Rams

Rotrex Charged Storm: She's Gone!

Yes mate, thanks.

I tried another amp and all my problems went. So took the amp in to be repaired and should be here next week. It sounds really good though. Super clear. The base hits your stomach. Not going to have it that loud but listened to some Michael Jackson and the years came rolling off. My days of my Jetta and 2x 15 inch Rockford punch bad boys. It would vibrate my glasses off the dashboard!

Thanks again for your helpful advise

Hi all

Quick update

All the under trays have now been re trimmed in the matching leather so should now complete the front end. The handbrake handle should be ready for collection and dropping the rear seats in for trimmin at the same time.

Bought a rear cloth bench/seats for trimming so will be selling my very nice condition leather rear seats/bench if anyone is intrested?

Picking the bits up tonight so will post some nice pictures to show you what's been done.

The car goes in for paint on the 12 th of this month and need to get to an agreement with the painter as he wants to take it to bare metal but only agreeing to do the paint free of charge to one side. The side hes painted now for the 3rd time. So I have to establish if it's his fault or if it's the other guy that did the prep work?

I feel that the entire car needs re doing and that probably means stripping the exterior again which is just a pain in the you know where. Especially as its all trimmed and storing the stuff is the issue as you want to keep it clean and undamaged. The GF has already told me off for all the car bits hanging around, plus all the items in the shed! Need to do a car boot or eBay them all.

Rams

Where did you get the material to retrim your interior bits?

I have a few pieces I want to do on mine.

I would quite happily come for a chat as you're not too far from me.

Any advice appreciated.

May also have some bits off you to save me pulling my interior apart to trim it

Hi there

I use a guy that works for K Baggs in Poole. Very high end trimmers that do all the posh cars... He does most of my work at home or at his work for much less. I'm going to see him tonight to pick up the under trays but he gets the leather or alcantara through his work. I've used Porsche Knappa but he can get quite a few different types and colours.

The guy really is superb and a pleasure to deal with. You could meet me there later if you like to meet him?

I've got the late dash available that came out of mine which is mint if your looking to have one trimmed? Do you need leather rear seats/armrest? All other items are mainly engine parts and accessories. I have a few handles available but thats about it for spare interior bits.

Well I'm in branksome...

I'm sure I spotted you in Christchurch last Saturday?

I'm not free till tomorrow afternoon. Need to figure out how to get my centre tunnel out to fit the repair kit. If you're free sometime help would be appreciated and paid for in cups of tea

Your in luck, I'm a tea monister!

I don't think it was me last Saturday?

Shall I pop over at the weekend to give you a hand?

The centre tunnel has a hidden screw near and behind the ashtray at the back.... Anyone it's straight forward so just give me a shout when your free. If you want my number can PM you.

Rams

I picked up the rear door cards tonight, the under trays are now pattern cut as templates then the real leather will be matched and trimmed. He's done another great job on the rear door cards.

When the car goes in for paint I am dropping the front door cards in so he can trim the plastic strips along the top and get a neater fit where the plastic mouth grips over the leather.

It's safe to say I have the trimming bug. Rear seats now dropped off, having Alcantara on the seat backs which you see when the boot is open. Once shes painted, there might be some new wheels coming but will save that for another time. It could really set the car off and the more I look at the D90's, the more I think its time to move on. Will be for sale soon.

3rd or is it 4th time lucky? Car now back at the body shop. Spent some time with the painter and discussed the problems and solutions and he will wash the car down tomorrow and fully inspect it and mark it out.

The cills are being taken to metal so they are completely smooth, they have never been right, some bits are perfectly smooth and some you see the rubber coating below coming through. On the hunt for a slam panel so I can have this soda cleaned powder coated and painted and at the same time my spare bonnet will be stripped and resprayed and will keep a spare bonnet. One for best!

Going to see if the last bit of roof sinkage will come out if not, the roof is being re done. The complete driver side and passenger side will be re done. Also the deleted side repeaters have started to rust out on one side so that's being cut out and re welded and painted. Will check the passenger side deleted repeater to make sure that's sealed in otherwise it's just going to rust from the inside out. The painter spotted that in his defence.

I've said to keep the car as long as you need it as I want it done right once and for all. Sooner or later she will be back with a punch!

Hi there!

Missing the car a little now, but on a happier note, the rear seats are almost finished. Just some fine tuning with heat and a clean needed. The undertrays are almost finished and I have some photos of progress. The vent inserts will be trimmed he haqsnt got round to doing them but hes had fun doing the under trays.

So the entire car would have been retrimmed except the front seats. More or less, the interior will be complete once I find some front recaros. Working out with the trimmer if we can avoid re screwing through the leather to mount the under trays. Have a few ideas and will see what it looks like first.

Question - are the seat height adjustment pull levers the same for Recaro front seats and standard leather seats? You can probably guess why I ask?

The rear seats backs have been trimmed in Alcantara which will blend in when the boot area is trimmed in Alcantara. I cant wait to have her back and to finally have the enterior all back in. Its been nearly a year and a half with missing bits here and there and have never fully appreciated the interior.

Thanks guys,

Might have to insist that no jeans are worn with metal tags!

My original leather rear seats will be for sale soon if anyone wants them? They are in excellent condition. (Black leather) failing that, is the best place ebay to move them on? What sort of money do you think I should ask or is reasonable? Rear seat bench and seats.

Hopefully in the next week or 2 I should have her back.

LOL!

No punks allowed! New Rule

Blimey, just hope they dont wear their jeans inside out!

Corrado recaros have electric height adjustment. So no, the height adjustment 'lever' is not the same as standard seats.

Shes's back where she belongs!!

Picked her up earlier this evening from the spray painter after a bit of fun and games shall we say but only had a quick inspection as it was raining. But it looks good. So I'm pleased.

Managed a few snaps whilst filling up with some v power goodness

Oooomph! :) Very Nice mate, hope all is good on further inspection. I hate body shops with a vengence! You just have to be on at them all the fecking time Grrr!

What were the fun and games then this time? Looking awesome and shiny mate. Dare I ask, I know it will never be 'finished' but is it fully back together? Dash, under trays etc.

SPoke to John about trying to book this curry, also still waiting for these bloody mk4 rears before I get the rotrex fitted. Thinking we should have a southern rolling road day. ;)

Hey guys,

The fun and games...... its a bit of a long story, will save that one for the curry night but he re did the driverside issues, new rear quatre glass in as I was never happy with the extra silicone used to cover a damage rubber when the old was removed when it was painted the first time. The door card didnt fit quite right as you coukld see a bigger gap between rear door card and window. Now sorted and tidy.

The interior is nearly there. I'm quite looking forward to seeing it all in. Everything will look brand new except for my front seats!

Kip, your not wrong mate. If only we could paint ourselves!

Craig, lets set a date for Curry night. John will never turn a curry down and we can let him know when. You have been waiting ages, are they coming via donkey?

I'm debating now what to do next in terms of performance? Hurry up and get that blower fitted so I can see what its like

Bought a set of mk4 rears off eBay, but he sent one 38mm and one 41mm so I've asked for 2 38mm pistons. He's waiting for an Audi a3 to come in to then send me a new set. Taking a while tho!

Once I've got them they'll need painting and then I can get down to getting it all fitted! Got new rotrex oil, intake pipes, filter etc all sat here waiting to go on!!

That looks spot on. Not usually a fan of wing vents, but that is really subtle. Wheels and spacing are right on the money as well. Job done, sit back and light your pipe for a job well done.

Cheers James,

Appreciate your comments, some like and some don't like the vent but as the car is dark coloured it doesn't jump out at you and surely it must give me 25 bhp more power! Lol