VR6

Bad Salesman & Bad Buyer Thread

Guys, this thread is here for members to air any grievances they've had while buying items through the forums classified section, not to rant about poor service from tuning companies or on Ebay :eek:

Sorry, can you move my rant/observations :grin: to a more appropriate thread then please? feel people should know about this as being expected to send photocopied driving licences and credit cards accross the atlantic to BBM is asking for trouble in mine and my Banks opinion!

Feel free to start a thread in the Suppliers section mate - As long as you keep to the FACTS of course! Name calling etc will just end up with us being threatened with law suits! (trust me, it's happened before!)

To be hair towards Andy_vw/ I emailed him and emailed him and got no response. However when i emailed him asking for my money back, he did within about an hour of me asking for it. So im sure you'll get your cash back even if you dont get the loom.

To be hair towards Andy_vw/ I emailed him and emailed him and got no response. However when i emailed him asking for my money back, he did within about an hour of me asking for it. So im sure you'll get your cash back even if you dont get the loom.

I hope so, although I've been emailing him with that request for several weeks with no response...

I hope so, although I've been emailing him with that request for several weeks with no response...

Oh really?? :?

Oh really?? :?[/quote:304mwkx6]

Yup. I sent him a PM on the 1st March which is uncollected, emailed his ntlworld address on the 7th and 20th, and tried his own .co.uk address about 3 days ago. Deafening silence all round.

Right Now I've managed to get on here for a while.... Been blocked through the work server and don't have i/net at home at the moment.

I'm amazed that so many people NOT involved managed to get onto this thred (Mods included). I've explained to Stu the whys and wherefores of payment (which I'm not going into on a public forum) and I hope he's happy as to why it's taken a lot longer than I would have liked to get money to him.

Stu as an aside Mic didn't make the 'Pod so I still have that Little something waiting for you. 8)

As to Dan (Stony) comments, I picked up the breaks from Mark at the weekend as I didn't want to be accused of using stuff I haven't paid for... But to my surprise the "Black Diamond" discs aren't.... they appear to be some sort of groved disc... so not really happy at buying one thing and recieving another... but I accept mistakes happen and I hope they are the 16v items and you've not got confused with some other discs lying about? :shrug:

Right Now I've managed to get on here for a while.... Been blocked through the work server and don't have i/net at home at the moment.

I'm amazed that so many people NOT involved managed to get onto this thred (Mods included). I've explained to Stu the whys and wherefores of payment (which I'm not going into on a public forum) and I hope he's happy as to why it's taken a lot longer than I would have liked to get money to him.

Stu as an aside Mic didn't make the 'Pod so I still have that Little something waiting for you. 8)

As to Dan (Stony) comments, I picked up the breaks from Mark at the weekend as I didn't want to be accused of using stuff I haven't paid for... But to my surprise the "Black Diamond" discs aren't.... they appear to be some sort of groved disc... so not really happy at buying one thing and recieving another... but I accept mistakes happen and I hope they are the 16v items and you've not got confused with some other discs lying about? :shrug:

oh right? im pretty sure they were black diamond ones, if you want to return them sometime and get your money back thats fine with me. But if not they will be 16V items as i bought them both at the same time from Awesome Gti, coming in a Neuspeed box if i remember correctly? as i was going to upgrade the front brake setup on one of my old cars...

S'ok as long as they are 16v items... So could be Neuspeed discs then? Done a search and think the possibly could be Pagid like the pads?

I'm amazed that so many people NOT involved managed to get onto this thred (Mods included).

You mean me... Who text you to tell you about this????

I'm amazed that so many people NOT involved managed to get onto this thred (Mods included).

You mean me... Who text you to tell you about this????

Nah mate, cheers for the text though..

Glad this all sorted now. Stu, still have that bottle of You know what hanging about courtesy of Mic's niece arriving... If Mic's not at Big Bang I may have to replace it! :drinking: :drinking:

Evening gents.

My sincerest aplogies for those of you that are missing parts, i have been out of the country on business for 6-12 months, and i have not been ont his ite for months, as i dont drive my corrado anymore, or use the associated email for this account either.

I only found out today that i had some overdue business on here, when i googled Khurrado.

I have emailed those that i recall, pls anyone else, add to this thread.

Shawn - Parts did not arrive, i owe you £150. Email me.

Johnnyboy - Window switch, i forgot to send before i went abroad, i owe you £11.

Dave16v, i owe you the abs switch that you sent back to me, i will psot it to you as agreed.......months ago, after you sent it back to me.

Trev? £10 for pass door seal.

Crispy, £30 for subframe.

If there is anyone else, please let me know on this thread ,i will keep my eyes on it from now on.

Oh dear, sorry again, i was away on business. But i'm back now, got a job in guildford, not going anywhere, no excuses.

I have pmed shawn. Johnny, trevb, crispy can you pm me please with paypal, bank details so i can transfer the cash ASAP.

Dave i cant be arsed looking for the switch, i will just put cashin your account too.

Sorry fellas for f ing up on these, it's mental breaking a car and keepinga ll records together, particurly when you get hundreds of pms a week, and lose sight of things.

So i just want this all sorted, and over with. :salute:

Evening gents.

My sincerest aplogies for those of you that are missing parts, i have been out of the country on business for 6-12 months, and i have not been ont his ite for months, as i dont drive my corrado anymore, or use the associated email for this account either.

I only found out today that i had some overdue business on here, when i googled Khurrado.

I have emailed those that i recall, pls anyone else, add to this thread.

Shawn - Parts did not arrive, i owe you £150. Email me.

Johnnyboy - Window switch, i forgot to send before i went abroad, i owe you £11.

Dave16v, i owe you the abs switch that you sent back to me, i will psot it to you as agreed.......months ago, after you sent it back to me.

Trev? £10 for pass door seal.

Crispy, £30 for subframe.

If there is anyone else, please let me know on this thread ,i will keep my eyes on it from now on.

Oh dear, sorry again, i was away on business. But i'm back now, got a job in guildford, not going anywhere, no excuses.

I have pmed shawn. Johnny, trevb, crispy can you pm me please with paypal, bank details so i can transfer the cash ASAP.

Dave i cant be arsed looking for the switch, i will just put cashin your account too.

Sorry fellas for f ing up on these, it's mental breaking a car and keepinga ll records together, particurly when you get hundreds of pms a week, and lose sight of things.

So i just want this all sorted, and over with. :salute:

PM'd paypal details for the subframe, Cheers K.

To those of you who dont know, i bought a gearbox from Jimmi and paid for it last year (Feb March 2007). To date it still has no arrived despite phonecalls, pms, texts etc. I've had some very good help from fellow forum members in trying to get a resolution to this, but without success on his part. He has, on several occasions said that the goods have been sent but he has neither sent any courier details nor a tracking number, again despite requests. So basically he has taken my money and run off with it - and we know what that is called. After a year of giving him the benefit of the doubt its now gone beyond sensibility.

Anyway, is been over a year so there is absolutely no justification for this behaviour and as a result i have lost £220. So as a stark warning to anyone who feels crazy enough to trade with the guy - DONT!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT.

I find it a real shame to have to post this as it goes against both my nature and the nature of the forum. I will be using other means to recover my stolen monies where possible, but at the moment i have no goods and a much lighter wallet.

I hope this serves as a warning to all other forum members and i felt it necessary that you should all know.

In the past people have complained and i remember one irate forum member who was 'done over' as well. He was correct although there was someone who was trying to defend Jimmi!! Bizarre.

Feel free to comment, but until i receive my goods or my money back .... Mod Edit

I hope my loss helps others to avoid the same problem.

Mod Edit: Had to remove a comment as it's quite libellous and possible to land us in trouble if we allow such things to be said. VR6

Still not resolved then Hasan?

Bummer :(

I'm not sure Off Topic is the best place to put this thread but best of luck trying to recover the money or extract a gearbox out of him.

Without trying to criticise, I would suggest larger items such as gearboxes and engines are best collected in person. I just don't trust couriers with large objects like that, and from what I gather of previous discussions on this, most of the hassle stemmed from you not being at home on the day of the delivery? Did they just take it back to the sender then? Or something?

Mmm, news to me about not being at home on the day of the delivery. There was no card left, and i was not given any tracking number, or courier contact number to follow up myself, despite asking for it 1001 times. Who told you that?

Anyway, i think you're quite right about deliveries of large items - unfortunately i have been stung again by someone else, although they have told me that they will be sending be some of the money as a refund. And his communication (the second one!) is far better, he normally gets back to me.

I'm not going to bring that one up because teh person in question has been making some efforts, although thats been going on for a fair few months now too. What is it with me and buying stuff off the forum? :(

Oh btw, please feel free to move this to wherever you think is best.

Ah OK, I thought you knew that. Must have been in a PM to the mods where I read that then, my bad!

It's a bit of a mess really. Not sure it will ever get resolved tbh.

Don't lose faith, not everyone is shonky salesman :wink:

Ah OK, I thought you knew that. Must have been in a PM to the mods where I read that then, my bad!

It's a bit of a mess really. Not sure it will ever get resolved tbh.

Don't lose faith, not everyone is shonky salesman :wink:

Nah, dont think it will. Never mind. People have suffered greater losses and recovered. Just spoils the amosphere and community of the forum though.

I am having a very bad situation with the seller " 4low " His name is potentially James "Jamie" Simms . I paid for Euro Headlights and Seatbelt conversion to be sent to the US --200 quid. I requested that once payment was received (June 2nd) that the seller provide me with shipping weight and dimensions of the package. The last contact I had with him he mentioned he would be out of town for one week and would respond with the information when he came back. I agreed to this. After multiple other messages sent to him after a week and a half was up with no response I began the dispute process with paypal. I am afraid that even though I will likely win this dispute there is a good chance I will not get my money back from this seller. If anyone is familiar with him please help me out as I am in the US and it looks as if I have been completely screwed. This is a substantial amount of money to me and to be out that much is just ridiculous.

I am having a very bad situation with the seller " 4low " His name is potentially James "Jamie" Simms . I paid for Euro Headlights and Seatbelt conversion to be sent to the US --200 quid. I requested that once payment was received (June 2nd) that the seller provide me with shipping weight and dimensions of the package. The last contact I had with him he mentioned he would be out of town for one week and would respond with the information when he came back. I agreed to this. After multiple other messages sent to him after a week and a half was up with no response I began the dispute process with paypal. I am afraid that even though I will likely win this dispute there is a good chance I will not get my money back from this seller. If anyone is familiar with him please help me out as I am in the US and it looks as if I have been completely screwed. This is a substantial amount of money to me and to be out that much is just ridiculous.

That is a lot of money for those items. I have sent heavy stuff to the US and it has taken at least 6 weeks to get there via surface post. He might have sent it that way?

I have now pm'ed and problem explained hopefully slcoop will confirm this info.

cheers jamie.

I hate to do this.

Id like to describe the following situation i am having with andy_vw and his uprated lighting looms. (See this thread)

I'd like to hear if he has played the cnut with any other members, or indeed if anyone who knows him IRL has a better explanation as to what may be going on. Did anyone get one of the magical looms ??!

Regrettably I'm suffering from the same problem with the same supplier about the same part.

andy_vw came back on to the thread at the back end of last year with apologies and excuses, and I was one of a few who took him at his word and PayPal'ed the funds to him for one of his wiring looms. From what I've read they are excellent, and I was willing to give him another chance. However, there's now been a deafening silence for a couple of months, he's not picking up his PMs and emails to his NTL address are going unanswered.

A real shame - I'm in the process of opening a dispute with PayPal, although I'm not overly optimistic.

Has anyone come across andy_vw recently? PMs on this forum aren't being collected and I still haven't heard from him, so this issue is still unresolved. PayPal didn't want to know and I'm guessing that the other members who paid up front for the mythical wiring looms have also been stiffed. I got mine eventually from KUR2Y and I'm very happy with them, but dealing with andy_vw has been a real disappointment.

Do any of the mods know him?

Cheers