gets covered in but it just makes it look better once its been washed. I've got a bike i plan on using more for work to save some cash but i can usually find some excuse not to :norty:

As for a pet name i call mine VV (Violet VR), original i know!

Do you live near Clitheroe by any chance?

I don't use mine daily as I have a works van, it does live outside on the drive though as I've no garage :(

I dont live there but i have a 10mile drive to work in clitheroe! But you know where i am coming from :grin:

I love using mine every day, whatever the weather :) I'm not happy about all the crap (literally) that it gets covered in but it just makes it look better once its been washed. I've got a bike i plan on using more for work to save some cash but i can usually find some excuse not to :norty:

As for a pet name i call mine VV (Violet VR), original i know!

Exactly mate! i use mine daily and yes it gets dirty, but its an excuse to be washing it all the time! :D

i'd like to keep it garage over night to start lol. and second I'd like another car as a daily TBH