VR6

Bad Salesman & Bad Buyer Thread

Ok dude.

Really sorry to hear that mate. Must be a really hard time for you.

No rush with the part mate.

I'll email you later on.

Nearly two months ago now I purchased a set of tinted red rear lights, or rather I didn't, I paid the guy, falconer01 from this forum by cheque and everything seemed to be fine, communication was received from him saying he had received the cheque, cheque was cashed and he said he would post next day, item never turned up.

I text him as he gave me his number, he said he had sent it, a couple more days past and I text him again, he said Royal Mail lost the parcel but as it was insured he would send me a cheque back. Sounds fair enough but the cheque never turned up, after I text him and tried phoning him a couple of times and eventually he answered, he said he got his wife to send the cheque but that she must not have done, he then said he would pay me by bank transfer in a couple of days, this was 3 weeks ago since then I have sent emails, plenty of texts and tried phoning several times a day but he never answers.

Anyone had any experience of falconer01 or any ideas??

Not posted for ages but was last here on the 14th of Oct 08.

One of the Mods can drop him a PM but not sure it will have any result. Has he been reading your PM's? i.e have they left your outbox?

The messages have definitely been sending, also he has definitely received texts and has been ignoring them and my calls, in fact today his wife answered his mobile and said she had no idea what I was talking about, She then said he was coming through the front door so would pass me over, then the phone hung up and was turned off after that.

I don't think there is anything I can really do, just lose out he's clearly not intending to pay

Sounds like hes definitely stiffed you otherwise he would have spoken to you about it. Im sure you haven't lost a great amount but thats not the point. I bet he thinks you will just give up. If it were me, Id ring him everyday until he refunded the money. Even if he dosen't pay, hell have to buy a new phone.

Dazfxvw - small order so not so bad compared with others i've unfortunately dealt with. Bit disappointed as i sent payment weeks back for an auto gear surround. Spoke a few times, seems a nice enough chap, some positive emails but still nothing received. Might just be a one-off, but annoying nonetheless.

If it were me, Id ring him everyday until he refunded the money. Even if he dosen't pay, hell have to buy a new phone.

I've been doing that, i get to send 3000 texts a month as part of my contract, if nothing else i'll just piss him off!

lowandwide-

Purchased a leg heater vent, small piece of plastic and not worth very much so isnt causeing a great deal of hassle, but its the principle.

Took weeks to arrive after lots of messages and posts, he apologised and said he had sent an email explaining (i did not recieve one) and couldn't get to a computer to sort things out (how did i apparently recieve an email?) and didnt have the money to post the item (he claims he had to borrow money to post it....... it would cost £1)

Anyway, after a very long wait. The item arrived, but not grey as expected. It WAS grey........ but someone had attemped a really.... really bad spray job to turn it black!!

So i sent him a message to explain what i had recieved was not what was expected (about 2 weeks ago)and he has not replied since

Regards,

Kunaal

Anyone on here who knows of me will know that I don't complain about people unless they've done something to really take the p!ss...

This is the first time I've had to mention someone in this bad buyer thread... :bad-words:

Das Golf (Nathan Blackmore) agreed to buy a load of bits for an auto->manual conversion off J-Dub when I scrapped her... I did him a good price with discount for bulk buying stuff and agreed to hold it for a while when I got it off the car until he could organise a courier... once the parts were off the car he started to mention that he also wanted other parts including the seat BASES from the front seats and said that he'd pay the cost for the full set of seats, but only wanted the front seat bases to use for converting some Porsche seats he had... I boxed everything up, weighed them so he could get a courier organised, and generally did everything I could to help with an easy purchase for him...

He sent me a text 2 weeks ago apologising for the delays and blaming everything on someone who hasn't yet paid him some money via paypal, but now I can't get hold of him... He's received several PMs from me (I've made sure he's got them) and emails, but has changed his mobile number (or just doesn't have it switched on anymore) and isn't replying... He's not paid me anything, and I've not sent anything to him, but I've held these things for him, turning down other buyers and have destroyed a perfectly good pair of front seats for him which I doubt I'll be able to sell now... :mad2:

My advice to anyone is not to sell anything to him unless he sends payment as soon as he agrees to buy something... and definitely not to hold any parts for him... :brickwall:

Anyone on here who knows of me will know that I don't complain about people unless they've done something to really take the p!ss...

This is the first time I've had to mention someone in this bad buyer thread... :bad-words:

Das Golf (Nathan Blackmore) agreed to buy a load of bits for an auto->manual conversion off J-Dub when I scrapped her... I did him a good price with discount for bulk buying stuff and agreed to hold it for a while when I got it off the car until he could organise a courier... once the parts were off the car he started to mention that he also wanted other parts including the seat BASES from the front seats and said that he'd pay the cost for the full set of seats, but only wanted the front seat bases to use for converting some Porsche seats he had... I boxed everything up, weighed them so he could get a courier organised, and generally did everything I could to help with an easy purchase for him...

He sent me a text 2 weeks ago apologising for the delays and blaming everything on someone who hasn't yet paid him some money via paypal, but now I can't get hold of him... He's received several PMs from me (I've made sure he's got them) and emails, but has changed his mobile number (or just doesn't have it switched on anymore) and isn't replying... He's not paid me anything, and I've not sent anything to him, but I've held these things for him, turning down other buyers and have destroyed a perfectly good pair of front seats for him which I doubt I'll be able to sell now... :mad2:

My advice to anyone is not to sell anything to him unless he sends payment as soon as he agrees to buy something... and definitely not to hold any parts for him... :brickwall:

Henny, he has a new mobile number. Pm me if you want me to get in touch with him anything. He hasn't been about much lately but that's no excuse. I just know he has a new mobile number and has been a bugger to get hold of lately but has started contacting me in the last few days again.

Have you still had no contact from him at all Henny? :eek:

Nope, 3 PMs and emails, many phone calls and now I just can't be bothered with him... He's used up all of my good will, and as many people on this forum know, that takes some doing... :eek:

Absolutely!

In my eyes, if you've butchered a set of seats for him, he should pay for them?

Pete Griff -

Sorry fella but we agreed a sale and all I asked for was a picture, not a lot to ask when im spending over £700 with someone who lives on the other side of the country from me! We agreed you would send me a pic when you took the bits off the car (which you have to do whoever you sold them to) I arranged for the cash to be ready and was waiting to hear from you when I get a PM saying you have sold the stuff to someone else!

And before you reply saying someone offered you more money for them, it would at least be common courtesy to offer them to me for the same price that someone else has offered!

Waste of time and effort... Thanks!

Pete Griff -

Sorry fella but we agreed a sale and all I asked for was a picture, not a lot to ask when im spending over £700 with someone who lives on the other side of the country from me! We agreed you would send me a pic when you took the bits off the car (which you have to do whoever you sold them to) I arranged for the cash to be ready and was waiting to hear from you when I get a PM saying you have sold the stuff to someone else!

And before you reply saying someone offered you more money for them, it would at least be common courtesy to offer them to me for the same price that someone else has offered!

Waste of time and effort... Thanks!

in my defence - please show me exactly where we agreed a sale!

you've had this happen to you before - surely you would have learned by now - if you want something; say you'll definitely have it if you had told me that you definitely wanted the shocks pending pics (which you didn't!!!) then i would have held them for you...

also you were haggling over the price (which in all honesty i thought was damn cheeky anyway considering the price; despite that i didn't say anything untoward).

if i get someone who rings me up offering an immediate deposit having looked at my build thread and seen how old the shocks were and what sort of condition they were likely to be in (which you could have easily done yourself), you can hardly blame me for giving the shocks to them! - also there have been several people in my for sale thread even saying how top-notch all my stuff is after they have been to my place to collect!!!

if you want something then bloody well say - YES I'LL DEFINITELY HAVE IT/THEM (and if that's pending pictures, then say that!)

i feel your post in this thread is totally unjustified - make a definitive descision in future and you'll get some definitive results - don't fanny around!

i even offered to sort you out with any other bits you wanted off my car cheap and this is how you re-pay me?!

edit - for anyone else who thinks they may have a problem if they buy anything from me - please see my for sale thread for the endorsements fom all the people WHO HAVE ACTUALLY TURNED UP AND BOUGHT THINGS!

also i would remind anyone of the forum rules - the first to say he/she will have something 100% takes it...

double edit - here's a quote from the GOOD SELLERS thread - "Thanks to pete_griff for the radiator. Very quick delivery and brilliant to deal with."

also here's a link to my for sale thread if any of you would like to see how apreciative the others were who turned up - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=79804&start=0

(this post has really upset me - anyone who has met me will hopefuly tell you what kind of a bloke i am - i'm really hacked off that someone who has given you nothing but words can try to put you down like this)

to set the record straight for all to see - please see below all PM correspondence between Ben and myself (scroll from bottom to top to read) - at no point does he mention that he will definitely take them once he has seen the pictures...

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"Bit gutted that you didnt let me know if im honest, especially as Im sure I said id have them first. Would have appreciated you saying someone was willing to give the full amount and did I want to match it!

Spose it doesnt matter now.

Thanks!

-

hey again Ben, hope all is well with you...

not wanting to be the breaker of bad news again - but i've had a bloke already send me a deposit without seeing the shocks and he is willing to pay the full asking price.

i'm sorry you've been gazzumped again - but i could hardly refuse a guy willing to pay the asking rice and give me a deposit straight up.

i hope you understand and you're not too upset pal.

if there's anything else that i've got that you would be interested in then please let me know.

most of the "shiny" parts are spoken for now, so it's just the standard bits and bobs left...

thanks again,

Pete

-

hey there again Ben, thanks forthe reply. i very much doubt i'll be down that way any time soon unfortunately.

i'll clean/photo/weigh the shocks this weekend provided i've got the time and we'll go from there.

thanks very much again,

Pete

-

Hi Pete,

Im in the other direction mate, I live in South East Kent. Are you anywhere near there or even London bound anytime soon? Happy to meet up if you are?

If I am going to arrange the courier I will need to know the weight of the package (and strangly enough the courier I use and trust also want to know the size of the box!!) If you can give me some info I will get a quote.

Cheers

Ben

-

fair one about the drive buddy - where abouts are you? (i travel around and up to north wales a fair bit with work, so i could potentially drop them off)

i will hopefully get the front set removed this weekend (rears are already off). i'll give them a bit of a clean and tak a couple of photos for you.

if i'm couriering though then obviously the price will go up accordingly...

also on that note it would probably be better if you arranged the courier. that way you don't have to pay me anything extra and you can take it up with the couriers yourself if they get damaged/lost etc.

have a think wht you wantto do and get back to m.

thanks again,

Pete

-

Hey Pete,

My immediate dilema is that you are a 4 hour drive from me - Thats 1 way, so it would be 8 hours to pick them up and come home!

Is there any chance you would remove them take a pic or 2 (just so I can see them - £700 notes is a lot to spend on something you havent actually seen) then package up securely and courier to me?

Cheers

Ben

-

hey again Ben, thanks for the response.

the KW's will need picking up from the Ross-on-Wye end of the M50.

if you can't make it this weekend, then that's no massive drama - but i do want them gone asap.

if you want you can give me a ring to talk about it if that would help - 07888701877 - Pete

i'll just remind you again that they come with new top mounts and bearings. the front top mounts are bonraths too which cost about £100 on their own!

thanks again,

Pete

-

Hey Pete,

I'll have a think tonight and let you know tomorrow mate.

Where will they need picking up from?

Cheers

Ben"

jamminvr6storm, i can understand where your coming from but i wouldn't say bad salesman-worthy. I have said i'll take a set of fogs and indicators from pete 100% and he has been offered more than what i have said i'll pay yet he has stuck to his word and said they are mine.

im sorry but i think if you are offered the right money and a deal hasn't been agreed he's well within his right to sell them.

in my defence - please show me exactly where we agreed a sale!

Pete, you said you would sell them for 700, we even discussed delivery!

you've had this happen to you before

Yes, I asked if a set of wheel bearing's would fit my car (forgive me for not just purchasing something that might not fit my car!!) and before I got an answer you jumped in and said you'd have them....

...Now correct me if im wrong here but you didnt even buy the damn bearings! The seller still has them

(oh btw - if you're still after those rear bearings, then get in touch with Steve (supercharged) as i presume he still has them)

^^ That was from your for sale thread!

also you were haggling over the price (which in all honesty i thought was damn cheeky anyway considering the price; despite that i didn't say anything untoward).

Why is it cheeky to make an offer? Where does it say no offers in your thread??

if i get someone who rings me up offering an immediate deposit having looked at my build thread and seen how old the shocks were and what sort of condition they were likely to be in (which you could have easily done yourself), you can hardly blame me for giving the shocks to them!

No, but I can blame you for not contacting me to say ''someone has offered me the full asking price but as we were in the process of arranging delivery (which we were I was just waiting for you to tell me the weight of them!) I am letting you know that I am going to sell them elsewhere unless you match the offer''

- also there have been several people in my for sale thread even saying how top-notch all my stuff is after they have been to my place to collect!!!

Pete, you live 4 hours away from me I can hardly just ''come to your place and collect'' if this was possible we wouldnt be here now!

if you want something then bloody well say - YES I'LL DEFINITELY HAVE IT/THEM (and if that's pending pictures, then say that!)

I do not think it unreasonable to ask for a picture when spending £700 or more from someone who is located on the other side of the country.

i feel your post in this thread is totally unjustified - make a definitive descision in future and you'll get some definitive results - don't fanny around!

Oh you can talk... as above you didnt buy those bearings and you can see from the PM thread (and your for sale thread) that you were going to get back to me on monday so I could arrange delivery and all I get is a PM on wednesday saying you have sold them elsewhere... I think you should take you own advice and stop fannying other people around!

i even offered to sort you out with any other bits you wanted off my car cheap and this is how you re-pay me?!

Re-pay you... ?? Pete, if you remember you asked me a while ago if I wanted anything else from your car (when you beat me to the bearings) and I told you then I didnt want anything else!

Hey Pete,

No nothing im particularly after unless you have a spare set of Tarox 6 pots just lying around.... :lol:

Speaking of brakes whats the score with the 280 rear's GB that was going on a while back? I would get in on that if the price is good?

Speak soon,

Ben

hey again,

afraid not on the tar-ox's - sorry! (having spoken to a few people who seem to know what they're on about, personally i would just stick with the four pots - they are just as good and less likely to have maintenance issues than 6-pots...)

as for the 280 rears, it seems that g-werks are being royally messed aorund by the states, which consequently means that we are being messed around. the actual groupbuy from g-werks is now no longer going ahead.

i am however trying to source some 280 kits from a different source as we speak. there's nothing confirmed and i don't know how successful it's going to be yet, but i'll update everyone as soon as i know anything. naturally i'll bear you in mind for any potential new offers :)

cheers again :)

Pete

edit - for anyone else who thinks they may have a problem if they buy anything from me - please see my for sale thread for the endorsements fom all the people WHO HAVE ACTUALLY TURNED UP AND BOUGHT THINGS!

As above you are 4 hours away Pete!! I would have ACTUALLY TURNED UP AND BOUGHT THEM if you were closer.

also i would remind anyone of the forum rules - the first to say he/she will have something 100% takes it...

If you are such a sticker for forum rules why havent you updated your for sale thread to reflect the fact you have sold the suspension?? It seems you use the rules when it suits you..

double edit - here's a quote from the GOOD SELLERS thread - "Thanks to pete_griff for the radiator. Very quick delivery and brilliant to deal with."

If im honest you have been a decent guy, my biggest problem is that you didnt even have the courtesy to gat back to me (either to say someone had offered you more then me or when you said you would... on monday!)

(this post has really upset me - anyone who has met me will hopefuly tell you what kind of a bloke i am - i'm really hacked off that someone who has given you nothing but words can try to put you down like this)

Nothing but words... isnt that the point of forums???? What else have you given? If your referring to a build thread then for your information im in the middle of my engine conversion... taking pics as I go along... for this forum!

I have met many people on here and they will vouch for me, I have been to meets and even put my car on a corrado forum stand... what else do you want!

to set the record straight for all to see - please see below all PM correspondence between Ben and myself (scroll from bottom to top to read) - at no point does he mention that he will definitely take them once he has seen the pictures...

I arranged a price and was waiting for you to give me the weight of the suspension so I could arrange a courier to pick them up... I was hardly messing you about! I only needed the weight because YOU wanted me to arrange a courier myself!

You didnt keep to your word as I got no PM from you like you said you would!

i'll clean/photo/weigh the shocks this weekend provided i've got the time and we'll go from there.

You would have had to take them off and clean them before sale and its hardly an effort to provide a bloody photo! In fact you said yourself that the rears were already off... you could have just photo'd them and I would have sent you the cash by now!

I have a good reputation on this forum and the only disputes I have been part of are when you were involved with the sale!

jamminvr6storm, i can understand where your coming from but i wouldn't say bad salesman-worthy. I have said i'll take a set of fogs and indicators from pete 100% and he has been offered more than what i have said i'll pay yet he has stuck to his word and said they are mine.

im sorry but i think if you are offered the right money and a deal hasn't been agreed he's well within his right to sell them.

Thats fair enough swiftkid, but pete didnt stick to his word with me... the same as he didnt stick to his word when he said ''I'll take the bearings 100%''

I have always thought Pete was a decent guy... I just feel let down by this.

And I definately agree that Pete is not as bad as some sellers out there, its not as if he took my money and dissapeared or sold me something that was dodgy.

Guys, let's not let this get out of hand. It's obvious there's been some disagreement but just exchanging blows after the event isn't really going to achieve anything for either side.

Unless anything can be done, which I'm not sure it can, I think it might be best to just let it be water under the bridge.

FYI - i had made arrangements with Steve (supercharged) to swap the bearing for some parts i had - so i was in fact going to take them until all this crap with my own car happened. i only brought it back up as i thought i was doing you a favour if you were still after some...

AND YOU NEVER SAID 100% YOU WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE THE SHOCKS! (as my above post shows)

as VR6 says, I'm not going to bicker on with you just to get the last word on everything; just know that i strongly disagree with most of the points you've made above.

if you feel you still want to continue the dispute with me outside of the forum i'm more than happy to speak to you anytime - you've got my phone number...

i sincerely apologise for any inconvenience my actions may have caused you - i guess we'll just have to put it down to a misunderstanding.

i hope this can be the end of the matter,

Pete

Yea still got the bearings Pete and I still want that Clutch line if pos...

The bearings are actually in Jims garage as I took them to Stanford for you... he could bring them to Stonor next weekend maybe...

If noone else wants the bearings... I'll swap them for some sausages...

Yea still got the bearings Pete and I still want that Clutch line if pos...

The bearings are actually in Jims garage as I took them to Stanford for you... he could bring them to Stonor next weekend maybe...

cheers pal - sorry if you don't already know, but i don't need the bearings any more (now breaking my car :cry: ); if you could hold them and PM jamminvr6storm about them that would be really appreciated (i think he's stil after a set..)

of course you can still have the cutch line - are you/anyone from your neck of the woods anywhere near me any time soon?

i could post it for you, but obviously that wil be a little extra (£5 or whatever it costs) and you'll have to wait longer... up to you.

If noone else wants the bearings... I'll swap them for some sausages...

what kind of sausages are we talking here?! (i've always been partial to pork and leek personally)

Toadie - there were a pair of genuine bearings on here for sale the other day...

You posted in the thread...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=80275

Yeah, I know, but I wanted to get into some pork based conversation to lighten the mood. :tongue: