Rams

Rotrex Charged Storm: She's Gone!

Hey,

The rear door cards are in and rear seats, just about to put the seat belt clips on and a few other bits and give her a quick wash. I will try and get all the undertrays fitted tomorrow if I can find a place to stick the very large front cross overs.

The leather needs a clean and final fittment as I will be replacing some bent clips so they are all clicked in place. so the pictures show the dust and dirt etc so will try and tidy that up tomorrow.

The rear of the seats have been alcantara trimmed which will start flowing with the boot re trim that will follow.

update in a bit

Edited by Rams

Looking good mate, your having the boot trimmed in alcantara now? Where will it end :) did you still have those seals for the mk4 calipers? Think they're the same as rado ones? Trying to get hold of chubby about potential fitting next week?

Oh and we aiming for 15th for this curry with John?

looking good. very flipping good mate!! they look ace but why the rear seat change? colour??

Hi Craig, curry night sounds good and date works for me.. Is that a confirmed date and if so, shall we book or have you booked a table?

Re seals. I will have a look and double check.... Good luck with fitting the blower, my dad is at Chubbys tomorrow having his car checkout.

Buddy, I wanted to have all matching trim and as I've changed everything to Porsche Nappa leather, the rear seats needed done and door cards. Now all in leather- no vinyl! Hopefully my old seats will sell.

Appreciate the comments as always. The trimmer said he would do a final fit and clean/heat areas just to make things spot on. I need to collect my handbrake handle once that's done and he's doing the parcel shelf next and boot liner and sides.

Going to go for a spin to later with my adjuster and play around with the stiffness. I think the front are too soft and the rear. I noticed some rubbing on my near side tyre wall but they were slightly worn as they were rubbing on the previous car.... But I might need to lift the rear just a small amount. Then re seal the inner arch as some of the sealant has been rubbed away.

Edited by Rams

I will be making every effort to make it, will see who else might be going along from my neck of the woods. Hope to catch up with you

winner... im the ugly 1 in my avatar pic, look out for me mate. be good to have a natter & i really want to see/ smell your interior!!

Lol.

It does smell good. So, I will look out for someone with a screw driver and a van! Ha ha. I'll make sure I don't leave the car unlocked!

Just confirmed with Craig and we will be heading up for National day, if we can meet people along the way even better.

what a luxurious looking car Rams. No vinyl, all leather. Excellent.

Cheers buddy, still no nice front recaro seats so it still looks unfinished as the 2 main seats are the standard ones... I keep trying to imagine them as nice trimmed recaros until I think how much it will cost me!

Hopefully a ragged set will come up for sensible money as they will be re trimmed. I'd like to finish off the interior and then look at wheels which are the next calling. I must say, I've enjoyed the drive at the weekend, the Gfriend is away for a week with a course so I've had some Corrado time.

Do you think RH ZW1's would suit my car? I've read that they are heavy but I do keep looking at them and know of a couple of sets that are for sale.

i think there are few people who dont like the ZW1s, but like you say i understand they'rea bit on the heavy side. They would look very sophisticated on your car though.

Had the sunroof deflector colour coded, managed to get a coat of was on and attend to some niggles here and there.

Have a bit of work to do toget the cross overs mounted for the front speakers. I fear the dash may need to come out to have them installed neatly otherwise its the undertrays or Glove box?

Met with Phil - nice chap who bought my rear leather seats. His Corrado looks nice and original.

Attempted to go to the Dub at the Pub event on Sunday but the carpark was full and didnt want to leave my Car un attended.

Hoping for a good day out next sunday and to have a good catch up and put names to faces if attending the National day, will be leaving from Bournemouth and be great to tag along with any others going from the direction. Obviously, safe and slow!

A few important updates, in a couple of weeks shes going into have the entire underneath stripped off and cleaned and steamed cleaned, any rust lurking around will be sorted and re sealed. Its something I just want to get done and have piece of mind with all the other work thats gone on, it would be a shame to have a failing under neath. All generally looks and sounds good but Ive been caught out with the driver side cill so once bitten twice shy procedure.

Oh, I bought some wheels! just waiting on delivery and should give me the summer look I wanted. Hope it suits the car but I have a feeling they will fit the bill nicely.

The dog was not drugged BTW, she was just dizzy watching me wax on wax off

Rams

Nice touch on the sunroof deflector. Mine need tidying up so I was planning to paint it black again. Did you remove yours or mask it up before spraying in situ?

I had it removed and painted off the car. It wasn't fitted for months but finally the painter did it. He actually painted it black a while ago and forgot I'd asked for it to be colour coded so when it went in recently he did it them.

I did notice today the tiny holder that the metal arms move into/ a type of guide one of the tabs is broken on the driverside. It's still holding but I couldn't tell if this tiny part could be removed as there was quite a bit of grease covering it all up. I doubt it is though?

I do prefer it being colour coded, even gave it a coat of wax. Should see a few more horses I recon! Ha ha.

Hey mate,

keep looking out for your car on my travels but haven't spotted you yet.... I'm over towards Swanage but often driving around b'mth

Shame you missed Dubs at the Pub, was quite a good weekend... i was there with the boys from Vas Works, they had an R8 GT on the stand, quite a piece of kit....caused lots of interest, mainly good but there was some total drunk moron who threw a bit of astro turf at it on sat nite, unbelievable! car was fine though.

Also won best t5 in the show n shine which was a result, still nobody rushed to their pockets and bought it!!

You are right, was super busy on Sunday.....think quite a few people turned up just for the show n shine, event seems to be getting bigger, cool when its on our doorstep!

Hey, was a shame but next year will get there early. The weather was so nice as well! Well done on wining the show n shine, at least you can add that to your sales pitch/advert.

I rarely drive the C during the week, mainly bombing about in my van and look forward to a nice day and weekend to enjoy the rado. Get in touch when your next around... R u planning to attend National Day?

Thinking of ways to bring more local corrados together

i bloody love that sunroof deflector. is it something youve seen done before? Never thought of that.

Wish i needed other paint to justify doing mine too!

I did the mirror surrounds and headlight plastic trim and thought the deflector was next in line. Plus my one needed tidying up regardless and knew it would be subtle and give a cleaner line. Thanks for the positive feedback

Matey, looking at the above pic with the close up of your rear wheel. I wondered if I could pick your brains. My wheels are 16x8j and when first fitted they caught the rear inner of the arch so I had to remove the lip to stop that and then they still caught so I had to lift the car. Question is I still seem to get quite a bit of travel in the coilovers that are not that old. Yours on the other hand seems to be wide wheels with a low set up and the wheels seem very close to the arch, did you have a similar problem and if so how did you sort it as I am nervous about putting people in the back. Is it a case of looking for shocks and springs with less travel or do i need to flare the arches.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62781[/ATTACH]

It now sits a little higher than this picture to stop arch rub. It looks fine, but at the height it was in this pic it still caught over some bumps on duel carriageways and seemed to travel quite alot.

Cheers

Jim

Edited by Human Joist

Hey,

I had quite a bit of extensive work with my arches. Especially the rears.

The tub was cut open, arch flared, welded and sealed etc.

I get an occasional rub on one side, so I too lifted her slightly as it was just big bumps in the road but I stiffened up my fronts as they were a bit soft and have less motion because of it. One could look at camber bolts to adjust the settings to give you some more camber which is something I'm considering as I've ordered new wheels. My wheels are spaced out as they spacer adapters and perhaps you could try the same or reduce what you have if you have a spacer. Otherwise, going under the blade maybe the best solution if your not happy with it sitting a touch higher.

If your attending Sunday- national day, we could chat a bit more about it. Plus I can have a better look.

Is it catching the outer or inner part of the arch?

I did the mirror surrounds and headlight plastic trim and thought the deflector was next in line. Plus my one needed tidying up regardless and knew it would be subtle and give a cleaner line. Thanks for the positive feedback

Wicked looking dog mate!! Car looks OK to :lol: did you de-seam your mirrors?

Guys, I replaced the mirror housing trim today with thanks to Bryan for sending so quickly..... However, the painter has bogged things up. My trim would never sit flush with against the window scrapper end. I removed the trim and found silicone or hard mastic holding the centra broken tab.... Then noticed where I had the mirror casing colour coded, the lug was broken and it had been bonded in. So not very happy he didn't say anything. Also, what it revealed once I had installed everything correctly that there's a small 4 mm crease where he's tried pushing the trim in and possibly where i had been trying to push it in. So not sure what to do now. Now the trim is flush you seen the creased paint just below the trim.

Hopefully a repair can be made as its a small area but I fear I may have to repaint the bloody door again and maybe the side so it's all matching. Will see.

Fixed one of the doors as it wasn't popping, broken wire. Possibly where the painter removed the mirror when he last painted it. But I'm done with that guy, he's not touching my car again. I can't even be bothered to pull him up on it. What's done is done and even my father said - sac him off!

Fitted some new rubber lugs into slam panel for where the grill located into 3 places. It had lots of felting around it to stop it rattling but tidied that up and now the grill is granite. It was a bit loose before when cleaning it I could feel it moving a little.

Fixed a trims and replaced push fixings.

Got to remove and rear door cards tomorrow and replace poppers and take one of the rear seats out as I have spotted an issue with the trim at the back. Only visable when the parcel shelf is up. The trimmer apologised and said he was ashamed to have let it go out like that so he will sort it tomorrow hopefully. I was supposed to take it to him a few days ago so it was all done for Sunday but I may just leave the seat with him so he doesn't rush it. Hoping my hand brake handle is trimmed so I can get my car back together. It's been naked for nearly 2 years.

Re my dog, Jasmine. She's my first dog and all I can say is this bread is crazy and highly strung. But I love her to bits. I was quite sad reading someone post about their dog being out down. I wanted to reply but there's nothing really one can say as it must be very hard to come to terms with. I can even bare thinking about it.